Lumia 830

TheSnail

Reaction score
can i ask where did you get your 830?

eBAY......from a Chinese phone wholesaler. No complaints.

Now running WP10 and yes, has a few lag, screen refresh, typing speed/swype issues etc. so next week will do a full back-up, reset and restore.

Also, don't like the way WP10 no longer closes all apps when hitting BACK. Some do but most don't and also EDGE tabs also never seem to close. The only way to close most apps is to long hold the arrow key and flick down.

Having said the negative.......I do seem to be getting really good battery life now!

androidmazon

Reaction score

bad1986

Reaction score

TechnoSavant

Reaction score
I tried downloading the 830 with Win 10M using the upgrade advisor. It took quite a while to restore the apps . Overall experience was alright.

Does it lag a lot more? I just saw it on my friend's 1520... W10M looks chio... but feels a bit cluttered.

TheSnail

Reaction score
I had to reset and restore a couple of times because of a couple of problems but now basically everything is stable....... but laggy.

The screen blanks out from time to time, typing/Swype is a bit slow, glance screen takes an age and powering up the screen to the Lock Screen can also take a while. Moving from Home Screen to Menu and scrolling down can catch out the icons as they try to catch up and leave them blank.

Predictive texting is not learning as quickly as it did under WP8.1, if at all.......it might be too early to see.

The Settings page is better now, with easy to use search.

My issue, like everybody else with LinkedIn and WP10 is contacts are not properly synced so I don't have photos and updates so hopefully an upcoming update can solve as thousands of people are complaining. I have more LinkedIn contact photos than any else so it's handy for Caller ID.

Integration of Skype directly into Messaging is a bit confusing.

TechnoSavant

Reaction score
I dont use LinkedIn, but i can see when the lack of synch makes it frustrating.

The lag would be real frustrating for me, probably outweigh the cosmetic uplifts (in terms of static graphics). But reading windowscentral, i can see why they see why MS is rolling out the W10m this way... but they are taking a really really long term aim at this.. if they dont come up with practical and quick optimisations for existing phones to use W10m, then they whole vision on capitalising on IoT might fall apart.

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
windows phone 10 is like a step back into win 6.5 mobile.

Everything just started lagging again. Photo taking is lagging, albums not syncing properly with Skydrive, text typing isn't smooth anymore, App store is just frustrating and slow, have to wait and wait and be very patient, along with many other problems.

and I thought windows phone 10 is a step better than windows phone 8.1. NOT.

please just tell them to stop making any more phones, so I can stop buying to feed my love for windows phone. for so many fuking years, they still can't perfect a simple phone.

androidmazon

Reaction score
Hahaha... I don't recommend the L830 also, many had end up a broken camera module, including mine...
I would recommend the L650, better than (and cheaper than) L830 Imo.

Strangely, I had broken camera module since one of the insider preview before the official 10586 build, tried WDRT to rollback WP8.1 the camera remain offline... Updated to the latest 10586.218 today and the camera is back online!! :s11:

Last edited:

TheSnail

Reaction score
My Glance Screen has stopped working, plus it is not visible when charging even though it has always been set that way and working until a day or two ago :(

The screen now also flickers more often......hope the anniversary update can sort a few of these outstanding issues, like integration with LinkedIn as well.

androidmazon

Reaction score
My Glance Screen has stopped working, plus it is not visible when charging even though it has always been set that way and working until a day or two ago :(

The screen now also flickers more often......hope the anniversary update can sort a few of these outstanding issues, like integration with LinkedIn as well.

Are you on Threshold or Redstone? My Lumia 830 don't have the issues that you described. Glance screen working perfectly, no screen flickering issue.
I saw somewhere that the flickering screen issue can be solved by using WDRT to roll back WP8.1 GDR2 first then update to WM10m, I'm not too sure if mine was fixed using this method, but I did rolled back WP8.1 GDR2 via the WDRT because of the dead camera issue.

androidmazon

Reaction score
Just got my battery for L830!! after one botched attempt..( ask vpost to discard)... ordered again... and it arrived I think within 2 weeks.

:s12:

Bro, I'm curious on how much you paid for the battery...
And, two weeks for the delivery, definitely for DHL/Fedex lor.

TechnoSavant

Reaction score
Under $50. ( I wont mention prices here lol ... if really interested, pm me... lol) :s13: dont wanna feed the trolls

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.