Xiaomi Mi 4i

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who bought online from Xiao Mi, can you tell me how long it takes to be delivered to your place ? Hey, thanks a lot !

neanea

Master Member
Reaction score
Hardware, design, features are all good but firmware quality control is a disaster. Best is to buy flagships from Apple, Samsung, etc. If you really want this phone, I suggest you to wait until Oct/Nov for all the annoying bugs to be fixed. You can buy either brand new or 2nd hand set with good price then.

can i know why Oct/Nov ?

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Notes after using Mi4i for a week

I got Mi4i specifically for traveling because I need internet access via a local SIM card and to have my own SIM card in the phone.

After using it for a week the conclusion is that I think I wasted $279. If I'd knew what I was signing up for, I'd rather buy another phone or mobile hotspot.

Main problems:

- Huge, I mean HUGE lags when using ANYTHING after 10-15 min. I was using the phone mostly to do FB status updates via the FB app and take photos. With FB, once you start uploading photos, even with wifi after some time lags start to show up. Pressing/typing and no chars appearing, after hanging for 2-3 min there is a message 'Facebook not responding, close?'.

However the lags there even when FB was not used. I was taking photos (not videos, photos) and after taking 4-5 photos the lags are there as well - pressing shutter button does nothing, and you can see how slow screen changes when moving phone.

During all this, only 2-3 apps were open, not 10-15 of them. With built-in cleaner, it was possible to reclaim memory but after another 10-15 problem was back.

- Mobile network connectivity: the SIM card in slot #2 was losing connectivity with the network provider all the time every 3-10 min. You had to do Disable Data and re-enable it to bring it back. Disabling SIM card in slot #1 did not help.

- I do not understand what is taking 1GB from 2GB of RAM right after boot up. Most apps I've disabled from auto start, still, the same situation.

- Phone gets HOT! To the point that it was not comfortable to have it in the pocket. Had to turn it off and wait until it cools down.

Night_Croze

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi.. Anyone know where I can get the sim card tray ?? Need to buy one as my sim tray spoilt liao.. :(

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I got Mi4i specifically for traveling because I need internet access via a local SIM card and to have my own SIM card in the phone.

After using it for a week the conclusion is that I think I wasted $279. If I'd knew what I was signing up for, I'd rather buy another phone or mobile hotspot.

Main problems:

- Huge, I mean HUGE lags when using ANYTHING after 10-15 min. I was using the phone mostly to do FB status updates via the FB app and take photos. With FB, once you start uploading photos, even with wifi after some time lags start to show up. Pressing/typing and no chars appearing, after hanging for 2-3 min there is a message 'Facebook not responding, close?'.

However the lags there even when FB was not used. I was taking photos (not videos, photos) and after taking 4-5 photos the lags are there as well - pressing shutter button does nothing, and you can see how slow screen changes when moving phone.

During all this, only 2-3 apps were open, not 10-15 of them. With built-in cleaner, it was possible to reclaim memory but after another 10-15 problem was back.

- Mobile network connectivity: the SIM card in slot #2 was losing connectivity with the network provider all the time every 3-10 min. You had to do Disable Data and re-enable it to bring it back. Disabling SIM card in slot #1 did not help.

- I do not understand what is taking 1GB from 2GB of RAM right after boot up. Most apps I've disabled from auto start, still, the same situation.

- Phone gets HOT! To the point that it was not comfortable to have it in the pocket. Had to turn it off and wait until it cools down.

set your phone in performance mode, should be not laggy~

in balanced mode everything also slow down
~

kbwang

Reaction score
I bought it just 3 weeks ago directly from Xiaomi online. Is there a way to return it and get money back?
Google small claims tribunal. The process is there. 10bucks to submit a claim. Probably another 5bucks to get biz record from acra. I think it's worth trying

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
who wanna go small claims tribute? Gather more n claim together. My colleague wants to claim against XM, more people submit, better chance of winning

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
who wanna go small claims tribute? Gather more n claim together. My colleague wants to claim against XM, more people submit, better chance of winning

I, count on me.

First, I will try to visit their service center at Central today but I am pretty much already know the outcome.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.