EDMW Knife Collectors

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
Any1 have knife to recommend? Looking towards europe knives that didnt touch america yet(great quality at low prices before they landed). Loves my viper ten. So preferbly blade with center spine and bevel at 2 side

What kind of European folders are you looking at? Is it the modern folders or the traditionals?

Stevejobless

Reaction score
page not found....:s22:

but it's good news for those who want to learn more. nothing beats practice with some guidance.

Just search for Sheares Technology fb page. Yes I do need some real world guidance on the correct way to sharpen. Most of my current method is self learned and may be doing it wrong on at least a few areas.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Just search for Sheares Technology fb page. Yes I do need some real world guidance on the correct way to sharpen. Most of my current method is self learned and may be doing it wrong on at least a few areas.

these days, youtube has so many videos - everyone sharpens differently. I still think a belt sander system is best - but too dusty, and too expensive for now. I prefer to spend 2 minutes or even 20 minutes rather than 2 hours. I know some guys spend 10 hours reprofiling something on their EP or WE systems.

I don't know if SHeares still offers this, but 20 years ago, they used to offer 2 or 3 resharpening jobs when you bought a knife from them.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
this looks fun. wonder if anyone has tried it...the stereotypical characters are quite amusing to watch :)

Last edited:

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score

Stevejobless

Reaction score
yes, he is sharpening those supersteels like S125V and Vanadis 10 on his Tormek. Andrey Birryukov S125V -more than 12000 cuts!

Only the crazy Russians are dedicated enough to test edge retention like that. Must have a lot of patience.

zzcisapro

Reaction score
Jus spoiled the asthetic of my zt 0450. But after reprofiling it from 17 to 20 degrees, it hair popping.
Currently looking for a cheap zt0450. Really loved the knife. But please be cheap.
If any1 nid tips on sharpening s35v, u can pm me
ONE FINAL NOTE. NEVER TRY 17 DEGREES WITH A LANSKY SYSTEM ON A SMALL KNIFE LIKE 450.
Gonna sand paper away the secondary bevel and try to fix the 17 degree bevel ba.
Sigh

zzcisapro

Reaction score
What kind of European folders are you looking at? Is it the modern folders or the traditionals?

Had a viper ten. Super impressed with the blade finish. Though the cf handle have some gaps, which makes it seems more unique to my taste.
Looking towards knife of similar design. I think it should be considered modern design ba?
European knife seems to be known for their quality, but they dont like to do publicity like american ones( my opinion), making them more unique? Haha.
Wanna try more of it, but dont know where to start.
Btw. I think viper knives seems to be hand assembled and sharpened.
I got 1 from urbantoolhaus and the carbon fibre and opening is too sticky, so they sent me another. The blade edge is very different and the cf handle is also different. U all should give viper a try

widget

Reaction score
Jus spoiled the asthetic of my zt 0450. But after reprofiling it from 17 to 20 degrees, it hair popping.
Currently looking for a cheap zt0450. Really loved the knife. But please be cheap.
If any1 nid tips on sharpening s35v, u can pm me
ONE FINAL NOTE. NEVER TRY 17 DEGREES WITH A LANSKY SYSTEM ON A SMALL KNIFE LIKE 450.
Gonna sand paper away the secondary bevel and try to fix the 17 degree bevel ba.
Sigh

Urban is selling 0450 for $219, which is still cheaper than the US retail price with enforced 20% MAP discount.
Unless you try the second hand market at BF or JD, and still have to pay for the shipping charge.

I'm waiting for them to bring in the 0450CF

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score
Had a viper ten. Super impressed with the blade finish. Though the cf handle have some gaps, which makes it seems more unique to my taste.
Looking towards knife of similar design. I think it should be considered modern design ba?
European knife seems to be known for their quality, but they dont like to do publicity like american ones( my opinion), making them more unique? Haha.
Wanna try more of it, but dont know where to start.
Btw. I think viper knives seems to be hand assembled and sharpened.
I got 1 from urbantoolhaus and the carbon fibre and opening is too sticky, so they sent me another. The blade edge is very different and the cf handle is also different. U all should give viper a try

So I guess it's modern European folders.

Finland - EnZo
France - Bastinelli
Italy - Lionsteel, Viper, FOX
Germany - Boker, HK (Benchmade)

zzcisapro

Reaction score
Urban is selling 0450 for $219, which is still cheaper than the US retail price with enforced 20% MAP discount.
Unless you try the second hand market at BF or JD, and still have to pay for the shipping charge.

Maybe if someone letting a 450 go, i can get an even better deal. Haha

zzcisapro

Reaction score
So I guess it's modern European folders.

Finland - EnZo
France - Bastinelli
Italy - Lionsteel, Viper, FOX
Germany - Boker, HK (Benchmade)

Hmm. Are you all into smaller brands? Boker seems to have quite a quality control issue recently right?

squarebox

Reaction score

ZT prices here are controlled by Sheares Technologies.

squarebox

Reaction score
Hmm. Are you all into smaller brands? Boker seems to have quite a quality control issue recently right?

ZZcisapro, dont worry about the bevels. Just enjoy the knife as a user.

For newbie sharpeners, you should google the factory degree of the brand before sharpening.

FYI:
Spyderco - 30~35
Benchmade - 40
Zero Tolerance - 36~40

Most production knives are default 40 degree(20 per side).

Shikiwaru

Master Member
Reaction score

Depends on where it is produced and what models. The Kwaikens generally have good QC although they're made in China because it is their cash cow. The Germany-made Bokers are all okay as far as I know.

Also, I haven't tried their knives yet, but I've heard nothing but good about their warranty.

widget

Reaction score
ZT prices here are controlled by Sheares Technologies.

I'm aware of that.
I was referring to the enforced 20% discount MAP to American retailers on ZT's products.

But as zzcisapro mentioned he bought his knife from urbantoolhaus, I think he is in the right track already :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.