For those buying from NEWSTAR Electronic.

greentea123

Reaction score
For those who buying Xiaomi products from NEWSTAR Electronic, please take note. Bought a Redmi Pro from them on 02 Feb 2016, realized that is a dot of dead pixel on the phone when taking photo. Wanted to go down to the shop but it is already closed so i went down the next day. They said that is my fault for not checking the phone, they refused to 1 on 1 exchange the phone and it can be only send back to china for repair which will take around 2 weeks. I asked them i thought that the phone come with 1 month warranty, they say yes but does not cover 1 on 1 exchange. This is not the worst thing, they say that china site might not repair the phone as it is common for a dot of dead pixel on the phone. They also refused to refund, so i have no choice to let them bring back to china to repair. I called them today, they tell me where got so fast and need maybe another 2 weeks. For those who considering buying from them, just my two cents' worth.

Last edited:

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who buying Xiaomi products from NEWSTAR Electronic, please take note. Bought a Redmi Pro from them on 02 Feb 2016, realized that is a dot of dead pixel on the phone when taking photo. Wanted to go down to the shop but it is already closed so i went down the next day. They said that is my fault for not checking the phone, they refused to 1 on 1 exchange the phone and it can be only send back to china for repair which will take around 2 weeks. I asked them i thought that the phone come with 1 month warranty, they say yes but does not cover 1 on 1 exchange. This is not the worst thing, they say that china site might not repair the phone as it is common for a dot of dead pixel on the phone. They also refused to refund, so i have no choice to let them bring back to china to repair. I called them today, they tell me where got so fast and need maybe another 2 weeks. For those who considering buying from them, just my two cents' worth.

I'm not defending NEWSTAR but you ought to examine a few facts here before complaining:
1) set purchased and collected on 2/2 but today already 18/2. What happened the last 16 days? Which shop allows 2 weeks 1 to 1 exchange?
2) usually they ask customers to check phone on the spot. I did checked mine when I purchased a MI Max from them. Checked basic things like screen, WiFi, camera, etc before leaving. Did you check yours?
3) probably treat this as an experience so next time do the necessary checks to avoid headaches like this. QC of phone companies are not fool proof so if you don't know how to check, probably can ask them how to check and see if they teach you a few tricks here and there.

Sidler

Reaction score
I'm not defending NEWSTAR but you ought to examine a few facts here before complaining:
1) set purchased and collected on 2/2 but today already 18/2. What happened the last 16 days? Which shop allows 2 weeks 1 to 1 exchange?
2) usually they ask customers to check phone on the spot. I did checked mine when I purchased a MI Max from them. Checked basic things like screen, WiFi, camera, etc before leaving. Did you check yours?
3) probably treat this as an experience so next time do the necessary checks to avoid headaches like this. QC of phone companies are not fool proof so if you don't know how to check, probably can ask them how to check and see if they teach you a few tricks here and there.
Not everyone as zai as u in checking phones. On the spot sometimes will miss.

I read his post and I got a different interpretation from you. I believe this happened.

2/2 bought phone. Went home found dead pixel but it's already late and they are closed.
3/2 went for intending to do a change, but they say can only send for repair and need 2 weeks.
16/2 about 2 weeks later, call and they say need another 2 weeks.

One day also cannot change, buyer beware.
They prata quite a bit. That time the mi max 1 for 1 sale for 349 each, alot of people kena order cancel.
I kena. printed out the collection in the morning, went down and reach at 11.45,only to find out they cancel the order at 11.03am.
They say Qoo10 cancel.
Called Qoo10 and Qoo10 say seller Id cancelled the order,stating out of stock.
But the item still can order but for 50 each more.

Seller cancel or Qoo10 cancel, u make the judgement call.

greentea123

Reaction score
Yes. 1 day also cannot change, asked for refund also cannot. The dot on the pixel so small that i didn't really notice till i use the camera. They also argued that the the dot of dead pixel was common and the phone might not be repaired. Just wanted to let people know and be careful when purchasing from them.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow. They dare to say 1 pixel is common. Means that most of the time. That phone is practically a fail product already (or maybe the suppiler they got from is xiaomi fail product???)

