Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL

BenAKL

Reaction score
Just scoured the net. Can activate. Something to do is change the language/region/keyboard setting.

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just tried out the 640XL at an M1 shop. Doesn't seem to have Cortana.

the region need to set to UK and speech language also needs to set to english UK also.
cortana is much more accurate than siri but the setup example like home,gf address all these is quite troublesome. name giving must say the actual name.

alfcrazyhorse

Reaction score
I had Cortana on my XL, but region is set at US. I did not set it and it came out of the box as it is. Suppose to be a local set as I bought it from Mustaffa and has a "IDA" sticker on it. It works pretty well. Happy with it.

Rickosw

Reaction score
I just tried out the 640XL at an M1 shop. Doesn't seem to have Cortana.

we have been using since day one it is released to the public ...
i will say 99% of us are using the "US edition" ...

unless you have other native accent / living in other countries where the local search is more useful to you.

click the link below for other countries that is in "alpha" testing & step by step guide

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-au/how-to/wp8/cortana/cortana-alpha

ps: PRC edition one is very special - even looks different ... you can search the web for it

Last edited:

BenAKL

Reaction score
I had Cortana on my XL, but region is set at US. I did not set it and it came out of the box as it is. Suppose to be a local set as I bought it from Mustaffa and has a "IDA" sticker on it. It works pretty well. Happy with it.

Alf. How much did you pay for your 640XL? I read somewhere was like $348 at Mustafa?

nickwong225

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in buying BNIB Microsoft Lumia 640XL, please contact 98154773. I'm selling at $350 :D

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My lumia top right corner will have some weird sound after applying some pressure. Anyone facing the same issue? Seems like the phone back casing did not close properly.

alfcrazyhorse

Reaction score
My lumia top right corner will have some weird sound after applying some pressure. Anyone facing the same issue? Seems like the phone back casing did not close properly.

I have to admit that the cover seems to be made of cheap material, but fortunately I have no issues with it. Just remember, do not open the cover too much or u will definitely get the cover scratched at the part where u insert your fingernail to open it. Cheers.

SExiao

Master Member
Reaction score
The concept store selling like $428??? Hmm..... not many shop selling wp phone and concept store sell rrp.... hmm....

TechnoSavant

Reaction score
i dont mind at all! at that point of time was torn between 735 and 535, but 535 was having touch issues so i jumped right at 735.

from my pov, who needs replaceable battery when Lumia's battery itself is long-lasting? it may be different pov for others.

:D
As I learned from my friend and after 7 years of experience in electric R/C hobby, having the option of removeable battery is always better. Lithium battery charge holding, and capacity starts to drop significantly 500 cycles....

I'd rather just order in a new battery then send my phone in for batt replacements after 1-2 years..

techaunty

Reaction score
One more choice to get the lumia 640XL and also personal fav.

6679639_orig.jpg

Source

Ibodnano

Reaction score
As I learned from my friend and after 7 years of experience in electric R/C hobby, having the option of removeable battery is always better. Lithium battery charge holding, and capacity starts to drop significantly 500 cycles....

I'd rather just order in a new battery then send my phone in for batt replacements after 1-2 years..

The problem is where can we get spare battery for lumia 640, I can't find any even online

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The problem is where can we get spare battery for lumia 640, I can't find any even online
Phone battery model if I am not wrong should be the BV-T4B. There are a few sellers selling it on eBay (not from Singapore though).

Timbre70

Reaction score
Always better to have replaceable battery 'cos

1. can do "hard" reset. Sometimes, there's no other way a phone will shut other than pulling out the battery.

2. easier and idiot-proof to replace DIY than those built in ones which require more skills.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.