HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #61

Earliest I think will be next year January. If approved faster will be end of December.

Either way we so far have not gotten any official news from Xiaomi themselves. All these are just speculation.
They should tie to holiday seasons. If not, customers will buy from competitors. And I think xiaomi can target school children better for price sensitive parents. Therefore better if before school starts... just my thoughts. Hopefully..
csc12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #62
High Supremacy Member

They should tie to holiday seasons. If not, customers will buy from competitors. And I think xiaomi can target school children better for price sensitive parents. Therefore better if before school starts... just my thoughts. Hopefully..
Rumors now is that Xiaomi may launch it during Double 11 sales, to increase the sales result as the Redmi Note 5 is one of the most anticipated Redmi phone now(it's time for an upgrade from the original Redmi Note 4 launched in August 2016)~
Old 29-10-2017, 01:23 PM   #63
Arch-Supremacy Member

Rumors now is that Xiaomi may launch it during Double 11 sales, to increase the sales result as the Redmi Note 5 is one of the most anticipated Redmi phone now(it's time for an upgrade from the original Redmi Note 4 launched in August 2016)~
really? 11/11 i think if like this is like 2 weeks later. but its just too soon lei. still thinking the release will be most likely on the end of nonmember since there isn't any official news.
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 01:35 PM   #64

Didn't realise Redmi Note 4 was Aug 2016. Yup was some time already.

Launch means China only ? Rumour got more details abt SG?
Old 29-10-2017, 01:47 PM   #65
High Supremacy Member

really? 11/11 i think if like this is like 2 weeks later. but its just too soon lei. still thinking the release will be most likely on the end of nonmember since there isn't any official news.
Yeah I also think it's impossible, but always believe that something good is about to happen!

Didn't realise Redmi Note 4 was Aug 2016. Yup was some time already.

Launch means China only ? Rumour got more details abt SG?
Yeah, launch in China is rumored to be on November 11.

SG launch very hard to say, but likely is earliest 3 months after the launch in China.
amazingone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #66
Arch-Supremacy Member

LMAO that slogan
Old 02-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #67
High Supremacy Member

Any idea when the Redmi Note 5 will be available in local retail channel?

My Redmi Note 3 already starting to split open along the seam, maybe due to a bloated battery... and warranty is over... I bought it last year August.

BlackWing1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:12 PM   #68
High Supremacy Member

My Redmi Note 3 already starting to split open along the seam, maybe due to a bloated battery... and warranty is over... I bought it last year August.

Redmi Note 5 will not be available anytime soon.

However, the Redmi 5 Plus with a 6" FHD+ 18:9 display could be coming soon, maybe you can wait for this and make your decision.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:35 PM   #69

This issue can be repaired. Don't need to get a new one.
K202020K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #70
High Supremacy Member

JD.com has started hyping the Redmi Note 5..

The price above isn't the official price, just a placeholder only

Spoiler!
Old 14-11-2017, 05:04 PM   #71
Arch-Supremacy Member

It seems a common problem. I had it for my RMN2 and RMN4 too... I believe it's charging habit.

kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #72

It seems a common problem. I had it for my RMN2 and RMN4 too... I believe it's charging habit.
Got to agree with you on this point. It's related to charging technique..
K202020K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 11:24 PM   #73

Got to agree with you on this point. It's related to charging technique..
what technique? means user problem?
kiddykong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 06:30 AM   #74
Arch-Supremacy Member

what technique? means user problem?
Could means that u are using the phone while charging it.
Old 15-11-2017, 08:01 AM   #75

May I ask if you reboot your phone every now and then ? When the battery is bloated, it's probably due to heat. The phone circuitry should be able to send the correct current to the battery for charging and then trigger charge when the phone is full. But I *suspect* sometimes some program cause problems to this and the phone overcharges the battery. I also notice that usage of wifi also heats up the battery. Running a number of programs also cause the phone to heat up. So eliminating any of these will help reduce heat in the phone.

Also check your temperature censor. I notice one of my phone temperature censor is registering a wrong temperature. So if the phone is heating up and the phone does not detect it, then it will continue to heat up and does not take action like warning you to clear the programs or even shut down.

Just my layman observation. No expert on these. Cheers !
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.