Are Wedding ceremonies n dinners a waste of time n money?

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wedding ceremonies n dinners, so much time, effort n money spent on it.
Seems like a big waste of time n money...

Better to spend the money on a nicer honeymoon

meister00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rather than spend on honeymoon also, should spend on future necessities.

LemonSalmon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me and my wife had a simple and cheap lunch wedding, but we live like kings on our honeymoon. And our house are nicely renovated compared to our peers. Tio suan on wedding day for one day, but shower in their envy for the rest of the days.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me and my wife had a simple and cheap lunch wedding, but we live like kings on our honeymoon. And our house are nicely renovated compared to our peers. Tio suan on wedding day for one day, but shower in their envy for the rest of the days.
Expensive or cheap also mainly sponsored by the guests. You think you got save much more than others meh?

Sent from Mars using GAGT

tiny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:(

SINGAPORE - All this couple wanted to do was to indulge their desire for a dream wedding.

After all, you get married only once in this lifetime, said Mr Cayden Lee.

But that indulgence proved to be costly for them. The 32-year-old insurance agent is still mired in the debt he incurred in October 2012.

He told The New Paper on Sunday: "This is the real regret. We struggle from month to month just to make ends meet."

The couple borrowed $45,000 from a financial institution with a repayment period of two years. They also borrowed $4,000 from a licensed moneylender and $11,000 from a relative. On top of that, they pumped in their entire savings of $20,000.

They also charged to their individual credit cards, said his wife, who wants to be known only as Mrs Lee. She estimates the charges were another $30,000.

The total sum? $110,000.

Said the housewife: "When we first did our calculations, we were confident that we could afford it.

But what Mrs Lee, 28, did not count on was losing sleep over hounding debt collectors.

She slipped into depression about six months after her wedding, and finally quit her job as an insurance agent.

Her whims, she said, included having a bridal arch made with 999 fresh tulips from Holland, completed with a tulip-shaped balloon, for their wedding march-in. The arch cost nearly $12,000.

The wedding banquet was held at a six-star hotel in the Marina Bay area, with each of the 45 tables costing $1,688++.

Other costs included their bridal photography, make-up, hair-styling and videography.

See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/diva/dream-110k-wedding-ends-debt#sthash.9JWKx37T.dpuf

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:(

SINGAPORE - All this couple wanted to do was to indulge their desire for a dream wedding.

After all, you get married only once in this lifetime, said Mr Cayden Lee.

But that indulgence proved to be costly for them. The 32-year-old insurance agent is still mired in the debt he incurred in October 2012.

He told The New Paper on Sunday: "This is the real regret. We struggle from month to month just to make ends meet."

The couple borrowed $45,000 from a financial institution with a repayment period of two years. They also borrowed $4,000 from a licensed moneylender and $11,000 from a relative. On top of that, they pumped in their entire savings of $20,000.

They also charged to their individual credit cards, said his wife, who wants to be known only as Mrs Lee. She estimates the charges were another $30,000.

The total sum? $110,000.

Said the housewife: "When we first did our calculations, we were confident that we could afford it.

But what Mrs Lee, 28, did not count on was losing sleep over hounding debt collectors.

She slipped into depression about six months after her wedding, and finally quit her job as an insurance agent.

Her whims, she said, included having a bridal arch made with 999 fresh tulips from Holland, completed with a tulip-shaped balloon, for their wedding march-in. The arch cost nearly $12,000.

The wedding banquet was held at a six-star hotel in the Marina Bay area, with each of the 45 tables costing $1,688++.

Other costs included their bridal photography, make-up, hair-styling and videography.

See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/diva/dream-110k-wedding-ends-debt#sthash.9JWKx37T.dpuf
This is a CSB lah. An insurance agents couple got an entire combined savings of $20k. Seriously?

Sent from Mars using GAGT

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When economy is good, jobs are getting the pay rises and compensation they deserve, absolutely no issue....go ahead and have a blast on a big banquet.

But for the past few years, really like fug for the general population...... yes they are quite wasteful. And seriously, i am sure a large portion of the guests do not want to come.

For me 2 boys, seriously i would not place any demands on them. In fact i'd recommend them to have a small cosy one but still high in quality, but place no demands on guests on the ang pow (in fact might even tell guests not to give more than $88 or something like that, just a token will do)..... the rest save up to invest or throw into home.

LemonSalmon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When economy is good, jobs are getting the pay rises and compensation they deserve, absolutely no issue....go ahead and have a blast on a big banquet.

But for the past few years, really like fug for the general population...... yes they are.

For me 2 boys, seriously i would not place any demands on them. In fact i'd recommend them to have a small cosy one but still high in quality, but place no demands on guests on the ang pow (in fact might even tell guests not to give more than $88 or something like that, just a token will do)..... the rest save up to invest or throw into home.

Good thinking. Your 2 boys very lucky.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.