Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview coming first part of April, tweets Joe Belfiore

xboxer

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah lan eh, just release this officially already. I can't stand not being able to install apps on SD cards. :mad: :mad:

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
No, imagine the backlash Microsoft will get if they release Beta software like this WP8.1DP. The average person will stone the service center with their phone.

As it is, there're already complains about so many issues from developers & enthusiasts who understand the situation & still rants about it. The average person do not care if it's beta or RTM.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
The new update seems to improve idling battery. I'm now able to get 1-2%/hour compared to before the update.

The performance of the file system is still not as good as WP8.0/Nokia Black but I believe by the time Cyan comes out, the final problems can be ironed out. :)

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This Cyan update better come fast. My L1020 slow like hell when opening apps... Keep seeing resuming and loading when opening apps. Some time after the loading/resuming message, the app crash and return to start tiles. At times, even returning to start tiles will show resuming... Also recently when i receive sms, I wasn't notified at all till i enter the sms app... highly irritating...

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Well, we'll probably get it in August. Unless you want to be guinea pig again & beta test WP8.1 Update 1 which is out for MS partners to test.

Rickosw

Reaction score
This Cyan update better come fast. My L1020 slow like hell when opening apps... Keep seeing resuming and loading when opening apps. Some time after the loading/resuming message, the app crash and return to start tiles. At times, even returning to start tiles will show resuming... Also recently when i receive sms, I wasn't notified at all till i enter the sms app... highly irritating...

reported in 1020 forumn, i confirm this is true ....

xtrememanix

Master Member
Reaction score
What we heard is that it should come late July . But depend on device also . Probably the high end devices will get it first .
Well, we'll probably get it in August. Unless you want to be guinea pig again & beta test WP8.1 Update 1 which is out for MS partners to test.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
I think 1520 1020 1320 92x then the rest over next few months.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Knowing how slow Singapore Telco tests these devices, I expect to get updates for my 1020 in 4-6 weeks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.