Nokia Lumia 920! - Part 2

bryansng

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I got this error on some of the apps,

I Installed the app called Meye and it was working for a while until recently, the apps died on me. I tried on 920 and my mum 625 and both will load for a while and return to the start screen.

I restarted many times and did a hard reset and restore but nothing happening. Any wise advise to do???

the app has not been updated for a long time...

bryansng

Reaction score
I had it since it was made available. I am experiencing a slight drop in battery life for about a week or two and now it's back to normal. And by normal, I mean it is able to last me a day (12 hours) on moderate usage.

Screen rotation lock is a nice feature to have. Also digging the ability to close apps from the multasking pane. And that is pretty much about it for me.

Pity it doesn't support the 3 columns live tiles though, that would have been a nice addition.

gdr3 was installed longer then what i thought

expositox

Reaction score
On GDR3, have you guys encountered a bug where some apps won't open? You can click on a tile, there is the animation of the tile being pressed, but when you release nothing happens. Encountered it twice. Only messaging and phone app can be opened.
uploading a vid now...

andylyf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On GDR3, have you guys encountered a bug where some apps won't open? You can click on a tile, there is the animation of the tile being pressed, but when you release nothing happens. Encountered it twice. Only messaging and phone app can be opened.
uploading a vid now...

I only experience that during wp7.5 age. That was when I installed firmware and did not install all necessary language packs..

expositox

Reaction score
Bug - YouTube

here...
don't think there's anything wrong with my language packs..
btw I'm on high contrast mode, it's my favorite 'theme' ;)

Last edited:

Hakaima

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my 920 tends to heat up very quickly after a few minutes of surfing. :/

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my 920 tends to heat up very quickly after a few minutes of surfing. :/
Send back for service.

Mine was like that too previously. Couldn't take it (cos mine also caused the screen to flicker), I sent it back. Now the phone is much cooler after they did some repair (I think they rework something).

guy007

Reaction score
Dear all, I have released new app version of MY SG Holidays. From this app you will be able to get 2014 national, state & school holidays for Malaysia & Singapore.

App can be downloaded from the following link : goo.gl/EFomfl

Appreciate your feedback / suggestions if any.

andylyf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all, I have released new app version of MY SG Holidays. From this app you will be able to get 2014 national, state & school holidays for Malaysia & Singapore.

App can be downloaded from the following link : goo.gl/EFomfl

Appreciate your feedback / suggestions if any.

for this sort of things, isn't it simpler to just dload the ics file, then integrate into your calendar? and also no need for extra notification and background tasks... :s11::s11::s22::s22::s22:

expositox

Reaction score
Huat ah... Just sold my 920, only lasted me... 2 months 11 days. Considering what to get next... Screw the lousy resale value :( bought at ard 400 sold at ard 200.

andylyf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huat ah... Just sold my 920, only lasted me... 2 months 11 days. Considering what to get next... Screw the lousy resale value :( bought at ard 400 sold at ard 200.

$200??!??!?? Y u never sell me?

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Aww... Well, Nokia is not exactly the choice for resale value these days. But ok lah, the resale value is compensated by the user experience. :)

We await your return to the WP eco system.

melvintwj

Reaction score
Definitely seeing more Lumias around.. :) Even one of the Android fanboy in my previous school has gotten a 925 and he's loving it.

bryansng

Reaction score
GREAT NEWS to snapchat and instagram users the unofficial snapchat app is released alr and the official instagram app is finally here in beta mode :) the vine app has also been released but only thing is it is only available for the US store.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.