Nokia Here Maps - S'pore map

Timbre70

Reaction score
I will be connecting to the car charger so it can last very long.

Phone heats up will not spoil the phone right?

Is it because Here maps need very big processing power so it heats up?

If you use a proper car charger (even with 1A type), it will charge up your device nicely. I stick to original Nokia CR17 charger, works beautifully!

I also place my phone at the air vent using air vent holder. Phone is as cool as cucumber with 1 hour of navigation.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you tried Here maps on Android when offline data, how long you too to log on location?
Most of the time within 1 minute, I get my GPS locked (when I was in Taiwan, my phone was in flight mode and I have the same results).

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Most of the time within 1 minute, I get my GPS locked (when I was in Taiwan, my phone was in flight mode and I have the same results).

Maybe my Samsung S4 phone got problem, 5 mins in offline mode still cannot get GPS locked at Sengkang area.

Got any tool/app to check if phone GPS is working fine?

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe my Samsung S4 phone got problem, 5 mins in offline mode still cannot get GPS locked at Sengkang area.

Got any tool/app to check if phone GPS is working fine?
Don't have leh. I tried on S4 also. You inside the building?

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Could be a phone problem. Try to download a GPS diagnostic app from Google Play.

Anyway since 2011, locking is faster due to GLONASS, the Russian GPS. That's why it's much faster these days compared to before 2010.

Also, for Smartphones, Cell-tower & Wifi provides approximate location even without AGPS. According to a job posting some time back, Microsoft is also off-loading some of GPS calculations to the Cloud for WP & Windows tablets.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
When I am using Here app offline (here menu>tick [use app offline]) and only turning on [location] (phone gps) button, does turning on phone [mobile data] button and [wifi] button helps here map app detect location faster and better?

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Why not try it yourself & time the "Time to First Lock". I'm not sure how GPS works on Android. Can't help you. Maybe other bros can comment.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I am using Here app offline (here menu>tick [use app offline]) and only turning on [location] (phone gps) button, does turning on phone [mobile data] button and [wifi] button helps here map app detect location faster and better?
I don't see much difference by turning on mobile data and cell phone.

In my entire Taiwan trip, most of the time I get locked within 1 minute when my phone is without mobile network and data.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I updated my Singapore map and it certainly dun look like the one shown in the WMPoweruser site. The building representation is there but the MRT line remains uncoloured.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I updated my Singapore map and it certainly dun look like the one shown in the WMPoweruser site. The building representation is there but the MRT line remains uncoloured.
Mine looks fine with the colored mrt line.

On Lumia 1520
b27ea16e-186e-4ae1-861a-b35f5d9d7597556020691.png

On my Note 4
f02f5643-a733-43e3-9303-7f55d0cabf651178592575.jpg

Sent from a galaxy far, far away using GAGT

Leha Salleh

Reaction score
Calling all Map Enthusiasts!

We are from HERE Expert Community Program, Singapore.

HERE is a Nokia Company, the leading map provider and its current coverage spans over 78 countries and territories on 6 continents where our map database is widely recognized and trusted in the digital mapping industry.
Our mission is to help people on the move explore their surroundings, regardless of the mode of which they travel, be it by private vehicle, on foot or public transportation. This mission is driven by core areas of focus including Content (location data), Social Location Services (Social Location Platform and Apps), and Local Commerce efforts which will complement hardware, software and services with “smart” social location data, powered by Nokia HERE maps around the world.

The HERE Expert Community Program is designed to recognize, award and promote mapping mastery on the HERE Map Creator Tool and HERE platform. This program is an annual award given out to outstanding members of the map communities based on their exceptional map making contributions made during the previous 12 months to HERE Map Expert Community using the HERE Map Creator tool. Once you received the invitation to join the program, you will be part of the program for the next 12 months unless you choose to drop off the program voluntarily or for some exceptional reasons have been asked to exit from the program due to violation of the Expert Community Program terms of use. During this time, awardees are free to refer to themselves as HERE MAPtamorphos and to enjoy all of the privileges that are included with the award. Participants join conversations in the respective HERE Map Expert Community Facebook, earn badges, move up the ranks, learn best practices and stand a chance to enter their name into the ‘Hall of Fame’ annually.

