Lumia 1030 to sport a bigger camera sensor (50 MP) than Lumia 1020, says a new tip

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like a downgrade to me with the design and missing xenon flash.

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
1030_flash.JPG

There's a Xenon flash AND dual LED !! Bump up the brightness and contrast and you'll see the secret within :)

http://www.windowscentral.com/fan-renders-alleged-microsoft-lumia-1030

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it. Based on the size of the camera aperture, the sensor looks more like a 1/3.5" module rather than the humungous 1/1.5" in the Lumia 1020.

Just compare a side-by-side shot of the Camera module to get a sense of the aperture.

lumia1020camera.jpg

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
Anyway, as long as it's not this...

1020fake.jpg

LOL.... lmao

Come to think of it. Based on the size of the camera aperture, the sensor looks more like a 1/3.5" module rather than the humungous 1/1.5" in the Lumia 1020.

Just compare a side-by-side shot of the Camera module to get a sense of the aperture.

lumia1020camera.jpg

sounds legit... yep, current one is much bigger.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
False alarm. No such device at all.

Sadly the “Lumia 1030″ will never be

There is no Lumia 1030 right now. The leaked device is the canceled Nokia McLaren. It was never a 50-megapixel camera, just around 20MP

— Tom Warren (@tomwarren) December 5, 2014

Let's get back to reality I guess. MS is only care about flooding the market with low budgeted phones. :(

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Like I said when the rumor first started, too many things looked wrong. This is probably the rejected McLaren. In which case I'm HAPPY it didn't get release coz I would never consider this a Lumia 1020 successor!

The slit is probably the speaker.

Last edited:

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
Microsoft has been keeping alot of things under close wrap lately .

We can just pray that the next flagship is also getting the same treatment

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, based on past few months of releases, MS seem to be taking a new approach to the high end phones. The probable reason why there are no high end phone is likely due to a complete rethinking of the Lumia line.

Releasing entry level phones require less resources while hi-end devices takes a longer time. Case in point MS Band, which took 3 years.

However, I hope MS don't wait till WP10 to launch high ends. That'll take too long. Launch it with GDR2 then upgrade. It doesn't make sense to delay the hardware because of software.

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
Huge trove of Nokia McLaren pictures leak from China

info from MSFT last nite, there was a indeed proto type of L1020 replacement floating around but got canned cos not "ready" ... (least that part is for real)

also on the side note , the camera is said to be more than 20mp . and similar to the 1020's 41mp .

anyway . expect something new in january . but not something that will be a successor of the 1020 .

Rickosw

Reaction score
also on the side note , the camera is said to be more than 20mp . and similar to the 1020's 41mp .

anyway . expect something new in january . but not something that will be a successor of the 1020 .

yeah, forgot to mention the above JUICY news as well! my mind was filled with L1030

Microsoft to reveal the ‘next chapter’ for Windows 10 on January 21st

Joe Belfiore (Windows Phone) would be there as well, so 99% may give more info about this new phone we should be seeing in Jan ... but which "tie" (eg low end, mid-tier) we really not sure as yet ...:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.