Nokia Lumia 1520

mimisg

Reaction score
grr still no preorder news from telco, the phone is out next sat! They only released preorders for the new LG phone...wonder wats the hold up :S

adix_82

Banned
Reaction score
I get to touch the yellow 1520 today. Pasted a screen guard over it. It's curve screen again.

Kudos to Nokia for making a big device which is lighter than the z ultra. It's slimmer too.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You! ******************
LOL

Oops. Don't worry too much about the screens. I think Nokia premium range of device, the screen is never a concern with their ClearBlack technology. I mean, I have used Lumia 800 (Pentile AMOLED)/900 (AMOLED) /920 (IPS), I still prefer the natural colours I get on my current 920 vs deep blacks.

And anyway, IPS panels these days, can give you pretty decent blacks as well.

Lol but I think demo sets would be available even before we can see the phone . If you get what I mean

Yea, I get you bro. :D

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
Just got one at KL for 1999 RM :)
Around 750 SGD, no free gift. However, warranty does apply for Singapore too. (That's what I'm told by the staff, but I cant confirm it)

i40f.jpg

gamer_teo

Reaction score
Around 750 SGD, no free gift. However, warranty does apply for Singapore too. (That's what I'm told by the staff, but I cant confirm it)

i40f.jpg

if confirm got Singapore warranty I'll wack one from JB liao. But actually I really doubt so leh....

echoblue

Reaction score
How deep is the black of the screen, is it comparable to 920 or better?

Low Yat Plaza, Level 3 (Floor G).
There's 2 Nokia retail store there, I got from the bigger one which displays the Microsoft Surface RT/Pro too.

Last edited:

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
How deep is the black of the screen, is it comparable to 920 or better?

Definitely a lot deeper than the 920. I can see that the screen is very close to the glass as compared to a little gap on 920.

This is the best screen I have ever seen btw.. Not even the iPhone 5S can beat it.
I wish it wasn't AMOLED, but Nokia really got me this time :) its as good as the IPS LCD i like. Sometimes i even mistaken this as an IPS LCD screen.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i40f.jpg
Thanks bro for getting my Christmas present ready so early. :D

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely a lot deeper than the 920. I can see that the screen is very close to the glass as compared to a little gap on 920.

This is the best screen I have ever seen btw.. Not even the iPhone 5S can beat it.
I wish it wasn't AMOLED, but Nokia really got me this time :) its as good as the IPS LCD i like. Sometimes i even mistaken this as an IPS LCD screen.
Thought the 1520 is an IPS screen instead of AMOLED?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.