“Our strategy is to open up the HERE mapping platform to the world and democratize map-making. First, if people find mistakes on the map, or things that need to be updated, then they can do something about it – report a map problem or edit the map directly via our HERE Map Creator tool. Thus map can be more accurate and fresher for all.” Reno Marioni, Director for Map Creator and community mapping.

We are currently looking to set up a community/group where the volunteers can share and update new happenings in Singapore via a website to enhance our location content in Singapore and we hope to touch base with your company to explore a volunteer opportunity together. The update of the HERE digital map will benefit our users as it will enable local citizens and tourists to navigate through the country with ease, selecting and arriving at desired locations accurately.

Do sign up at here.com/mapcreator and start mapping today! You’ll quickly earn new ranks and collect interesting badges along the way. Keep participating and mapping and once you have reached a certain quality bar we’ve set for all MAPtamorphos (the prestige tile for all Map Elites), you’ll be inducted at each bi-yearly award cycle into the Expert Community Program where you enjoyed all the benefits of being part of the mapping elites.
Join us on FB - HERE Expert Community Program Singapore receive HERE merchandise while it last!

Thank you for your kind attention and I look forward to your reply and collaboration.

Leha Salleh

Reaction score
Calling all Map Enthusiasts!

We are from HERE Expert Community Program, Singapore.

HERE is a Nokia Company, the leading map provider and its current coverage spans over 78 countries and territories on 6 continents where our map database is widely recognized and trusted in the digital mapping industry.
Our mission is to help people on the move explore their surroundings, regardless of the mode of which they travel, be it by private vehicle, on foot or public transportation. This mission is driven by core areas of focus including Content (location data), Social Location Services (Social Location Platform and Apps), and Local Commerce efforts which will complement hardware, software and services with “smart” social location data, powered by Nokia HERE maps around the world.

The HERE Expert Community Program is designed to recognize, award and promote mapping mastery on the HERE Map Creator Tool and HERE platform. This program is an annual award given out to outstanding members of the map communities based on their exceptional map making contributions made during the previous 12 months to HERE Map Expert Community using the HERE Map Creator tool. Once you received the invitation to join the program, you will be part of the program for the next 12 months unless you choose to drop off the program voluntarily or for some exceptional reasons have been asked to exit from the program due to violation of the Expert Community Program terms of use. During this time, awardees are free to refer to themselves as HERE MAPtamorphos and to enjoy all of the privileges that are included with the award. Participants join conversations in the respective HERE Map Expert Community Facebook, earn badges, move up the ranks, learn best practices and stand a chance to enter their name into the ‘Hall of Fame’ annually.

“Our strategy is to open up the HERE mapping platform to the world and democratize map-making. First, if people find mistakes on the map, or things that need to be updated, then they can do something about it – report a map problem or edit the map directly via our HERE Map Creator tool. Thus map can be more accurate and fresher for all.” Reno Marioni, Director for Map Creator and community mapping.

We are currently looking to set up a community/group where the volunteers can share and update new happenings in Singapore via a website to enhance our location content in Singapore and we hope to touch base with your company to explore a volunteer opportunity together. The update of the HERE digital map will benefit our users as it will enable local citizens and tourists to navigate through the country with ease, selecting and arriving at desired locations accurately.

Do sign up at here.com/mapcreator and start mapping today! You’ll quickly earn new ranks and collect interesting badges along the way. Keep participating and mapping and once you have reached a certain quality bar we’ve set for all MAPtamorphos (the prestige tile for all Map Elites), you’ll be inducted at each bi-yearly award cycle into the Expert Community Program where you enjoyed all the benefits of being part of the mapping elites.
Join us on FB - HERE Expert Community Program Singapore receive HERE merchandise while it last!

Thank you for your kind attention and I look forward to your reply and collaboration.

HL

Reaction score
What does the traffic layer do? It never shows the traffic congestion on the road unlike my gMaps Pro.

Edit: Just saw the traffic lines, only shows for expressways it seems. Guess I still need my gMaps Pro for the smaller streets.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.