Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X) - Mi Dual Camera, Picture Perfect!

andriod

Reaction score
I liked the Oreo update, comes with night light, don't need third party. Have yet to determine the on screen time.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone noticed that the notifications in the lock screen looks very ugly now? so big!
I quite like it leh. Now my incomg WhatsApp message titles got color leh

Sent from Xiaomi MI A1 Running Oreo 8.0 using GAGT

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i find the text too big :s13:

I think if you adjust the system font size to be smaller, the lock screen text should get smaller as well. At least, I don't notice much of a change for my lock screen.

joeltng

Reaction score
Erm... sounds like an app doing background location request. May not even be a recent app.

Try uninstalling the apps that need location permission and reinstall each one back one by one to identify the culprit.

Might do that once have more time.

So far I've confirmed it only happens once any app uses location data,icon remains there until I restart my phone. :/

joeltng

Reaction score
The new ambient screen Abit nicer but loses the functionality to straight away access notification when you touch it :(

Mng85

Reaction score
just realised that after oreo update, my 365 Health app cannot sync to Samsung Healh app. It used to sync smoothly before the oreo update. anyone has the same issue?

also, anyone managed to get the picture-in-picture feature to work using YouTube app?

Oh ya i also have he same problem with my 365

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
What lcd panels are you all rocking? Tianma or ebbg?

Read on other sources that there is display burnt in issues with Tianma panels

To check dial
*#*#6484#*#*
Then click on version
And look under LCD

You will find your emmc & ram manufacturer as well. So far I have seen Hynix and Samsung. Quality Brands

Last edited:

treeskull

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What lcd panels are you all rocking? Tianma or ebbg?

Read on other sources that there is display burnt in issues with Tianma panels

To check dial
*#*#6484#*#*
Then click on version
And look under LCD

You will find your emmc & ram manufacturer as well. So far I have seen Hynix and Samsung. Quality Brands
Tianma here

Sent from 你是我的小啊小苹果儿怎么爱你都不嫌多红红的小脸儿温暖我的心窝点亮我生命的火火火火火火 using GAGT

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I think the extent of forumers affected is (?)
Judging that we have users here with local and export sets, it is kinda a bad lottery for those who are affected by this with export sets / “local shop warranty”.

I have the tianma display too but honestly i think this burn in thing is abit overblown.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
The set I re-got is an EBBG display. From the first impression onwards. It is a warmer display. Less saturated. More washout in comparison to a Tianma demo side by side.

The value proposition of the Mi A1 is too good. Found myself missing it.. that I hopped back to it. :o

Last edited:

treeskull

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh no ltr I check

Sent from 你是我的小啊小苹果儿怎么爱你都不嫌多红红的小脸儿温暖我的心窝点亮我生命的火火火火火火 using GAGT

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of which ..
*#*#6484#*#* allows you to use the FM radio as well.. :o

Google persistently dislikes Fm Radios on stock android.. hence this is a workaround

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.