Nokia Lumia 1520

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Bluemoth

Reaction score
Yup after using Windowsphone since the Lumia 800, 900,920,925 & 1520. Not forgetting converting quite a few of my friends from Android to Windowsphone, with heavy heart I picked up a Sony Xperia Z5 Premium due to battery and camera as compared to my 1520.

The final straw is waiting for a local 950Xl set Wait is too long till one day I dropped my 1520 and cracked the screen. Bought a 2nd Hand 930 with faulty camera button previous owner didn't inform and I forgot to check) but MS Service centre say I needed to pay $250 to replace the camera button. Forget it, Im sorry Im a big supporter of Nokia. But Ive had enough plus can't find new Lumia's here. Gave up and despite the initial sufferings of learning a new OS, I began to really enjoy it. Sony Xperia Z5 Premium. Better camera, Better Screen, faster and so far better battery life. Cheers and hopefully will be back once they've ironed out all the issues and if MS want to be in the phone business.

Most imp for me is to have a phone that just works. Im a heavy user of it at work. Too many bugs.

Last edited:

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup after using Windowsphone since the Lumia 800, 900,920,925 & 1520. Not forgetting converting quite a few of my friends from Android to Windowsphone, with heavy heart I picked up a Sony Xperia Z5 Premium due to battery and camera as compared to my 1520.

The final straw is waiting for a local 950Xl set Wait is too long till one day I dropped my 1520 and cracked the screen. Bought a 2nd Hand 930 with faulty camera button previous owner didn't inform and I forgot to check) but MS Service centre say I needed to pay $250 to replace the camera button. Forget it, Im sorry Im a big supporter of Nokia. But Ive had enough plus can't find new Lumia's here. Gave up and despite the initial sufferings of learning a new OS, I began to really enjoy it. Sony Xperia Z5 Premium. Better camera, Better Screen, faster and so far better battery life. Cheers and hopefully will be back once they've ironed out all the issues and if MS want to be in the phone business.

Most imp for me is to have a phone that just works. Im a heavy user of it at work. Too many bugs.

We feel u bro. We are paying customers, we shouldn't be the ones made to compromise to the manufacturers. Enjoy the quality and large variety of android apps :)

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Damn annoying. This TripAdvisor app keeps auto installing on my phone...

I uninstall liao next day appear again :s8:

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think lots of us here have identical situations with windows phone. Somehow, something is just not right with the platform. Apps is the most obvious issue although some of the fans keep denying it saying that they don't need every app under the sun. I already feel the pinch since Starhub stated they have no plans for making a window phones version of My Starhub app.

Anyways, after spending my cash on 5 windows phones - 820, 925, 1020, 1520 and 640 XL, enough is enough. And now, MS SG is selling 950 with a hefty pricing of $998!! Are they mad??? I really don't see what worth with that crazy pricing.

Last edited:

pandazilla

Reaction score
Anyways, after spending my cash on 5 windows phones - 820, 925, 1020, 1520 and 640 XL, enough is enough. And now, MS SG is selling 950 with a hefty pricing of $998!! Are they mad??? I really don't see what worth with that crazy pricing.

crazy, it used to be that Lumia are value for money, not now. and took them so long to bring 950 here. The lack of common apps is finally hitting me, didn't thought it would. See Grabtaxi. Yes we have Uber, but i like more choices. Esp if company only let you claim from real taxi. Looking at android next

lucas324

Master Member
Reaction score
2 years ago I was using my 920, 1 week after I got it... I cracked it when I'm getting of the car when I'm super shagged....
1year later I managed to win a 1520 at a competition... Just recently... I cracked the screen in the toilet...
So lost.... Any ideas whether I should upgrade or should I get a repair? If repair where to? Got a quote from gwmobile. They said 160. And I'm also going into NS.. So is this worth while?

alvintjf

Reaction score
Need help...

Wanted to use back my Lumia 1520, may i know where can i change the battery?

Nokia shop closed more then 1 year... no idea where can repair it.

marketswatchdog

Reaction score
Need help...

Wanted to use back my Lumia 1520, may i know where can i change the battery?

Nokia shop closed more then 1 year... no idea where can repair it.
Hi!
Microsoft Authorised Device Care

Address
12 Kallang Avenue, Aperia,
#03-23, Singapore 339511

Hotline
6822 8888

Operating Hours
Operating Hours: 10am – 7pm (Mon - Sat)

alvintjf

Reaction score
thank for reply...

already sent in repair... can collect on tomorrow :D

Use back Nokia soon...

Last edited:

intime

Reaction score
Anyone know of any selfie sticks that are usable with 950 XL ?
How does selfie sticks work on 950 XL?

echoblue

Reaction score
Does an OTG work on a 1520 updated to windows10 mobile ? If not, any news if its possible in the near future?

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, OTG only works on phones that can connect to the Display Dock like Lumia 950+XL and also need Windows 10 mobile.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.