Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackLabel618

Reaction score
Is this catalogue online by any chance? When i loked at the coolserve site it showed both with 33066 btu/hr but that's a 3rd party so ...

It is a hard copy booklet showing all Mitsubishi aircons models and their specs. Can't recall where I snag it, could be courts could be GC.

terumo

Reaction score
To icekachang72,

The new models are supposed to save more energy.
What are the materials they are using?
Prices seem a bit on the high side unless they are using thicker insulation.

macpork

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
aircon chemical washing

hello all, looking for some advice here.

T43MBOm.jpg

this is my aircon unit in my bedroom, part of the trunking is concealed behind the wardrobe. can chemical washing still be done? i had an aircon guy coming over who said that chemical washing cannot be done because he needs to access the trunking that's behind the wardrobe.

gnoes85

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought a system 3 starmex 3x 9000btu 2 ticks: 2.7k. Installation & dunno wad unique power point install another $500. Gain city.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Bought a system 3 starmex 3x 9000btu 2 ticks: 2.7k. Installation & dunno wad unique power point install another $500. Gain city.

is 2 ticks bearable or 5 ticks a must? What is a unique power point by the way? $500 is :eek:

BenCoolServices

Reaction score
hello all, looking for some advice here.

T43MBOm.jpg

this is my aircon unit in my bedroom, part of the trunking is concealed behind the wardrobe. can chemical washing still be done? i had an aircon guy coming over who said that chemical washing cannot be done because he needs to access the trunking that's behind the wardrobe.
Chemical overhual can be done.

1. If air con can be relocated to the left side appox 30-50cm.
- welding needed and reinstalletion fee needed. you might need to pay extra $120.

macpork

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chemical overhual can be done.

1. If air con can be relocated to the left side appox 30-50cm.
- welding needed and reinstalletion fee needed. you might need to pay extra $120.
thanks! if I wanna relocate the Aircon, it can be done without having to open a hole in my wardrobe right?

terumo

Reaction score
To macpork,

The allowance left is less then a feet which is hard for the technician to work.
To relocate the fancoil is quite diffcult and risky.

macpork

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi terumo. does that mean the best option is to open the hole in my wardrobe so the exposed trunking can let the technician work?

after that, can the Aircon be relocated then?

To macpork,

The allowance left is less then a feet which is hard for the technician to work.
To relocate the fancoil is quite diffcult and risky.

funkmeister83

Reaction score
Hi just wanna get some advice and feedback as i'm intending to get a mitsubishi system 4 for my 4rm bto flat with 3x 9k for the bedrooms and 1x 18k for the living rm config.

1. Is it true that there is a nominal rating and maximum rating for the compressor? As in the compressor is quoted with a 28k btu but can max out at 30k btu.

2. Any reviews for bigbox's coolbox aircon installation and service? Anyone ever bought their aircon from them? Or is it just safer to get from established names like GC or HN? GC it seems has mixed reviews as well.

3. For GC's extended warranty, do they do actually honor it? It the warranty under them or thru an insurance company?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

terumo

Reaction score
To macpork,

Yes, to relocate further away from the cupboard will be a good option.

macpork

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To macpork,

Yes, to relocate further away from the cupboard will be a good option.
thanks terumo!! really appreciate the advice. will be shifting the Aircon unit once I've settled the part on the wardrobe.

dRu1D

Reaction score
After being away for a month to the States for a vacation, one of the split units(My master bedroom which was not occupied) for my 1.5 year old Mitsubishi Heavy Industries System 4 is down.

No indicator nor beep sound. All the other split units is working fine. Based on recommendation, I called Airmatic Airconditioning services and they were quick to point out that high chance it is a Indoor PCB circuit board problem. Good service. 3 months warranty for service.

Total damage-->180(Brand New Spare part)+80(Labour)

Contact-->6336 0303/ 9667 7293(Amran)

:D:D:D:D

BenCoolServices

Reaction score
thanks! if I wanna relocate the Aircon, it can be done without having to open a hole in my wardrobe right?
it can be done without opening the wardrobe.

1. flip up the air con. cut the copper piping.
2. relocation fan coil 30-50cm to the left.
3. welding needed to extand the piping.

have you find out the cost to cut a big hole on the wardrobe back panel and to rebuild too look good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.