HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MS Surface Phone

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #16
Master Member

They have, it's called arrow launcher . U can download it on the google play store

Microsoft should do their own launcher....
technolust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:52 PM   #17
Master Member

Windows today demoed running g full windows 10 on a SD835.
Will a surface class mobile device be possible?

Microsoft shows off Windows 10 on ARM in action http://www.windowscentral.com/micros...-10-arm-action
Old 13-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #18

Windows today demoed running g full windows 10 on a SD835.
Will a surface class mobile device be possible?

Microsoft shows off Windows 10 on ARM in action http://www.windowscentral.com/micros...-10-arm-action

Think it is possible.

I think it would be a good if the eco system is there on the Windows store.

Many manufacturers have been toying with the idea of one device for mobile, work and play.
Starting from the Motorola Atrix to HP's Elite X3 devices. Even recently Samsung's S8 series has a phone to monitor dock (dEX) that transforms the phone into a pseudo all in one device

Unsure of what to get? Need help with Notebook issues? Join in the discussions at Notebook Clinic!

Keep up with the latest in mobile technology with Residential Phone Gurus over at Mobile Communication Technology!

Need Assistance? Fret not! Feel free to contact me via PM for Forum Related Issues or any Other Issues that may require immediate assistance and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Intrinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 05:48 PM   #19
Master Member

Think it is possible.

I think it would be a good if the eco system is there on the Windows store.

Many manufacturers have been toying with the idea of one device for mobile, work and play.
Starting from the Motorola Atrix to HP's Elite X3 devices. Even recently Samsung's S8 series has a phone to monitor dock (dEX) that transforms the phone into a pseudo all in one device
https://www.windowscentral.com/hp-le...-windows10-pcs/

With this does it mean the surface class mobile device is finally coming ?
MasterChief86 likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #20

https://www.windowscentral.com/hp-le...-windows10-pcs/

With this does it mean the surface class mobile device is finally coming ?

I guess. The bigger question for me would be, if they do go down the surface road, will there be budget phones? Or anything for those who might wanna try a windows phone as their secondary/side phone? Because if not, they'll be cutting down on their market share which is already around 2.5-3 percent.
MasterChief86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #21
Arch-Supremacy Member

I dunno leh. Surface phone may be interesting. But what's the incentives using a windows mobile?? Both android and iOS are already so mature with apps as well as their ecosystems. How is Microsoft going to persuade consumers into windows mobile??
kopi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:16 AM   #22
Master Member

Wah u are back bro. Simply said there is No reason to cum back unless they release phone running full w10. Or else really is pointless. Latest news is they have managed to demonstrate w10 running on 835 but just yesterday intel was threatening lawsuit as they claim it infringes on their patents ....
Bottom line, won't be so soon lah
Also, even if can run on mobile device, most desktop apps will look too small and too difficult I use on a mobile sized device

I dunno leh. Surface phone may be interesting. But what's the incentives using a windows mobile?? Both android and iOS are already so mature with apps as well as their ecosystems. How is Microsoft going to persuade consumers into windows mobile??
Old 10-06-2017, 02:04 PM   #23
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah u are back bro. Simply said there is No reason to cum back unless they release phone running full w10. Or else really is pointless. Latest news is they have managed to demonstrate w10 running on 835 but just yesterday intel was threatening lawsuit as they claim it infringes on their patents ....
Bottom line, won't be so soon lah
Also, even if can run on mobile device, most desktop apps will look too small and too difficult I use on a mobile sized device
I watched the demo video. Interesting to run x86 apps. Good for ARM computing. But phones? There is still 1 unanswered question: how do use x86 apps on mobile devices?? First of all, the apps are not even mobile friendly. You said it bro. Running mobile apps on desktops is easy but not the other way round.

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT
kopi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:18 AM   #24
Master Member

Hi guys, look at this link, guess Ms is exiting mobile Liao? http://pocketnow.com/2017/08/03/wind...ission-anymore
Old 04-08-2017, 05:51 PM   #25

I think this only goes back to phone manufacturers being able to install Full Win10, not a mobile or half-cocked version of it - taking advantage of the Universal Apps from the Store.

As the report says......"Our products include operating systems; cross-device productivity applications" and so long as their operating system can work on a phone then the idea is not, in itself. dead. There is an irony to be thought of for Nokia to be brave enough to fit a full Win10 onto a phone/phablet and be at the front of an idea instead of last to the party.
TheSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #26

When will they announce the damned ultimate mobile device.
Ibodnano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2017, 02:08 PM   #27
Master Member

When will they announce the damned ultimate mobile device.
Dude, I think its gone. Even if it comes and its a big IF, it will most likely b a full windows OS running on a mobile device. With Intel threatening to sue due to the recent demonstration of SD running full windows 10, I dont think this is gonna happen anytime soon.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.