Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Helio X20 /Snapdragon 625)

Rooney3

Reaction score
Check with you guys.. the qoo10 and Lazada sets are they in English by default? Got Google play store too?

UO

Master Member
Reaction score
The set i bought on q10 is cn set and came with cn ROM. But they pre installed google play and set language to English for me by default. Change language very easy one leh.

dakeda

Reaction score
My note 4 coming today. Any ah beng shop selling SP and case? My area only sell RMN3 case and SP. Some don't even sell.

Don't want to wait for online shop delivery. Sometime takes ages.

Last edited:

sggirlsareflatchested

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys need some advice.

my current daily driver is a N6P but i'm interested to get a redmi note 3 / 4 as spare.

read in our rmn3 thread that battery life is superb. any comparison to rmn4?

saw some deals in lazada (http://www.lazada.sg/xiaomi-redmi-note-4-364-silver-international-rom-export-8847885.html?mp=1) from supercell. piqued my interest in this phone. build quality looks good for it's price.

TIA!
Battery life should be around the same between Note 3 and Note 4.

As for built quality, Note 4 is superior than the Note 3, as the 4 has a full metal body, whereas the Note 3 is top and bottom is plastic while middle part is metal, which causes some color discrepancies between tha plastic parts and metal parts. The overall design of Note 4 is also more polished too.

Sent from Sumire using GAGT

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
Battery life on RN4 seems shorter than RN3 based on the latest review at GSMarena.

blade

Reaction score
Previously using RN3, just bought RN4 2 days ago. After 1 day use, would think RN3 battery life is better than RN4 (China ROM). Anyway, bought it from Qoo10 for $253 net (RN4 64G $188 + $60 for Silver + $5 for casing) without coupons. Overheard they quote walk-in customer $280+ for RN4.

dakeda

Reaction score
Just pasted a sp. Realized that all edges cannot stick properly due to the curve glass. Anyone facing same issue?

tuzantar

Reaction score
Hi guys, may I know what file system the micro sd card support? Fat32 or exfat? Coming from RMN3 support only fat32. Very annoyed with this limitation. Thinking of getting rmn4

librarian

Reaction score
Battery life on RN4 seems shorter than RN3 based on the latest review at GSMarena.

I read that if RN3 is updated to MIUI 8, the battery life is much shorter too. My current RN3 is still on MIUI 7 and I am unwilling to upgraded to MIUI 8. All RN4 should be using MIUI 8. Could be user interface related.

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score

I read that if RN3 is updated to MIUI 8, the battery life is much shorter too. My current RN3 is still on MIUI 7 and I am unwilling to upgraded to MIUI 8. All RN4 should be using MIUI 8. Could be user interface related.

Battery life no difference la. But recently i upgrade to global rom v8.0.5.0, my gallery pictures all gone. Btw, I am using RN3, not RN4.

dakeda

Reaction score
Battery life no difference la. But recently i upgrade to global rom v8.0.5.0, my gallery pictures all gone. Btw, I am using RN3, not RN4.

Try to look for your pics using Google Photos or file explorer. The gallery app is buggy.

dakeda

Reaction score
Hi guys, may I know what file system the micro sd card support? Fat32 or exfat? Coming from RMN3 support only fat32. Very annoyed with this limitation. Thinking of getting rmn4

No diff la. As long as can put files on SD, no issue. Enjoy the phone.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you do not use dual space feature. Basically Miui 8 is similar to 7.

Bieffe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After reading the note 4 is very new. So limited data. Not even officially on sale here. Not sure to buy this or the Mi max

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.