What good apps for my lumia?

Rickosw

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1BUraGi8l8

just played around with the four updated BING APPS

not too bad, just one complain, LIVE TILES, ( I know it is Windows constraints), but if can have more regular updates (ie 10 mins, would be great), esp News,

Bing Weather is nice, but personally I like Amazing Weather HD more ....

all in all, I have download all four, doesn't mean that I will use them on a daily basis, but I hope Windows/Bing will continue to improve and Update these apps

Cheers!

Last edited:

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know if there are any good traffic cams app for Windows Phone?? Thanks!

:s12:

Rickosw

Reaction score
Self-Center App (Make your friends / colleagues jealous of you) is here

Instaweatherpro now in the Windows Phone Store | WMPoweruser

The well known cross-platform weather app Instaweather Pro is now in the Windows Phone Store.

The app is the #1 Weather app in USA, Japan, China, UK, Brazil and 100 countries, and works by adding a smart weather overlay to your photos to share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or send with email or SMS, specifically designed to make your desk-bound friends jealous while you enjoy being out and about.

jbulHYUa1okUgD.png

========================================
alternatively, if you cheapo and dun wana pay, you can use this
which I personally feel is very good as well, very stable & can add directly to FB. :)

Ciel | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

jRIQAS5Mn0pLK.png

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
OK, so some of these stuff like Samsung Folder dun need GDR2 right? Only Smart/Pro Cam need? Or those also need Amber?

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
OK, so some of these stuff like Samsung Folder dun need GDR2 right? Only Smart/Pro Cam need? Or those also need Amber?

Yes only Smart/Pro cam need Amber. My 520 came with it :s13:

Just add one of the following under OnBeforeRequest for FiddlerScript
Code:
        // Lumia 925: RM-892_apac_sea_211
        // Lumia 920: RM-821_eu_france_267
        //http://marketplaceedgeservice.windowsphone.com/v8/catalog/apps/c6e61a9d-34d8-4e9c-b14a-c6e7abec02c4?os=8.0.10327.0&cc=US&oc=&lang=en-US&hw=520170499&dm=RM-877_nam_att_205&oemId=NOKIA&moId=sin-sg&cf=99-1
        if(oSession.uriContains("RM-892_apac_sea_211"))
        {
            oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("RM-892_apac_sea_211","RM-877_nam_att_205"); 
        }
        if(oSession.uriContains("RM-821_eu_france_267"))
        {
            oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("RM-821_eu_france_267","RM-877_nam_att_205"); 
        }
        if(oSession.uriContains("oemId=NOKIA"))
        {
            oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("oemId=NOKIA","oemId=SAMSUNG"); 
        }

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score

Only Smart/Pro cam requires Amber :) Samsung App folder can be installed on any WP8 device..
Just nice that my 520 came with Amber on board...

On FiddlerScript, simply add the following under OnBeforeRequest method depending on your usage
Code:
        // Lumia 925: RM-892_apac_sea_211
        // Lumia 920: RM-821_eu_france_267
        // Lumia 1020 ATT: 877_nam_att_205

//Sample URI: http://marketplaceedgeservice.windowsphone.com/v8/catalog/apps/c6e61a9d-34d8-4e9c-b14a-c6e7abec02c4?os=8.0.10327.0&cc=US&oc=&lang=en-US&hw=520170499&dm=RM-877_nam_att_205&oemId=NOKIA&moId=sin-sg&cf=99-1

if(oSession.uriContains("RM-892_apac_sea_211"))
        {
            oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("RM-892_apac_sea_211","RM-877_nam_att_205"); 
        }
        if(oSession.uriContains("RM-821_eu_france_267"))
        {
            oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("RM-821_eu_france_267","RM-877_nam_att_205"); 
        }
        if(oSession.uriContains("oemId=NOKIA"))
        {
            oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("oemId=NOKIA","oemId=SAMSUNG"); 
        }

Last edited:

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. To masquerade as a Samsung device, what's the part number for ATIV S or something?

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, a question regarding updating of apps on WP8. Is there anyway I can see what are the apps available for update, or do I need to wait for the windows store app to inform me? Sometimes I feel that the windows store app is not doing its job well even though there are updates available.

Thanks!

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, a question regarding updating of apps on WP8. Is there anyway I can see what are the apps available for update, or do I need to wait for the windows store app to inform me? Sometimes I feel that the windows store app is not doing its job well even though there are updates available.

Thanks!

you have visit the app in the marketplace individually to see if got update.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
I got more than 120 apps also. Every day around 1200 my Store gets updated. Sometimes, I read in Weave apps got update so I update manually.

Rickosw

Reaction score
Hi Friends

Jus wondering is there a way to check / see what time our WP check for daily updates? or can change the time ???

my used to be at ard 12 midnight, then I went overseas, use a foreign sim card for a while, then came back, the daily updates checking become quite random,
ie can be night or afternoon liao...

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who are used to using google maps, I think this app is handling google maps pretty well.

Google Maps+

I find that it is better than the gMaps. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.