Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Promotions at Funan Challenger for Tonight's Windows 8 Launch Party

Like Tree1Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #1

Promotions at Funan Challenger for Tonight's Windows 8 Launch Party

Hey all, just a heads up if you're planning on heading down to Funan for tonight's Windows 8 launch event, Challenger will be hosting a Member's Night from 6PM to 1AM with promotions on lots of stuff.

Do note that some promos are limited to Challenger member's only.

Brochures (click for full size):

www.gameaxis.com
j.wartooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

fantastic offer from Challenger however

25 Oct | Windows 8 Launch @ 12 Midnight! Windows 8 Pro upgrade @ $59 (UP: $289) for 1st 88 Members only! While Stocks Last!

any idea how much the membership will be?

the Drybox looks good :x

Last edited by goenitz33; 25-10-2012 at 02:53 PM..
goenitz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #3

I'm more interested to know if they are selling the Windows 8 full version.
dreamer_toons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #4

can someone kindly let me use your membership? Don't want to sign up new one. can pm me. Thanks.
OldTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm more interested to know if they are selling the Windows 8 full version.
an upgrade version basically is like a full version also, why would you want to pay more ?

unless Windows 8 works differently from Windows 7 though.

I did a clean install using my Windows 7 Pro Disc without installing any OS previously in the SSD/HDD.

http://betanews.com/2012/07/04/four-...ws-8-upgrades/

just saw this, they removed the clean install function.

So it will now go back to the draconian stage where you install another OS first then use the upgrade disc. Plain retarded though

The below is even tarded -.-

2. Are clean installations an option during the upgrade process? LeBlanc mentions that users can select to format the hard drive they want to install Windows 8 Pro on during the upgrade process. This may include the drive the earlier version of Windows was installed on, which is excellent news for users who want to start with a clean fresh operating system. It needs to be mentioned that no data can be migrated from the old operating system to the new if format is selected.

Kudos to MS for making ppl waste more time >.>

Last edited by goenitz33; 25-10-2012 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: Ah i think Win 8 have changed.
goenitz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Master Member

fantastic offer from Challenger however

25 Oct | Windows 8 Launch @ 12 Midnight! Windows 8 Pro upgrade @ $59 (UP: $289) for 1st 88 Members only! While Stocks Last!

any idea how much the membership will be?

the Drybox looks good :x
Membership is $20 one year, $30 two years IIRC.
Boltersdriveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #7

an upgrade version basically is like a full version also, why would you want to pay more ?

unless Windows 8 works differently from Windows 7 though.

I did a clean install using my Windows 7 Pro Disc without installing any OS previously in the SSD/HDD.

Four things you REALLY need to know about Windows 8 upgrades

So it will now go back to the draconian stage where you install another OS first then use the upgrade disc. Plain retarded though

The below is even tarded -.-

2. Are clean installations an option during the upgrade process? LeBlanc mentions that users can select to format the hard drive they want to install Windows 8 Pro on during the upgrade process. This may include the drive the earlier version of Windows was installed on, which is excellent news for users who want to start with a clean fresh operating system. It needs to be mentioned that no data can be migrated from the old operating system to the new if format is selected.

Kudos to MS for making ppl waste more time >.>
Thanks for the link.

So, I still need my existing windows7 on my drive before I can install windows8 over it since the clean install function is removed.
Old 25-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

yes but the retarded thing is that you can choose to format during the upgrade process which equates to a clean install.

but it is making users wasting additional time by forcing them to install an OS on it first.
Old 25-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #9

I just hope that they will have a few separate queues. I only want to get the printer... dun care about Windows 8 and other stuffs.
nestorvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #10

yes but the retarded thing is that you can choose to format during the upgrade process which equates to a clean install.

but it is making users wasting additional time by forcing them to install an OS on it first.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Indeed, it is time consuming. The hassle of re-installing windows7, format it and install windows 8 when I replace my drive next time.
Old 25-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #11
Master Member

maybe it now needs to capture previous os license (b4 reformat), in order to check online later whether valid.
hlots123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

There is event at funan?? What time?? Every ody can go?? Got surface to play bo
noobzpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

Went to the launch event @ Esplanade Theatre Roof Terrace. Totally boring. I as hoping to hear speakers giving professional introductions, etc... But is only a free walking around looking for quiz answer event.

Every single machine is looking so identical. Nothing special beside hardware... Too big for being a tablet, with so little apps. And too lousy for being a PC. Win8 is just not for me.
kopi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

Four things you REALLY need to know about Windows 8 upgrades

This might not be true if you know some command line but don't quote me on this yet cos I do need to get my hands on one first.

I will report back my finding once I verify this myself
Old 25-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

Went to the launch event @ Esplanade Theatre Roof Terrace. Totally boring. I as hoping to hear speakers giving professional introductions, etc... But is only a free walking around looking for quiz answer event.

Every single machine is looking so identical. Nothing special beside hardware... Too big for being a tablet, with so little apps. And too lousy for being a PC. Win8 is just not for me.
Got distribute free windows 8 disc or not?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.