Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Singleton

Reaction score
If I transfer 50k in after the account open, still can get the $200?

After 6 months or earlier, get the $200, i transfer $40k out, still can get the step up interest, as my understanding is that the available balance must be $10k min?

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I transfer 50k in after the account open, still can get the $200?

After 6 months or earlier, get the $200, i transfer $40k out, still can get the step up interest, as my understanding is that the available balance must be $10k min?

Transfer money out then step up counter will reset. Minimum you need to wait until your counter is 6 before you do any withdrawal.

chuanz

Master Member
Reaction score
I think I saw somebody posted up-thread the T&C that need to maintain $50k for 6 months min (to keep the $200).

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How come your side so good 1... jialat man... i went to check at Jurong east branch today, I ask the xmm staff can help me to expedite anot.
Told her I open the account at tiong bahru branch, she help me to call the staff there to check the status but in short, still have to wait for the mailer envelope after talking to the tiong bahru branch staff. :( ...the citi bank xmm ask me urgent anot, tempted to tell her I rugi 1 week interest. :(:o:(

The tiong bahru branch staff ask so many questions somemore, monthly income, company name etc. :(:(:( may becos I am a new customer... so cannot open the account on the same day

ps: no chiobu there also...

Do I need to open another esaver account too? Will it be instant?

no idea why like that lei...if i were you, i would have just opened another account at jp and wait to cancel that tiong bahru account if it ever gets created

esaver is instant..but now fresh funds pegged to jan and not feb adb so maybe no need to transfer fresh funds and can use current esaver?

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought maxigain is a savings acct? why did they send me a cheque book today? crap got so many cheque books liao hard to track

magnesium1

Reaction score
i thought maxigain is a savings acct? why did they send me a cheque book today? crap got so many cheque books liao hard to track

It's a current account with cheque book and atm/debit card features.

You can tell them that you dun want it when they fill up registration form. I thought the staff will ask your preference when you opened new account ?

Sent from the research lab without using GAGT

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a current account with cheque book and atm/debit card features.

You can tell them that you dun want it when they fill up registration form. I thought the staff will ask your preference when you opened new account ?

Sent from the research lab without using GAGT

i got confused with the name maxigain savings account i guess.

she didn't ask about preference, just asked me to sign on a blank form and she will fill up the rest since i am an existing citi customer. i went back and realised i dont even know what was the maxigain acct number when i logged in to ibanking to do a fast transfer

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got confused with the name maxigain savings account i guess.

she didn't ask about preference, just asked me to sign on a blank form and she will fill up the rest since i am an existing citi customer. i went back and realised i dont even know what was the maxigain acct number when i logged in to ibanking to do a fast transfer
Citi ibank dont show the full account number right?

I need to call CS to get the complete number for me.

Singleton

Reaction score
no idea why like that lei...if i were you, i would have just opened another account at jp and wait to cancel that tiong bahru account if it ever gets created

esaver is instant..but now fresh funds pegged to jan and not feb adb so maybe no need to transfer fresh funds and can use current esaver?

I got ask the je branch xmm can re- open a new one but she ask me to wait for the mail since i got open it at tiong bahru branch...

Now still waiting for the mail, the staff also mention will give me a debit card n cheque book when she ask me i want anot..then i blur bur say ok ..:(:s22:

In short once i got the account setup, i transfer 10k then only can do top up, cannot do any withdrawal within 6 months, after 6 months(counter 6) can do withdrawal but maintain 10k min balance

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score

Why so troublesome..if dont have the full account number how to do the FAST from other bank...:s11::s22::(

Me new citi bank customer...:(

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
upon opening at the branch, there shld be a piece of document that shows the account number that the staff shld pass u

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

true...initially i called to find out which last 4 digits belonged to the maxisave acct haha

then i had to ask for the complete account number in order to do a fast transfer

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
upon opening at the branch, there shld be a piece of document that shows the account number that the staff shld pass u

yeah, this was what i meant earlier...i blur blur signed the blank form and left and only realised when i tried to do a fast transfer later in the day that i needed the account info.

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why so troublesome..if dont have the full account number how to do the FAST from other bank...:s11::s22::(

Me new citi bank customer...:(

you should receive the bank documents or cheque book showing the acct number..

for citi interbanking, they just show the last 4 digits on the screen

Crimsom

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah lao dont want my business ah?

apply via filling up the online form on sunday. til now 4 business days already nobody bother to call me.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah lao dont want my business ah?

apply via filling up the online form on sunday. til now 4 business days already nobody bother to call me.

Same thing happened to me. They are either too popular or they don't care. I will probably head down to a branch soon to get it done, as long as before March ends I can get a counter :)

eDisFieD

Master Member
Reaction score
For all the Maxigainers here, just curious that you guys prefer this product over UOB One/OCBC 360/BOC Smartsaver is basically because Maxigain doesn't require to do anything (payment or spending) to get at least 2% (hopefully)?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.