6jun -> 10jun
12jun -> 17jun

so a bit of crystal-ball gazing
maybe 19jun -> 24jun :)

MRC

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Avoid buying from third party unless you are an expert in testing. Yesterday I help my customer to inspect 1 big batch of note and redmi in China and finally turn out to be fake lol.

For your info now the factory somehow managed to get hold of the algo or imei, serial from the original factory aka foxconn so even fake ones can when you verify it will say original. We looked at the housing, battery and board then only found its fake as its different from the original but its highly copied quality. Also the recovery mode is different from the original and somehow original update of firmware cant work.

Even famous testing software such as CPU-Z and antutu cant tell the different as they patched the phone somehow. So buyers beware.

Salapi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Avoid buying from third party unless you are an expert in testing. Yesterday I help my customer to inspect 1 big batch of note and redmi in China and finally turn out to be fake lol.

For your info now the factory somehow managed to get hold of the algo or imei, serial from the original factory aka foxconn so even fake ones can when you verify it will say original. We looked at the housing, battery and board then only found its fake as its different from the original but its highly copied quality. Also the recovery mode is different from the original and somehow original update of firmware cant work.

Even famous testing software such as CPU-Z and antutu cant tell the different as they patched the phone somehow. So buyers beware.

really got to be cautious. now less and less confident in buying from 3rd party liao.

die die must buy from xiaomi sg.

im just wondering, if the imei is the same, will xiaomi sg give warranty :s13::s22:

MRC

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
really got to be cautious. now less and less confident in buying from 3rd party liao.

die die must buy from xiaomi sg.

im just wondering, if the imei is the same, will xiaomi sg give warranty :s13::s22:

I think when they got the set they will know its a copy as the touch screen also not that responsive and when you press harder you will see a orange patch appearing. Inside the boards also different hehe.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Now all the carrotheads try to carrothead others to buy over their "third party" redmis... LOLz...

Beware of FAKES especially from those third party shops...

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
so if i want to get a set for myself and my dad where should i get it from?
Not yet officially available. Redmi Note is on the way, but no official update from Xiaomi about Redmi 1S. But both models are definitely coming to Singapore, as they have passed through the IDA database

MRC

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Get from xiaomi or telco directly better.

Also today I happen to play with a brand new Redmi with 2 simcard together and I found out something. If you put 2 simcard in the Redmi and when you call either simcard 1 or 2 out of 10 times only less than half managed to get through. Most of the time it will reply line busy unable to get through please try later. I think there might be some bugs in the software side. Hopefully they can sort it out soon.

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get from xiaomi or telco directly better.

Also today I happen to play with a brand new Redmi with 2 simcard together and I found out something. If you put 2 simcard in the Redmi and when you call either simcard 1 or 2 out of 10 times only less than half managed to get through. Most of the time it will reply line busy unable to get through please try later. I think there might be some bugs in the software side. Hopefully they can sort it out soon.

never had such issues leh

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
The Redmi 1S and Redmi Note will be available in Singapore no later than the second week of July.

Redmi Note has an official released date, 8th July, 12PM.
Wonder when's the sale date for this 1S, next week(1st July) or the same day as the Note..

:s8:

MRC

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
never had such issues leh

U test in overseas?

I tested 2pcs in China, sim 1 put china unicom sim, sim 2 put ST simcard then it happens. My friends and family all kpkb say how come I talk so much cant get in touch with me.

V

victorlht88

rmb to ask for official invoices from either xiaomi or the local telcos when you purchase from someone else to verify its real redmi and not some china knock off.

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
It's finally coming!:D✌️ Redmi 1S, $169, 5000sets, 8th July, 12PM!
Same sale time as Redmi Note, tough choice for some.. :s22:

10407731_736066343101136_1046798749848491554_n.png

gnihc11

Reaction score
Good news, finally. Where to find their specs in English so can do comparison?
Thanks.

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
finally

was a bit surprised when redmi note sale date was announced, and no confirmation of redmi 1s

if they launched redmi 1s after redmi note, sales of redmi 1s would be affected

now this is a better scenario for both xiaomi and consumers :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.