Lumia 950XL & 950 - WP10 Flagship

145BHP

Reaction score
yea they will be the one honoring the warranty.

Thanks for the info.

I have also read the Terms and Conditions for the export set 950XL sold by SGBest. At least on paper, it looks like it does reasonably cover the most obvious phone factory defects during the warranty period. You don't think that is good enough and justifiy paying more for a "local" set?

Furthermore Microsoft SG itself as you have highlighted, is not at all making it clear how to go about getting the warranty related support.

Edit: I have also checked the price at Wymobile. Theirs is a local set with warranty. Since they do not charge GST, I think it is the lowest among the three shops that advertise their 950XL prices in the Internet.

Last edited:

derrick__

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I have also read the Terms and Conditions for the export set 950XL sold by SGBest. At least on paper, it looks like it does reasonably cover the most obvious phone factory defects during the warranty period. You don't think that is good enough and justifiy paying more for a "local" set?

Furthermore Microsoft SG itself as you have highlighted, is not at all making it clear how to go about getting the warranty related support.

Edit: I have also checked the price at Wymobile. Theirs is a local set with warranty. Since they do not charge GST, I think it is the lowest among the three shops that advertise their 950XL prices in the Internet.

oh WhyMob is selling quite cheap. can consider once i sold off my s7 edge tomorrow from telco :X

1a2a3a

Reaction score
Yes. Whymob and moby and infact j2 carries xl local set at 815-840.

I would easily go for that set. Thing is I don't want the xl version. And for some reason they don't carry non xl.

As I have highlighted in the other post, I cant justify myself buying non xl for 898 while there's a xl going for 840.

So for those looking for local xl, avenues have opened up. While for people like me, well... Continues sitting here like a soddling duck :/

HL

Reaction score
I am also waiting for the non XL at street price. I don't understand why there isn't any being sold.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Whymob and moby and infact j2 carries xl local set at 815-840.

I would easily go for that set. Thing is I don't want the xl version. And for some reason they don't carry non xl.

As I have highlighted in the other post, I cant justify myself buying non xl for 898 while there's a xl going for 840.

So for those looking for local xl, avenues have opened up. While for people like me, well... Continues sitting here like a soddling duck :/

I find XL has this weird buttons layout with the volume and power buttons.

1a2a3a

Reaction score
I find XL has this weird buttons layout with the volume and power buttons.

I do agree. Feels abit strange they decided to lump them all together.

Then again, its even weirder for a flag ship to have polycarbonated back plate.

I mean, well yes you can always do away with a mozo case(which cost you 6-10 macdonald meals), but that being said, I cant comprehend the fact that the phone has to "dress up" in order to be nice.

No, just no.

145BHP

Reaction score
oh WhyMob is selling quite cheap. can consider once i sold off my s7 edge tomorrow from telco :X

Do share with all how it went ok.

I will likely be doing the same shortly, e.g. a S7 during a telco road show. After factoring a trade in price of my existing Lumia 930 by the Telco, the net cost to upgrade to a Lumia 950XL after trade in with the S7 is only $3.:s13:

I have not called Whymobile, but I wonder if they will insist that the box for the S7 from telco must remain sealed to get full $810 cash?

1a2a3a

Reaction score

I will likely be doing the same shortly, e.g. a S7 during a telco road show. After factoring a trade in price of my existing Lumia 930 by the Telco, the net cost to upgrade to a Lumia 950XL after trade in with the S7 is only $3.:s13:

I have not called Whymobile, but I wonder if they will insist that the box for the S7 from telco must remain sealed to get full $810 cash?

I believed no matter what option you choose, you will be able to profit marginally like 100-200.

derrick__

Reaction score

Whymobile no stock for 950xl. Advertise low price but no stock..

Anyway just saw whymobile website, price increased to 835...

Will get from Moby if they have the ready stock.

Last edited:

145BHP

Reaction score
I believed no matter what option you choose, you will be able to profit marginally like 100-200.

It will depend very much on your current plan with the telco. The more expensive the monthly plan is, the cheaper it will cost you to re-contract your new phone....which then determines how much more you need to top up or profit from this swap.

Last edited:

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moby $848, stock arriving after 5pm. Just reserved one unit with them.
I know this has been debated previously but is this a local warranty set? the reason why i ask is when i message lumia singapore whether they servcie teh 950XL and 950 they never reply at all. Seems its not released here officially?

145BHP

Reaction score
Moby $848, stock arriving after 5pm. Just reserved one unit with them.

Still waiting to hear from you on how your experience went? Did they suddenly impose a hundred conditions to fulfil before they pay you the trade in price in full for your telco re-contracted set?:s13:

145BHP

Reaction score
I know this has been debated previously but is this a local warranty set? the reason why i ask is when i message lumia singapore whether they servcie teh 950XL and 950 they never reply at all. Seems its not released here officially?

I wrote to Moby earlier and they replied that their set indeed comes with a local warranty by Microsoft.

Hope derrick could chip in later once he has completed his transaction at Moby.

derrick__

Reaction score
Still waiting to hear from you on how your experience went? Did they suddenly impose a hundred conditions to fulfil before they pay you the trade in price in full for your telco re-contracted set?:s13:

Haha i not trading in with them. My friend buying over the s7 edge which i bought from telco.

derrick__

Reaction score

Can forget asking Microsoft Singapore. They are like not in existence anymore. Their last fb posting was like Dec'15, still living in 2015.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.