Lumia 950XL & 950 - WP10 Flagship

145BHP

Reaction score
Can forget asking Microsoft Singapore. They are like not in existence anymore. Their last fb posting was like Dec'15, still living in 2015.

True, as 1a2a has highlighted earlier, Microsoft SG has let third party agents to support the handphone business here.

Dunno what kind of business model is that. Many in SG will be so wary of the warranty support and will surely give any Microsoft phone a miss. Aiyoh...how to increase market share with such a business model.

1a2a3a

Reaction score
I just got off the outlets from thehandphone shop and a contacts staff from Microsoft.

MS is aware of the sales but they are unwilling to comment further to me. Neither do they agree or disagree to the warranty. It is very very obvious that it is impending but yet made known official.

To confirm my suspicion, I went to 3Mobile (also under thehandphoneshop). Over there a bloody big poster showing "WINDOWS 10 is HERE" and the pricing at RRP for 950 and XL, the usual 898 and 998. However, when I asked them if they have stock now, the respond I gotten was alarmingly "no, sorry haven't released yet but soon".

Then I walk around and went into 'Thehandphoneshop" just round the corner. The phone is there! And they said yes warranty by MS.

Now it all makes sense.. I supposed?

3Mobile does not carry it yet since in MS point of view it is not officially launch yet and hence unwilling to comment more.

Though I'm puzzled by thehandphone shop carry it and since 3Mobile is under the former.

Something is missing, maybe communication. But I think it's safe to say that the warranty to be under MS should be in the pipeline and technically it should be official already, just that it is not made publicly official?

At the very same time, perhaps I will probably stick around awhile more and see if the telco decides to bundle with the phone itself. Afterall, whats a couple more weeks since we had been waiting for 1000000000000 years. :)

derrick__

Reaction score
Hey guys, i forgot to ask Mobyshop why there's no lumia 950....

As for the 1st impression of the phone, it feel very solid, not like what reviews have mentioned. Buttons abit sharp though.

It should be a local set in my opinion...

Box details

RM-1085 / LUMIA 950 XL
CV MY SG

I guess the SG means Singapore, and maybe MY means malaysia..

The phone is MADE IN VIETNAM and it says complies with IDA Standards DB01590, so can definitely be sure is a local set...

WP_20160314_21_27_05_Pro_zpsidhn3yde.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All in all, after all the hassle of buying S7 edge with starhub $100 voucher on a 4G4 plan and selling it to my friend for $940.. Effectively I paid $194 for the Lumia 950 XL on a 4G4 plan (bought at $835)....

Last edited:

jweak13

Reaction score
Bought at mobyshop. Local warranty. The warranty is by the local distributor. Or agent at ubi.

The phone is one of its kind. Like the camera. If you love android apps stay away from this phone. But basic phone feature is definitely better. There still some bug here and there but its not really affecting me. More for camera and normal calling and msging and surfing the web. The size for xl is another just nice. Keyboard very good imo. Not a gamer so cant comment much on the games

derrick__

Reaction score
Nillkin tempered glass arrived in a very professional packaging... However, the top and bottom left corner do not adhere properly in my case, most probably my screen may be abit more curve at the corner .... :(

Rickosw

Reaction score
Microsoft Band 2 ..... $174.99 .....where can I get it. From your photo is this in Singapore ?

in US now ( San Fan), went to ask the support staff some questions for my L950XL & Surface 3 ...
solved 90% of the problems

except my email - still got problems with the syn thingy ... cannot get new email - the support staff told me due to Developer Preview - next best option - wait for the next update - lan lan

i wont recommend Band 2 - if u ask me honestly, it is **** to the max - simple reason - price kept dropping non stop - if really so good , why they kept giving u discount ?

you can read all the tech reviews, all give very average reviews , or slightl above, nothing like super spectular per se

i know they have the most senors, etc - but there is something not quite right - i know it is good, but i feel still super Beta version -

i almost bought it - but i held back - i rather wait for Band 3 - that one is FULL WINDOWS 10 -

current Band 2 - is not Windows 10

i am relatively confident that by third edition - Fitness Band should be ready for Prime Time
- looking at Surface experience ( they need about 3 editions to get things right )

my 2 cents

Last edited:

androidmazon

Reaction score
Nillkin tempered glass arrived in a very professional packaging... However, the top and bottom left corner do not adhere properly in my case, most probably my screen may be abit more curve at the corner .... :(

I think there are two version of the nillkin tempered glass, you have to be sure it is the 0.2mm thinkness H+ pro version.

derrick__

Reaction score
I think there are two version of the nillkin tempered glass, you have to be sure it is the 0.2mm thinkness H+ pro version.

yeah yeah Amazing H+ Pro, 2.5D Arc Edge, 9H extreme Hardness, 0.2mm Extreme thin ...

WP_20160315_12_47_19_Pro_zps1pmlg5oc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WP_20160315_14_18_58_Pro_zps28yohe0j.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WP_20160315_14_21_59_Pro_zpskg7cxsjl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

derrick__

Reaction score

androidmazon

Reaction score
yeah yeah Amazing H+ Pro, 2.5D Arc Edge, 9H extreme Hardness, 0.2mm Extreme thin ...

whoa, your one is totally perfect...

Oh btw, will the glance screen burned into the screen is on for too long, i see all Samsung amoled have the burnt in screen on display in their shops ?

I've not had any burnt in issue with my L920, L1520 & L830, so I think it doesn't exist in the Lumia series. You scared of burnt in issue can change the display on setting shorter, default is 15 mins I think.

derrick__

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.