HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2015, 03:48 PM   #31
Master Member

yea wait so long still no news. aiming at 640 lte dual sim. if got 2 gb ram will be even better if they suddenly do a last minute change haha
chenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:23 AM   #32
Master Member

latest update on the Lumia 640 and 640 XL.

it is expected to be released on the 18th of April (90% affirmative, unless logistic issues). pricing wise still not available yet . >.<

if i did not remember wrongly, we might be only getting the single sim LTE version for both models. (need to reconfirm)

to come with 1 year free Office 365 (1 desktop/laptop + 1 tablet + 1 phone (iOS / Android, windows phone comes with free office out of the box) also comes with free 1 TB onedrive storage for 1 year and free 60 mins of international skype calls per month (can be used to dial landline and mobile , subjected to country)

Initial impression of the 640 XL, very light weight, big battery, and gorgeous screen for the mid range device. excellent selfie camera brought over from the 730. main camera did pretty decently for low light shots (not pureview device).

LastBattle likes this.

Devices: Mighty Yellow 1020

Last edited by xtrememanix; 01-04-2015 at 12:32 AM..
xtrememanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:54 AM   #33
High Supremacy Member

Beautiful and good news. At least we have a date now. BTW bro, is the XL too big for 1 hand operations? I do feel 1520 is indeed kinda huge sometimes. Thanks!

kopi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:52 AM   #34
Master Member

the free office from windows phone is for phone use only or free for 1 laptop/desktop and 1 tablet also?
Old 01-04-2015, 12:48 PM   #35
Master Member

Beautiful and good news. At least we have a date now. BTW bro, is the XL too big for 1 hand operations? I do feel 1520 is indeed kinda huge sometimes. Thanks!
Nope. Not too big. And it is very light.
I had actually opened up inside and see, even the 3,000mAh battery seems so much smaller, but well, the specs says it all.

With the introduction of MS Office 365 for every purchase of the Microsoft Lumia 640 or Lumia 640XL, which is effectively priced at S$98.00 for the Office 365 deal, the Lumia 640 and 640XL is definitely a good buy.

1TB of OneDrive storage + 60mins of Free International Skype calling features for a year is too good a deal to be missed.

The fun part is, one of the MS guys (i shall not name the person) was using a Lumia 640 XL Dual-Sim!!! Unfortunately, we are only getting the single SIM Variant here.

Oh yes, the Lumia 640 and 640XL supports up to 128gb SDCard and also supports Qi-Wireless charging with the swap of a shell.

And the technical guy have promised us that it will be Win10 very soon, if you wanna do a technical preview that is.

Speaking about Win10 ... the Technical Preview is rolling out to all the devices in the coming fortnight ... anyone ready to roll with their Lumia 1520 on Win10?
kopi22 likes this.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #36
Master Member

the free office from windows phone is for phone use only or free for 1 laptop/desktop and 1 tablet also?
Free for 01 Laptop/Desktop and your iPad also.

Must activate before 14th August 2015 hor ... don't say never wong u.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:56 PM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

Single SIM only? Pass.
scourge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:23 PM   #38
Master Member

Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 will never get to most Windows Phones, but it certainly has a number of features which I wish was supported on my handset.

In the above picture we see another unannounced feature, demonstrated on the Lumia 640, which allows users to suspend their device by double tapping on the navigation bar.

This feature is particularly useful for those who want to preserve the buttons of their device for later resale, allowing users to both switch on and off their device without using any buttons at all.

See it demonstrated in Windows Phone Loverís video below at the 3:30 mark.

Devices: Mighty Yellow 1020
xtrememanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:29 PM   #39

Nope. Not too big. And it is very light.
I had actually opened up inside and see, even the 3,000mAh battery seems so much smaller, but well, the specs says it all.

The fun part is, one of the MS guys (i shall not name the person) was using a Lumia 640 XL Dual-Sim!!! Unfortunately, we are only getting the single SIM Variant here.

Speaking about Win10 ... the Technical Preview is rolling out to all the devices in the coming fortnight ... anyone ready to roll with their Lumia 1520 on Win10?
is that the same guy that has the Nokia tablet 2520 ?
Old 01-04-2015, 10:45 PM   #40

some pics taken last nite

my inital impression of 640XL, it is a solid mid tier 5.7inch smartphone that offers good value and i can see the potential for office email / simple word editing on the go. (Free Office 365 for 1st yr)

though the back is still made of plastic, it is not the cheapo glossy type, or slippery type, u hold it, u know u are holding a smartphone, not just a light weight toy.

opening up apps, is smooth, no visible lag time, camera is good - ZEISS lens

i have taken some pics to share , comparing to size of L1020 ... the physical size is a bit smaller than 1520 and lighter as well

hopefully, i can get a set to review in detail in the very near future

Old 02-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #41
High Supremacy Member

my inital impression of 640XL, it is a solid mid tier 5.7inch smartphone that offers good value and i can see the potential for office email / simple word editing on the go. (Free Office 365 for 1st yr)

though the back is still made of plastic, it is not the cheapo glossy type, or slippery type, u hold it, u know u are holding a smartphone, not just a light weight toy.

opening up apps, is smooth, no visible lag time, camera is good - ZEISS lens

i have taken some pics to share , comparing to size of L1020 ... the physical size is a bit smaller than 1520 and lighter as well

hopefully, i can get a set to review in detail in the very near future

Can't see in office.... bookmarked!

May I know if Cyan color will be available upon launch? Or it will come only at later dates?? Thanks!

Last edited by kopi22; 02-04-2015 at 09:22 AM..
kopi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #42
Master Member

Free for 01 Laptop/Desktop and your iPad also.

Must activate before 14th August 2015 hor ... don't say never wong u.
thanks for the "wong-ing" thats a good steal if can use on so many platform for 1 year. 60minute skype is the best steal as i always call my china relative haha

but i am actually looking for dual sim model instead of single sim.

anyone can confirm tat dual sim will be available in sg also?
Old 06-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #43

Russian / Ukraine gal

not sure where she is from ... maybe russian area ...
giving a nice review of 640

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=130&v=ohc4IGlaCp4

http://mynokiablog.com/2015/04/03/mi...ozetka-review/
Old 06-04-2015, 09:32 PM   #44
Master Member

Still no news ah?? April approaching...
Like I mention in the Sony Thread.... they can market it as a superb can fly can swim device.... but if they don't bring the damn thing in.... we can only drool and wow over the internet.... we don't get to own it.. they don't get to sell it... the market share won't increase....

Unlike maker like Sam...... they tickle our balls with the next model... get you excited.... saliva dripping... within month... they are on the shelf....

Waiting for Windows phone is like 牛朗与织女......... got to wait long long....

Last edited by SExiao; 06-04-2015 at 09:35 PM..
SExiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:15 PM   #45
Arch-Supremacy Member

Like I mention in the Sony Thread.... they can market it as a superb can fly can swim device.... but if they don't bring the damn thing in.... we can only drool and wow over the internet.... we don't get to own it.. they don't get to sell it... the market share won't increase....

Unlike maker like Sam...... they tickle our balls with the next model... get you excited.... saliva dripping... within month... they are on the shelf....

Waiting for Windows phone is like 牛朗与织女......... got to wait long long....
Coming soon liao. Was told official date to see this sexy is on 18th April.
ahtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.