gzATObOl.jpg

m4SpMiel.jpg

Sent from Meizu MX4 PRO using GAGT

I am guessing 950 will be sexclusive to only one
telco and 950xl will never come Singapore :(

Rickosw

Reaction score
Ok Boys & Gals,

We have done our part liao, went to "drill" the MOST SENIOR Staff of the evening, keep asking him questions to the very best of our abilities ...

Bad News: 950 & 950XL WILL NOT COME BEFORE YEAR END

AVERAGE NEWS: STILL IN TALKS WITH TELECOMS

OK NEWS: BOTH 950 & 950XL will cum in early Jan

ps: touched based with the new Marcom Manager in charge of Devices, We have express all the wants & wishes & demands for 950 & 950XL, he told us he will look into this, hopefully will meet us again (Lumia fanboys) and give us more details in dec.

facts are accurate at this time of writing with presence of a few other Lumia fanboys

Last edited:

ap6724X

Reaction score
Ok Boys & Gals,

We have done our part liao, went to "drill" the MOST SENIOR Staff of the evening, keep asking him questions to the very best of our abilities ...

ps: touched based with the new Marcom Manager in charge of Devices, We have express all the wants & wishes & demands for 950 & 950XL, we have never met him before, maybe new staff / new position...not sure...but he told us he will look into this, hopefully will meet us again (Lumia fanboys) and give us more details in dec.

facts are accurate at this time of writing with presence of a few other Lumia fanboys

Thank you so much

Hello_Kitty

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok Boys & Gals,

ps: touched based with the new Marcom Manager in charge of Devices, We have express all the wants & wishes & demands for 950 & 950XL, he told us he will look into this, hopefully will meet us again (Lumia fanboys) and give us more details in dec.

Can use thirteen month bonus in Jan 16 to buy!

weikian86

Reaction score
Thank you Rick for sharing! Not sure what's their business strategy to drag it till Jan 2016. Because by then the hype will be showered down by Samsung S7 launch. But heard there will be a surface phone. Is it true? Maybe by then we can look forward to that instead :p

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
haha its quite sad to hear that actually it might be the Telco that is causing our delay of the phones.

its a matter of microsoft wanting to sell it but telco's having second thoughts about it.

damn stinktel ! =.=

echoblue

Reaction score
I was there as a guest. If you are not a blogger,you wont get a door gift. Yes, as common as door gift MS still needs to be selective who to give. What a shame! I've been to several launch parties and this one is a bit of a let down. Even forced my friend to attend, of course he was not impressed after the event. Too bad.

of cos today is not the day, today is Surface 4 event, but least MSFT marketing and PR people WILL BE THERE, we will go ask them about LUMIA

are u going ?

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok Boys & Gals,

Was also expecting about the same outcome. Demands are not very high in SG. I hardly see any adverts about Windows phone in SG also. How to generate public interests I wonder.

Any news if 950 will come along with the docking station?

PS: Something I tried after upgrading to W10M. Now the mirroring function is already built in, I can watch my favorite animes mirrored on the TV. Though it sounds dumb, but at least watching on bigger screen is more shiok. Perhaps using the docking station will make more sense though. :s13::s13:

Rickosw

Reaction score
Was also expecting about the same outcome. Demands are not very high in SG. I hardly see any adverts about Windows phone in SG also. How to generate public interests I wonder.

Any news if 950 will come along with the docking station?

PS: Something I tried after upgrading to W10M. Now the mirroring function is already built in, I can watch my favorite animes mirrored on the TV. Though it sounds dumb, but at least watching on bigger screen is more shiok. Perhaps using the docking station will make more sense though. :s13::s13:

DUN QUOTE ME, this is just my 2 cents thought, on why the talks with the telecom is taking longer than usual,

1) Marketing & publicity budget - who want to pay, local telecom or MSFT foot the bill - how to promote , where to promote, roadshow, etc

2) Freebie package, my guess, Redmond wana promote the Continuum story, the DOCK, which many western countries (US) is giving out, but i think local SG mindset really not ready ... local mindset, want REAL PRACTICAL freebie, like wireless charger, extra battery, screen protector, phone case, SD Card ... App store voucher, Office 365 which may not be in line with what Redmond have in mind -

adv_illusioned

Reaction score
DUN QUOTE ME, this is just my 2 cents thought, on why the talks with the telecom is taking longer than usual,

1) Marketing & publicity budget - who want to pay, local telecom or MSFT foot the bill - how to promote , where to promote, roadshow, etc

2) Freebie package, my guess, Redmond wana promote the Continuum story, the DOCK, which many western countries (US) is giving out, but i think local SG mindset really not ready ... local mindset, want REAL PRACTICAL freebie, like wireless charger, extra battery, screen protector, phone case, SD Card ... App store voucher, Office 365 which may not be in line with what Redmond have in mind -

+1 on point 2 as well.

Darknight55

Reaction score
If they localize Cortana to Singapore, speaking Singlish, it can definitely help with the marketing. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.