Windows 10 Key

Curiousitycat

Reaction score
I know this quite thick skin to ask here, but recently my com died and I lost my windows 10 install cos I had to do a fresh install.

So I was just wondering if any students with microsoft dreamspark / imagine premium not planning on using their windows 10 key can help me out? I would really appreciate it, cos a key is damn ex.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u can still spare some money to buy fro reddit or play asia? the keys wont cost more than 100 but will be around 70, den again u can try to find those cheaper one at around 30.

PS: all price indicate is converted to SGD in est.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Key per user/student is not allowed to be transfer to another person.
That is not within the EULA and if MS detect this you maybe slap with a fine.

If your school have given you a dreamspark account, log in and get a academic key for your own use only.
If you don't have, ask your school IT for one.
Even with that key or other software, you cannot transfer or sell
any of the software that is given to you for free.

Try don't play with MS software, it's dangerous since you will not know whether will they take action or not.

honestguy

Reaction score
If your computer is a few years back notebook/laptop, chances is that your Windows key (presumably Win 7 or 8 and you did reserve your free Win 10 upgrade during the free 1 year period) is embedded in your computer BIOS. Hence, just re-install Win10 which you can download from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10.

Your freshly installed Win10 will be able to pickup the Win 7 or 8 key directly and activate it.

If you have your previous Win 7 or 8 key from installation CD and you did reserve for free Win10 upgrade, you can also re-install Win 10 and enter the previous Win 7 or 8 key.

**Afternote***
Refer to this thread for the same instruction on Win 10 media creation tool --> http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/windows-os-377/install-window-10-new-ssd-5448242.html

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.