Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3147458)

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a problem with Windows Update when updating KB3147458.
Windows would say it is unable to complete the update after restarting and it would take some time to undo the changes. The next time I restart it would try to update and undo again.

This has happened for like 3 times already.
I tried running the Windows Update troubleshooter and restart but it does not help.

Anybody knows how to solve it?

Last edited:

ykgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
You're not the only one having problem. Just wait it out while Microsoft engineers sort out the issues.

Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3147458 Issues: The update is causing some problems on a number of PCs

KB3147458 also fails to install

There are also reports that KB3147458 fails to install with the typical “Cannot complete install. Undoing changes” error message displayed every time. PCs that are seeing this error are in most cases returned to the desktop but are then reoffered the update only to experience the same issue once again. The solution in this case is to hide the update until a fix is offered.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.