Xiaomi Mi Max - Part 2

mojojoel

Reaction score
Yup, I got from Simder also no auto update. Had to go manually flash it myself. :s12:

Yea, Simder using some custom/3rd party/hacked/etc ROM. Once I received a Max 32GB from them with the version 8.1.3.0.0 lol.

mojojoel

Reaction score
It's not 'official support'. Not sure what your expectations are, but while you get a speed boost at some points (I measured up to 14W, it won't go max QC3.0 bandwidth of 18W), it's not for the whole charge. Overall from 0-100% it's not that much faster, my own tests, maybe only about 30mins less compared to non-QC? I find it most useful when you want to do a quick 'topup' say from 20 to 50%, or 50 to 80%. Aukey, Anker, Choetech, are the usual brands.

It's officially supported by Qualcomm, but cuts off above 60% battery (from users testing). I'm using a Aukey 6port charger with 2 QC3.0 ports.

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
It's officially supported by Qualcomm, but cuts off above 60% battery (from users testing). I'm using a Aukey 6port charger with 2 QC3.0 ports.

Yeah, but that's only 1/2 the picture, so I won't call it officially supported. Qualcomm's wording explains it best.

These devices contain the hardware necessary to achieve Quick Charge 3.0. It is at the device manufacturer’s discretion to fully enable this feature. A Quick Charge 3.0 certifi ed power adapter is required. Different Quick Charge 3.0 implementations may result in diff erent charging times.

https://www.qualcomm.com/documents/quick-charge-device-list

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... For the simder set.

Even if it is preloaded with a Global 8.0.3.0 rom in which it was an official global rom version. That rom still can be a 3rd party / custom rom, right?

Coz if it was an official global rom 8.0.3.0 from official Xiaomi site, it should be able to get updated, and not because the update server does not recognize old version of official rom thus "rejects" the update?

Last edited:

mojojoel

Reaction score
Hmmm.... For the simder set.

Even if it is preloaded with a Global 8.0.3.0 rom in which it was an official global rom version. That rom still can be a 3rd party / custom rom, right?

Coz if it was an official global rom 8.0.3.0 from official Xiaomi site, it should be able to get updated, and not because the update server does not recognize old version of official rom thus "rejects" the update?

Yea, it's just an unofficial ROM masquerading with an official ROM version number.

biue22

Reaction score
My set is also from Simder, but I'm able to update ota. Can I say that it's loaded with official ROM?

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, it's just an unofficial ROM masquerading with an official ROM version number.

I see...

That, is no good by simder.:(

Those non tech savvy buyers will be the victims from such practice not knowing it wasn't an official rom and no update for them at all for the rest of their Mi Max's life!

So, folks who intent to buy from simder or those we have bought from them. Please be reminded of the 3rd party / custom rom loaded by simder.

Last edited:

PES1989

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any free tempered glass screen protector & crystal casing from NewStar if buy from Shopee?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jim sian, after months on miui8, dual apps stop working. Clicking either icon doesn't open app.

Tried everything disable/re-able, uninstall/install, reboot, wiping cache and data, all combi-s can't get dual app functionality back.
Any idea other than re-flashing?

Last edited:

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
meanwhile,I don't get it why so many users upgraded to miui 8.

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ok ley. even if I never root it,the phone is fast.
ok lah, just take it I'm the unique one who's sticking with the original/default version.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok lah.

Some like to watch the History Channel. Some like to watch Discovery Channel... :)

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
m1 is good but it keeps Android OS run non stop, battery drain 1% hourly on standby, experiencing this on my wife max and mine.

I think m1 lacks of fast dormancy thus battery drain will be higher as well.

Give and take ba...

Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. M1/circles.life is better than the other 2 operators for 4g on trends of coverage and constant speed.

but circle i dun think they can get full speed or signal while riding on m1 infrastructure.

what i mean is that m1 will still give their customer 1st for both of them while circle might be getting slightly lower speed and signal.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.