Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
day 6 is going to be too packed. it is about 2hr to get from Hiroshima to Tadanoumi station, and another 15min by ferry to Okunoshima. see schedule here:
http://www.qkamura.or.jp/ohkuno/access/images/jikokuhyo.pdf

it is likely to be afternoon by the time u are back in Hiroshima. peace park and memorial museum can easily take the whole afternoon. and Shukkenien closes at 5pm. u will probably have to drop Suhkkenien and castle. Hondori u can leave it for the evening or do it on day 5 evening since there is nothing to do at all in miyajima after dark.
Or you could do miyajima and peace park in the same day. I did that. including the mountain at miyajima.

pikachu0617

Reaction score
Hihi,

First time to Tokyo on my own.
Any recommendation for cheap, clean accommodation for 2.
I am going for a shopping spree in July. Have bought the air ticket.TIA

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hihi,

First time to Tokyo on my own.
Any recommendation for cheap, clean accommodation for 2.
I am going for a shopping spree in July. Have bought the air ticket.TIA

this kind of vague open ended qns without even bother to self google to narrow down the scope. why dont you just stay in some capsule hotel since it's cheap. :s12:

joeson

Reaction score
I have a flight that reaches Kansai Intl at 5.40pm.. and a domestic flight leaving there at 7.05pm. Can I make it?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a flight that reaches Kansai Intl at 5.40pm.. and a domestic flight leaving there at 7.05pm. Can I make it?

if it is peach airline, it is on a separate terminal that require a shuttle bus. u probably will not be able to make it in time in tt case coz u still need to clear customs and domestic usually require u to check in 30min before flight

joeson

Reaction score
if it is peach airline, it is on a separate terminal that require a shuttle bus. u probably will not be able to make it in time in tt case coz u still need to clear customs and domestic usually require u to check in 30min before flight

yeah, it's peach aviation. oh. hmm.

joeson

Reaction score
how about staying a night at Rinku town and do some shopping then take domestic flight the next day?

That sounds good! I was going to ask if there's any place that's near kansai international. Shall check out the hotels there then.

marbleslab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any Recommendations for a scenic trip to Japan in Dec? I have only been to japan once and that was on tour to hokkaido.

This time round wanna really explore japan but not too rushed type of itinerary. Something that can really get to enjoy the scenery and also experience the culture and food. Thinking of 2wks trip in dec.

Any recommendations?

CjieTehAwesome

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Need some help with trains... I can't visualize the route I'd be taking from Narita to Asakusa

Which line(s) do I get on? Do the line(s) serve the same platform? Are there 'wrong' trains to take?

I have a borrowed pasmo from a friend.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any restrictions to powerbanks? Bringing in the Xiaomi 20000 mah one. Any issue? Flying Cathay.
Powerbanks not allowed in check-in luggage. In hand-carry bag should be fine.

Need some help with trains... I can't visualize the route I'd be taking from Narita to Asakusa
Hyperdia is your friend. Few suggestions:

Quickest route seems to be Keisei Skyliner from Narita to Keisei-Ueno station. Then walk to Ueno station and take Tokyo Metro Ginza Line to Asakusa.

Most convenient route seems to be Keisei Access Express (SkyAccess?) direct to Asakusa http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/index.php

top_img.jpg

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Which line(s) do I get on? Do the line(s) serve the same platform? Are there 'wrong' trains to take?

I have a borrowed pasmo from a friend.

there is direct Keisei Access Express line to Asakusa:
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/index.php

same platform can serve trains going to different destination. but the good thing is that the schedule is very accurate. so just make sure u take the train at the correct time. and refer to the electronic signboard for train information

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any Recommendations for a scenic trip to Japan in Dec? I have only been to japan once and that was on tour to hokkaido.

This time round wanna really explore japan but not too rushed type of itinerary. Something that can really get to enjoy the scenery and also experience the culture and food. Thinking of 2wks trip in dec.

Any recommendations?

since it is ur first time doing a F&E in japan, maybe Tokyo will be good place to start. for natural sceneries, u can head to nearby places such as Hakone, Lake Kawaguchi and Nikko. if u take a more relaxed pace, these places can take 2-3 days each, so it is easy to fill up a 2 weeks trip

CjieTehAwesome

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Powerbanks not allowed in check-in luggage. In hand-carry bag should be fine.

Hyperdia is your friend. Few suggestions:

Quickest route seems to be Keisei Skyliner from Narita to Keisei-Ueno station. Then walk to Ueno station and take Tokyo Metro Ginza Line to Asakusa.

Most convenient route seems to be Keisei Access Express (SkyAccess?) direct to Asakusa http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/index.php

top_img.jpg

there is direct Keisei Access Express line to Asakusa:
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/index.php

same platform can serve trains going to different destination. but the good thing is that the schedule is very accurate. so just make sure u take the train at the correct time. and refer to the electronic signboard for train information

Alright, thanks so much :D

Just 3 more days

xberri

Reaction score
Hello all!!
I'm going Izu for a day trip. Any idea where I can buy the Ito Free Pass?
Here's the link. Is it only available to purchase at Ito Station? Can I buy at Atami Station?
This link says that I can buy free pass at white letters on the map which includes Atami Station(?).

So confused :s11: TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.