HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Redmi 5 Series & Xiaomi Ecosystem Experiential Event

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2018, 03:41 PM   #1

Redmi 5 Series & Xiaomi Ecosystem Experiential Event

Upcoming mega-event to intro Redmi 5 & Redmi 5 Plus, and many more products, including Xiaomi ecosystem products, e.g. Mijia e-scooter, rice cooker, 360 camera, etc.

More details and registration at link below.
http://c.mi.com/thread-777590-1-0.html

Date: 25 February 2018 (Sunday)
Time: 2 - 6pm
Location: Funan Showsuite [details on how to get there at link below, bottom of webpage]
http://www.funan.com.sg/_static/fn/showsuite.html
8-lane likes this.
Old 15-02-2018, 07:39 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Redmi 5 series finally landing in sg!
Old 15-02-2018, 08:50 PM   #3

Redmi 5 series finally landing in sg!
Yes, Redmi 5 & Redmi 5 Plus, and many more Xiaomi ecosystem products, 5 stations to try.

Registration filling up fast
8-lane likes this.
caterham7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

but am still waiting for note 5 in
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 12:12 AM   #5

but am still waiting for note 5 in
You mean rmn5 or rmn5pro?

Cos rmn5 in india is rm5plus locally
Old 16-02-2018, 07:49 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

You mean rmn5 or rmn5pro?

Cos rmn5 in india is rm5plus locally
The pro verison lol
Old 16-02-2018, 08:54 AM   #7
High Supremacy Member

By the time they release i already buy from export set... stupid xiaomi what experimental event... just bring in the product fast and furious.. too bad they are tortoise in this matter... just order export xiaomi 5 plus 64gb at $220..that is way below rrp..
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 01:37 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

By the time they release i already buy from export set... stupid xiaomi what experimental event... just bring in the product fast and furious.. too bad they are tortoise in this matter... just order export xiaomi 5 plus 64gb at $220..that is way below rrp..
Saw comlor @ qoo10 sell export sealed xiaomi 5+ 64gb at 308 before shipping. You got at 220+...
Road test liao yet?
wherehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #9

perception & reality often differs; time lag between china availability and local availability has been reducing

personally feel we should commend those distributors for organising experiential [not experimental lah ] events so that people can do proper hand-on, without being restricted by those tethering cables at telco shops.

not sure if you noticed, ECS [1 of the xiaomi distributors] recently even started to sell export products [e.g. 45w type-c charger] due to local demand

sure, pls continue to buy export set if u are comfortable with china rom with no google play, or hacked rom. But do note some of those hacked rom are either buggy or have spyware inside.

and just to clarify, nothing wrong with buying export set, i bought export set xiaomi notebook, cos it was not sold officially locally, but had to go through a roundabout way to get windows to appear in english. if a specific xiaomi product is available locally, i would personally recommend buying local set due to warranty assurance.

pricing-wise, it will always be difficult to compare export set price with local set price.

whether u buy export or local, still welcome you to join the upcoming event; got many xiaomi products to test, not just redmi 5 and redmi 5 plus

Last edited by caterham7; 17-02-2018 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: add last para
Old 17-02-2018, 09:37 PM   #10
High Supremacy Member

perception & reality often differs; time lag between china availability and local availability has been reducing

personally feel we should commend those distributors for organising experiential [not experimental lah ] events so that people can do proper hand-on, without being restricted by those tethering cables at telco shops.

not sure if you noticed, ECS [1 of the xiaomi distributors] recently even started to sell export products [e.g. 45w type-c charger] due to local demand

sure, pls continue to buy export set if u are comfortable with china rom with no google play, or hacked rom. But do note some of those hacked rom are either buggy or have spyware inside.

and just to clarify, nothing wrong with buying export set, i bought export set xiaomi notebook, cos it was not sold officially locally, but had to go through a roundabout way to get windows to appear in english. if a specific xiaomi product is available locally, i would personally recommend buying local set due to warranty assurance.

pricing-wise, it will always be difficult to compare export set price with local set price.

whether u buy export or local, still welcome you to join the upcoming event; got many xiaomi products to test, not just redmi 5 and redmi 5 plus
Kudo to u for writing so much.. Yet it is useless.. See the mi mix2 they only bring in 64gb..knn even if mi 5 plus come in they also selling the lower end model... They are simply treating us like dumpling ground.. Almost all my xiaomi products are got from export and yet there is an official xiaomi distributor here.. U see the insult.. I rather they close down the singapore distributor and concentrate to sell from over sea and provide a service center locally can already..
Old 17-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #11
High Supremacy Member

Saw comlor @ qoo10 sell export sealed xiaomi 5+ 64gb at 308 before shipping. You got at 220+...
Road test liao yet?
Pls search the official thread.. Got ppl bought before.. The seller even have a shop locally..
Old 17-02-2018, 09:43 PM   #12
High Supremacy Member

Recently read abt the redmi note 5 pro.. Will buy export also.. Dun think xiaomi will bring in the 6gb model
Old 18-02-2018, 08:30 AM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

Recently read abt the redmi note 5 pro.. Will buy export also.. Dun think xiaomi will bring in the 6gb model
agree with u that they wont bring that model in.

but my guess was like will they even bring the pro version?
Old 18-02-2018, 08:44 AM   #14
High Supremacy Member

agree with u that they wont bring that model in.

but my guess was like will they even bring the pro version?
Fat hope... Lol
Old 18-02-2018, 04:39 PM   #15

Kudo to u for writing so much.. Yet it is useless.. See the mi mix2 they only bring in 64gb..knn even if mi 5 plus come in they also selling the lower end model... They are simply treating us like dumpling ground.. Almost all my xiaomi products are got from export and yet there is an official xiaomi distributor here.. U see the insult.. I rather they close down the singapore distributor and concentrate to sell from over sea and provide a service center locally can already..
agreed re: mix2; a couple of us have provided feedback to ECS, one the local distributors. [p.s. there is a 2nd distributor, EIN, currently more low profile, but they are opening more outlets]

the sad reality is that xiaomi china has reduced their focus on singapore, they are concentrating on bigger markets like india and indonesia

re: closing down distributor and just provide service centre to service overseas sets, that is logistically not possible

whether which variant of the redmi 5 plus is coming, we still don't know, hopefully all variants will be available, like previous rmn4 series
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.