HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X) - Mi Dual Camera, Picture Perfect!

Like Tree158Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2017, 11:41 PM   #16
High Supremacy Member

what is abt SD625? I should avoid SD625 for futureproof purposes?
Snapdragon 625 overall is a good and efficient processor, providing good decent performance with good power efficiency, leading to good battery life for example.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
amazingone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #17
High Supremacy Member

Black for the classy you.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 20-07-2017, 10:48 PM   #18
High Supremacy Member

Colorful Mi 5X for the colorful youth of you.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-07-2017, 07:09 PM   #19
High Supremacy Member

Mi 5X in Rose Gold for you?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-07-2017, 08:11 PM   #20

Xiaomi has a good record of providing software updates(MIUI updates) for their phones.

Even the Xiaomi Mi 2 and Mi 2S, Xiaomi's 2012 flagship, will be receiving the latest MIUI 9 update too!

Considering that the Mi 5X is part of the Mi series, software updates shouldn't be much of an issue.
Hey guys,

Being a Xiaomi Mi 4 owner for a few years now, I can only tell you that the software update thing is TERRIBLE with Xiaomi. It's been many many moons since I agreed to upgrade my phone to MiUI 8, and I believe I am running the latest global ROM.

There is an already documented and well-known bug with MiUI that literally crashes apps for no apparent reason, and at completely random times. For me this happens mainly with my Chrome browser! Can you imagine! It happens to me more than 10 times a day and I'm sooooooo fed up with Xiaomi knowing about this bug (it is on the xiaomi forums, reported by more than a few users) and not doing anything about it for months and months that I've decided to take it upon myself to tell everyone that Xiaomi is not a serious company.

No guys. Don't make the same mistake. They don't care to fix bugs. They care about releasing their next OS. They care about you buying their latest phone. And if there are bugs in whichever phone you buy trust me they won't fix it. They won't.

Should I trust Xiaomi again, hand them my money for a newer and possibly better phone? Should I trust these people again - with MiUI 9.0 that they are soon going to release? No. Never. I must be an idiot to do so. It's a VERY serious bug that I am talking about and it's impossible Xiaomi didn't hear about it. My experience with my Mi 4 was a complete let down, it's as if I'm living in the ghetto...

For your information please note that a reviewer on youtube also has had the exact same problem with a Xiaomi pad, so I'm not making this stuff up and it's their OS, MiUI that's screwing up.

Guys honestly I'm not buying a Xiaomi phone ever again. I reported this bug, have read posts on their forums reporting this bug, and yesterday even saw a video about a youtube reviewer mentioning that some apps just randomly crash - or can't be opened at all as they immediately crash.

No guys be smart - and I will say it once again - if Xiaomi has not fixed such a major disastrous, UX ruining bug in months, they will do the same with MiUI 9.0. We are just cattle to them.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by RowanR; 21-07-2017 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: Part of the text was truncated during edit.
RowanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 08:23 PM   #21

Hey guys,

Being a Xiaomi Mi 4 owner for a few years now, I can only tell you that the software update thing is TERRIBLE with Xiaomi. It's been many many moons since I agreed to upgrade my phone to MiUI 8, and I believe I am running the latest global ROM.

There is an already documented and well-known bug with MiUI that literally crashes apps for no apparent reason, and at completely random times. For me this happens mainly with my Chrome browser! Can you imagine! It happens to me more than 10 times a day and I'm sooooooo fed up with Xiaomi knowing about this bug (it is on the xiaomi forums, reported by more than a few users) and not doing anything about it for months and months that I've decided to take it upon myself to tell everyone that Xiaomi is not a serious company.

No guys. Don't make the same mistake. They don't care to fix bugs. They care about releasing their next OS. They care about you buying their latest phone. And if there are bugs in whichever phone you buy trust me they won't fix it. They won't.

Should I trust Xiaomi again, hand them my money for a newer and possibly better phone? Should I trust these people again - with MiUI 9.0 that they are soon going to release? No. Never. I must be an idiot to do so. It's a VERY serious bug that I am talking about and it's impossible Xiaomi didn't hear about it. My experience with my Mi 4 was a complete let down, it's as if I'm living in the ghetto...

For your information please note that a reviewer on youtube also has had the exact same problem with a Xiaomi pad, so I'm not making this stuff up and it's their OS, MiUI that's screwing up.

Guys honestly I'm not buying a Xiaomi phone ever again. I reported this bug, have read posts on their forums reporting this bug, and yesterday even saw a video about a youtube reviewer mentioning that some apps just randomly crash - or can't be opened at all as they immediately crash.

No guys be smart - and I will say it once again - if Xiaomi has not fixed such a major disastrous, UX ruining bug in months, they will do the same with MiUI 9.0. We are just cattle to them.
Sad to hear about your experience with MIUI. I did experienced crashes with Chrome on my Mi Note but not with other apps. The crash issue was fixed after I complained to Google about it. It's not always MIUI fault that cause apps to crash. Btw, chrome is not a great browser on Android, you should try other browsers like ghostery, naked browser.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
JuXn5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #22
Master Member

Hey guys,

U can always flash other roms if 1 is giving u problems. Apps crashing on any other android phone is common be it xiaomi or samsung.

I do agree that MIUI is still not a well polished UI, but at least they put in an effort in regularly updating the versions as compared to other brands.
~Dragonite~ and amazingone like this.
BananaMilkShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 03:08 PM   #23
High Supremacy Member

Perfect portrait shots with the Mi 5X!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 23-07-2017, 12:13 PM   #24
High Supremacy Member

More photos of the Mi 5X~

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #25
High Supremacy Member

Mi 5X, Picture Perfect Dual Camera!

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-07-2017, 05:40 PM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bookmarked.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
garychengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 05:40 PM   #27
Master Member

Mi 5X official teaser

~Dragonite~ likes this.
tmkedmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 10:30 AM   #28
High Supremacy Member

Last minute leak!
Spoiler!

freestyle via PCWX
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by amazingone; 26-07-2017 at 10:33 AM..
Old 26-07-2017, 03:13 PM   #29
High Supremacy Member

Introducing the Mi 5X!

Posted with freestyle via PCWX
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 26-07-2017, 03:17 PM   #30
High Supremacy Member

Mi 5X dual camera takes portrait shots with a quality similar to SLR camera!

Posted with freestyle via PCWX
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.