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The warranty from this seller is not a 1:1 exchange from what I understand. The warranty covers the return shipping to China for repairs. I feel this is the risk of purchasing parallel imports.

Aside from this, I am not sure how the bigger brands like Samsung, Apple and LG deals with dead pixels. Usually, it should be like more than 1 dead/ stuck pixels before they repair/ replace it. Although they could do it out of good will since their profit margin is higher.

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. 1 day also cannot change, asked for refund also cannot. The dot on the pixel so small that i didn't really notice till i use the camera. They also argued that the the dot of dead pixel was common and the phone might not be repaired. Just wanted to let people know and be careful when purchasing from them.

That's pretty sucky of them. Do post your experience on their q10 feedback and post talk so others are aware too. Personally, if they so this to me I'd have banged tables there until the police come and scare his customers away

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
This shop cannot buy one. Listen to your Uncle here.
Buay sa la one!

Sent from RTA using GAGT

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
The warranty from this seller is not a 1:1 exchange from what I understand. The warranty covers the return shipping to China for repairs. I feel this is the risk of purchasing parallel imports.

Aside from this, I am not sure how the bigger brands like Samsung, Apple and LG deals with dead pixels. Usually, it should be like more than 1 dead/ stuck pixels before they repair/ replace it. Although they could do it out of good will since their profit margin is higher.
Now is 2017 already. Even a half dead pixel also is considered as FAILED / REJECT / SCRAPPED.
To them, reputation of good quality is cannot be compromised at ALL COSTS.

Sent from RTA using GAGT

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
My Redmi Note 3 from them arrived "used". Can see some smudges on the fingerprint scanner and it came with modified global rom as well. Best to avoid NSE.

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT

They didn't say it will be opened to install ROM?
This is expected as china set don't come with playstore

Edit: i just checked. They did mention it is china set and the seal in the Q&A.

Last edited:

redchallenge

Reaction score
bought my mi5s plus from them, okay leh nothing's wrong. but i honestly think these kind of stuff is a matter of heng suay

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm defending them too. Bought my max from them, and is a 64 GB one where totally have to depend on their 1 month warranty. They didn't stop me from checking the phone in the shop, which is what I did. Issue like dead pixel is not something that you can't see upfront. Even for delivery case, you should also check and reject delivery if have problem.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm defending them too. Bought my max from them, and is a 64 GB one where totally have to depend on their 1 month warranty. They didn't stop me from checking the phone in the shop, which is what I did. Issue like dead pixel is not something that you can't see upfront. Even for delivery case, you should also check and reject delivery if have problem.
If got dead pixel in 2017 means the shop buy rejects, failed Q.A. products from source. And at a substantial discount, then sell to you. Because their thinking is 90% of the people got no time to come back to shop to complain & exchange. That's why this kind of issue will not surface at Telco shop like SingTel, M1.

Sent from RTA using GAGT

Sidler

Reaction score
Would the delivery guy wait for u to boot up the phone to check?

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just wanna say, if u wanna get phone from there, get sealed set, which means u need to go to the shop instead of having the phone delivered. dont get phones they already opened. other than that, should be safe cause its same as buying from china. go learn how to install rom yourself. dont trust "free" services.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
If got dead pixel in 2017 means the shop buy rejects, failed Q.A. products from source. And at a substantial discount, then sell to you. Because their thinking is 90% of the people got no time to come back to shop to complain & exchange. That's why this kind of issue will not surface at Telco shop like SingTel, M1.

Sent from RTA using GAGT

It's already year 2017. There are still people who thinks rejected goods are sold by the original source. E.g. factory.
I believe the same group of people gets deceived to buy "rejected" branded good s.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.