Nokia Lumia 920!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimlwk

Reaction score
Still no info on price and availability. Waste my time. Lost some slp. *flip some tables*

Continue waiting.. *Ok...*meme

phazer89

Reaction score
I have a lot of FB friends but less than 10% are on Instagram. I'm sorry but I don't get what's the big deal about Instagram & thus, I can't be bothered about it. What's its biggest advantage over taking a photo on a DSLR & posting on Flickr or FB?

My wife, who's been using the 3GS for the longest time also didn't bother to sign up to Instagram but she's taking photos like mad on the Lumia 800 & sharing on FB, sometimes applying minimum filter. Her favourite is actually to make collages.

In USA, it may be a big deal but in Singapore, I really don't see that great a penetration for Instagram. I see Instagram more as a fad that'll fade over.

Maybe if people were using better cameras on phones they would prefer to upload in full resolution. :s13:

Never bothered with Instagram myself either, but then again I don't really take pictures anyway. :/

melvintwj

Reaction score
I have a lot of FB friends but less than 10% are on Instagram. I'm sorry but I don't get what's the big deal about Instagram & thus, I can't be bothered about it. What's its biggest advantage over taking a photo on a DSLR & posting on Flickr or FB?

My wife, who's been using the 3GS for the longest time also didn't bother to sign up to Instagram but she's taking photos like mad on the Lumia 800 & sharing on FB, sometimes applying minimum filter. Her favourite is actually to make collages.

In USA, it may be a big deal but in Singapore, I really don't see that great a penetration for Instagram. I see Instagram more as a fad that'll fade over.

Instagram is not just about sharing photos, but you also have you think of the social network that's embedded into its system. And it is also certainly quite a big deal, always stuck on the top 50 (I think) apps on iOS.

Funny thing is I don't bother to use Facebook nowadays although it's pretty popular among people.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys my biggest buying point! does it have offline maps and navigation?

bedlamite

Reaction score
Instagram is not just about sharing photos, but you also have you think of the social network that's embedded into its system. And it is also certainly quite a big deal, always stuck on the top 50 (I think) apps on iOS.

Funny thing is I don't bother to use Facebook nowadays although it's pretty popular among people.
ding ding ding

This has been said a million times, it's not about what you use, it's about what potential WP users are currently using on their platform. If WP doesn't have app parity, people are not going to move. It doesn't matter how awesome and world-changing WP8 is, if Whatsapp is unusable, I can't talk to my friends. If Instagram isn't there, I can't post pix of my lunch(lol) nor can I browse through what my friends are posting. What the hell use is this WP8 then if I can't do the stuff I loved to do on my old phone?

No doubt this all seems terribly inconsequential to you, but this is what people do on their phone. The vast majority of people are not going to compromise and forego using a popular app just so they can use WP8.

Last edited:

phazer89

Reaction score

Nokia Drive provides offline turn by turn navigation, Nokia Maps provides full offline maps for searching and stuff. IIRC Nokia Maps will be available on all WP8 devices (dunno if the offline functionality will be too), Drive is Nokia exclusive. Either way, if you get a Nokia phone you can't go wrong. :s13:

enigmastar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
“Espoo, Finland - Nokia today announced that the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Nokia Lumia 820 will reach the first operators and retail outlets in select countries this week. Both phones will appear in stores in France and the UK this week, then Russia, Germany and further select markets throughout the rest of November”*

*”During November, the Nokia Lumia 920 will reach Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the UK, the US and Vietnam.”

Singapore is not part of the list for November launch, even vietnam get first before us. Today is the launch date for canada.

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
Been wanting to ask about gaming on the 920. How does that work? if I have an Xbox 360, would all or most of the Xbox Live Arcade games I already bought be also available on my WP8?

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
“Espoo, Finland - Nokia today announced that the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Nokia Lumia 820 will reach the first operators and retail outlets in select countries this week. Both phones will appear in stores in France and the UK this week, then Russia, Germany and further select markets throughout the rest of November”*

*”During November, the Nokia Lumia 920 will reach Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the UK, the US and Vietnam.”

Singapore is not part of the list for November launch, even vietnam get first before us. Today is the launch date for canada.

Now this is just ridiculous. :s22:

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It has offline navigation through Nokia Drive - using it now, quite handy but some newer places, can't find on the map.

Offline map I heard will come as well through Nokia Maps. Just unsure when.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nokia Drive provides offline turn by turn navigation, Nokia Maps provides full offline maps for searching and stuff. IIRC Nokia Maps will be available on all WP8 devices (dunno if the offline functionality will be too), Drive is Nokia exclusive. Either way, if you get a Nokia phone you can't go wrong. :s13:

Eh, Nokia Maps can offline cannot work right? It needs to load the map data from somewhere on the cloud. Or am i missing something?

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Where is Singapore? Tsk, longer wait for our bros/sis here Liao.

phazer89

Reaction score
Eh, Nokia Maps can offline cannot work right? It needs to load the map data from somewhere on the cloud. Or am i missing something?

Works offline on WP8, you can download maps like with Drive. Maybe WP7 too if they can include the feature in an update.

Been wanting to ask about gaming on the 920. How does that work? if I have an Xbox 360, would all or most of the Xbox Live Arcade games I already bought be also available on my WP8?

The short answer is no. Some games will be multi-platform (XBLA, Win 8, WP8) with game progress carried over across all versions but in all likelihood you'll still have to buy the different versions. Might be a different story if they merge all the stores in the future, but for now that'll be the case. In any case, not all games are multi-platform so that's up to the developers.

mafia6

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Nokia maps confirm can download offline and use for later. Been using it in Europe, Thailand and Malaysia. Beats all my friend's google maps or paid tomtoms/garmin.

Nokia N8 and L800

Last edited:

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Time to move on already. SG not seen as attractive ever since so many sinkies ditched them for fruit phone so they know come in here sales won't be strong also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.