Whatsapp isn't working anymore!

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does not happen all the time. I experience this issue twice so far after the update.

I also see the "Connectivity Error" message coming back once so far.

Keeping fingers crossed to monitor it for a few more days.

I see. Ya, not everyone facing the issue. But somehow, I still feel that the instability issue is still occurring even with this version. Not sure if it is due to server backend or the app though.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure about WP8 but on WP8.1 WA always crash. Tombstoning doesn't work on my Lumia 1020.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure about WP8 but on WP8.1 WA always crash. Tombstoning doesn't work on my Lumia 1020.
Don't have the issue of crashing on my L920 with the latest Whatsapp version though.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
It has something to do with the 2GB RAM on the Lumia 1020. Had exact same issue last time with WP8.0 GDR3. It was only solved after Nokia Black. So I'm looking forward to Cyan.

HL

Reaction score
I find the current version heats up my phone faster and drains the battery faster as well. Kinda regret updating.

These 2 days also getting the connectivity error message if I use the back button to exit the app.

dwenz76

Reaction score
I find the current version heats up my phone faster and drains the battery faster as well. Kinda regret updating.

These 2 days also getting the connectivity error message if I use the back button to exit the app.
Do you mean after today update? WA push for another update today.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yea, I see the Connectivity Error issue too. Battery drain wise, haven't observed yet. But the phone noticeably gets a little warm with just a few message exchanges and stays warm for a while more after the completion of the message exchanges.

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the media history for single person conversation is gone ! . Only available in group convo

HL

Reaction score
Yea, I see the Connectivity Error issue too. Battery drain wise, haven't observed yet. But the phone noticeably gets a little warm with just a few message exchanges and stays warm for a while more after the completion of the message exchanges.

Exactly! I posted before the latest update (2.11.504.0) so it seems these symptoms are still there..sigh..but my phone gets quite warm (not just a little) with a few messages, and when its warm it drains the battery. Wonder what the heck its doing in the background (even after disabling it in the background tasks).

Last edited:

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exactly! I posted before the latest update (2.11.504.0) so it seems these symptoms are still there..sigh..but my phone gets quite warm (not just a little) with a few messages, and when its warm it drains the battery. Wonder what the heck its doing in the background (even after disabling it in the background tasks).
Yes, it is the same case on my L920. When I try to restart the phone to cool down the phone, my battery takes an instant dip of 10%.

Only noticed this issue after the last round of WhatsApp update.

lilrex21

Reaction score
My battery background drain has increased recently from 0.7% to 2.0% I do suspect that it's related to whatsapp update. That's the only thing I can think of now that I changed recently.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My battery background drain has increased recently from 0.7% to 2.0% I do suspect that it's related to whatsapp update. That's the only thing I can think of now that I changed recently.
Same for mine. My L920 background drain is now 4% instead of the typical 1.5-2% before the last 2 updates.

The battery drain is also very noticeable with a few Whatsapp messages exchange.

schmeichel

Reaction score
After reading the posts here, it explains why my 1020 has been feeling warm and its battery drains rapidly, even when I've closed all the apps. Looks like it's due to whatsapp running in the background..

greythorne

Reaction score
After reading the posts here, it explains why my 1020 has been feeling warm and its battery drains rapidly, even when I've closed all the apps. Looks like it's due to whatsapp running in the background..

Are you able to prevent it from running in the background? But I think you will not receive updates until you open the app manually.

schmeichel

Reaction score
Yep, I've disabled it. Still can receive messages. The drain is poor - phone was fully charged at 5.30am and flat by 1pm with about 20 mins of surfing and handful of SMS and Whatsapp, nothing else, and phone was warm throughout.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.