Nokia Lumia 925

s3al10n

Reaction score
lot of people didnt switch to lumia 920 because of its weight and size..so they focussed on that aspect and offered the option of different aesthetics and slimmer design... 920 was just too big in contrast to S3/S4.

920 itself is good and still capturing market share and sales havent reached maturity stage yet that they unnecessarily launch a very new and different flagship and damage the sales of 920.

925 is just to give a push to lumia platform in the market and say that they are alive and making great phones and now they are lighter and slimmer.

BMW implements this marketing strategy too and gives same series a 'Facelift' with new software for the iDrive and more sleek design....also called "Life Cycle Impulse (LCI)"

the idea is to revive the product life cycle which hasnt reached the decline stage yet.

BMW is a great example of 'evolutionary' vs 'revolutionary', but the benchmark of this design strategy is and always has been Mercedes Benz.

shank86

Reaction score
i think it would be right to say that the 925/928 are only variants of the 920; not the next generation of Lumia. So perhaps its targeted at users who somehow didn't buy the 920, due to some reasons such as weight, dimensions, color, contract-tied etc. (not saying that these were/are problems with 920, but rather might have been the preferential reasons on why some did not adopt the 920).

of course, there is rumors surrounding that the next Gen Lumia would be announced in late August, where we should be seeing the next generation of the 9XX series.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think it would be right to say that the 925/928 are only variants of the 920; not the next generation of Lumia. So perhaps its targeted at users who somehow didn't buy the 920, due to some reasons such as weight, dimensions, color, contract-tied etc. (not saying that these were/are problems with 920, but rather might have been the preferential reasons on why some did not adopt the 920).

of course, there is rumors surrounding that the next Gen Lumia would be announced in late August, where we should be seeing the next generation of the 9XX series.
If that is the case, the 925 will be a very short lived model.

My take is, it is more like a 820 replacement than a 920 replacement though.

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
this looks nice but why all lumia no FM tuner and 16gb so little
FM tuner coming in GDR2 update, so expect it to come together with the 925.
Since the GDR2 update is supposed to fix the Gmail calendar/contact sync issues (due expiry end of June).

shank86

Reaction score
If that is the case, the 925 will be a very short lived model.

My take is, it is more like a 820 replacement than a 920 replacement though.

perhaps so. Like how the previous iteration of iPhone always co-exist in the market space with the newer model.

A cost-benefit option for people who would prefer a 'flagship' model but do not have enough money to plunge down on the latest model. Its quite a common stop gap strategy in the market.

In terms of production, it might reduce the strain/availability on the required BoM for the newer model since the stop gap model uses parts that are different (AMOLED, Aluminium/Polycarbonate, etc).

Johnny5

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nokia probably use a different subcon manufacturer in China/Taiwan to produce the 925 as compared with the 920.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not bored yet?? Most of my friends that played heavily few months ago, dump the games already..
Erm, I have been playing much much lesser these days.

Grown tired of it, and too busy from work.

I rather spent quality time on the MRT train taking a short nap while listening to Nokia Music. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.