Xiaomi Redmi 5 and its variants

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not really though, usually only devices that supports unlock bootloader and run snapdragon processor will have developers. From my experience, phones that uses 3rd party/dedicated processors like mediatek or kirin dont have much custom roms

pretty much most developers are in for SD SoC, but i believe Exynos also have, kirin is still quite new player, maybe wait and see.

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I search on youtube , surprised to see videos uploaded hours ago , up to 4 days ago ... those unboxing videos

then I click in ... sure enough all are NOT their own videos ...
all stolen from china youku then slap their channel icon over the YOUKU watermark

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apparently, the Redmi 5 Plus support QuickCharge at 9V/1.5A rate :eek:
vD2qIVg.jpg

JXyZqGj.jpg

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
For me, no matter how good the battery & charging performance, giving just 6 months for battery warranty is rather risky.
Ever bring back to Asus service centre for battery warranty claim after more than 11 months usage due to bloated battery causing the LED screen to popped out.

Last edited:

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
For me, no matter how good the battery & charging performance, giving just 6 months for battery warranty is rather risky.
Ever bring back to Asus service centre for battery warranty claim after more than 11 months usage due to bloated battery causing the LED screen to popped out.
They changed for me 3 items.
The LED screen, the non-removable battery & the dual SIM card tray. All new parts, at no costs to me.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

$230 seems a pretty good price for the 5 plus 3/32. Get 2x qoo10 gift card and if you have qpoints to offset, can bring down the price by another $16. But chances are, the price will only got down further the longer you wait. Are there any major cons with getting the phone now with china rom than to wait for a global rom release(if and when its released)?

Watzzup

Reaction score
So many kind of xiaomii phone...
Anyone can intro?...screen size around 6
Latest model if possible
Thanks

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$230 seems a pretty good price for the 5 plus 3/32. Get 2x qoo10 gift card and if you have qpoints to offset, can bring down the price by another $16. But chances are, the price will only got down further the longer you wait. Are there any major cons with getting the phone now with china rom than to wait for a global rom release(if and when its released)?

even though heard from previous is all those china rom have spyware or too many apps. (but this also doesn't means that global rom might be totally free from it.)

but still i think that they might be other ways to prevent it? (not sure how :o)

Hailgod

Master Member
Reaction score
even though heard from previous is all those china rom have spyware or too many apps. (but this also doesn't means that global rom might be totally free from it.)

but still i think that they might be other ways to prevent it? (not sure how :o)

if u are still in doubt then just go custom rom. theres tons of support for rn4 snapdragon version

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
How does it fare against Redmi 5 plus? Both are new phone 2017?
all these using same snapdragon 625 cpu ...... so the difference would be minimal ... 1gb ram , 1 inch screen , 20% battery ....

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How does it fare against Redmi 5 plus? Both are new phone 2017?

Mi Max 2 over redmi 5 plus

bigger batter : 5300 vs 4000
better wifi : support up to 5Ghz ac vs 5ghz N\
Bigger storage: 128gb vs 64 gb
Fast charging
Type C

other than that i cant rmb much.

but here is redmi 5 plus over mi max 2

18:9 screen

and i think thats all XD

Last edited:

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2/16gb redmi 5 with a 720p screen.

might as well get the rn4x 3/32gb for the same price. 1080p screen, 4100mah battery...

Yes, I agree with you. Get a RedMi Note 4/4X. Pay so high price for a inferior spec, not worth.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.