Unblock TV (UBTV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex76

Reaction score
Any one using UBTV?
Will it lag while watching?
Does it have old movies and US/TVB series for streaming?

I saw the box on Qoo10, there have different prices like S$288 and even S$400, but some in ebay and amazon are selling like less than S$200.... I wonder what are the differences.. it's very confusing.
The seller in Qoo10 claimed that their UB box are different from those China box...bla bla bla.... but in picture there all looks identical...

Anyone can advise on this?

Thanks.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any one using UBTV?
Will it lag while watching?
Does it have old movies and US/TVB series for streaming?

I saw the box on Qoo10, there have different prices like S$288 and even S$400, but some in ebay and amazon are selling like less than S$200.... I wonder what are the differences.. it's very confusing.
The seller in Qoo10 claimed that their UB box are different from those China box...bla bla bla.... but in picture there all looks identical...

Anyone can advise on this?

Thanks.

I personally dont own the box but i can tell you that what the sellers on qoo10 and ebay/aliexpress selling are one and the same thing. Essentially you just have to keep a lookout that you are getting a gen2 box which has better specifications. Now as to why there is such a hugh price difference, thats because the seller on qoo10(which runs a shop at clementi mall) is trying to chop carrot head of gullible buyers by charging $400 for something that can be bought for half the price elsewhere(e.g. Shopee). Regardless where you buy the box from, it should all work the same so dont get suckered by sellers who tell you that their unblock box come with special additional apps/functions blah blah blah.

Add: If you are interested, search aliexpress and there is one particular vendor selling the gen2 box for USD$110 + USD$10 shipping through china post. I think this is the best price you can find in aliexpress.

Last edited:

alex76

Reaction score
I personally dont own the box but i can tell you that what the sellers on qoo10 and ebay/aliexpress selling are one and the same thing. Essentially you just have to keep a lookout that you are getting a gen2 box which has better specifications. Now as to why there is such a hugh price difference, thats because the seller on qoo10(which runs a shop at clementi mall) is trying to chop carrot head of gullible buyers by charging $400 for something that can be bought for half the price elsewhere(e.g. Shopee). Regardless where you buy the box from, it should all work the same so dont get suckered by sellers who tell you that their unblock box come with special additional apps/functions blah blah blah.

Add: If you are interested, search aliexpress and there is one particular vendor selling the gen2 box for USD$110 + USD$10 shipping through china post. I think this is the best price you can find in aliexpress.

I think you are right...
And I got some ebay sites that says their box is gen 3, latest one... but there are all using the same posters....

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you are right...
And I got some ebay sites that says their box is gen 3, latest one... but there are all using the same posters....

UBT has their own official website. If the website has no such model as gen3, would it make sense that resellers are able to get their hands on said model?

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Regardless of $200 or $400, if u are really watching the channels , the costs will be amortized back easily.
UB is the next best box after Maige. Although it is not as smooth and sometimes lag.

chinkt

Reaction score
Will UBTV end up like Maige TV?
How long before the servers get closed down like many of the Android TV boxes?

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will UBTV end up like Maige TV?
How long before the servers get closed down like many of the Android TV boxes?

I'm not sure you even know what you are talking about. Maige went kaput, the box becomes an expensive paper-weight. Even if one day UB closes down, you can still use the box like any normal android tv box. When a sub based iptv closes down, it doesnt mean the end of the world for your android box. No one can guarantee you that the service will last forever. Besides, you only pay a 1 time fee for the ubox. If you dont like the risk of the service potentially getting shut down in the future, then you probably should just stick to those free china iptv or streaming apps.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
using unblock tech to watch 600+ movies channels and live EPL matches, but it is not really "LIVE" cos it is behind time by 3-5 mins

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now the listing has changed to timed sale which restricts the usage of discount coupons. If you have bought it yesterday, you could have used discount coupons to bring the price down to $127. But $148 is still an ok price considering some individual sellers on carousell and shopee are selling the box at $200 and above.

Basically this is a sub-$50 box with UBTV installed. So you are paying $100 for the UBTV app.

It is an OK deal if UBTV is working well and can last for 2-3 years.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where can download UBTV apps?

Lol.....their own apps will not work on any devices other than their own. When you try to connect to their apps, a mac id check will be initiated. Fail the check and you will be brought to Bing brower front page. I tried before so really dont bother trying for yourself.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
all the football and movies apk are already preinstall most impt is all the epl matches can run smoothly

PA3131T

Master Member
Reaction score
When I get to know abt this box last Jun/Jul when a fren brought back from HK, the price is abt S$120 after conversion...

Then late last year, saw some sellers selling in MY & SG from S$220-$280. Worst, someone bought in West side(SG) for S$400 plus cut throat price...

For now at S$150, for sure there will be more willing buyers than compare to Maige that many are willing to pay S$400 plus... What is S$150...

All other ?????? aside. The risk amt is 1/3 of Maige that has gone with the load of money...

Anyway, was mentioned, the box alone is just a sub S$50 box. Worth it for the package? Well, individual decide themselves like how Maige users decide themselves...

chinkt

Reaction score
Is there a user manual for the UBTV apps other than the quick setup manual that is in the box?

How to get the TV channels listing for the available stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.