The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

jemtxy

Reaction score
would anybody be able to tell me the difference between Hoya "hilux" and "nulux" ? went over to JB KSL Berlian, gotten a quote for my lens to be made for 600rm ( cos need to custom make my astigmatism 1 side is 2.5) then was told is "hilux" 1.67.

Went over to city square MOG optical, was quoted by 1 lady 1200rm for "hilux" 1.67 ( custom make also, but no idea why the price was twice as exp). Followed by Focus Point optical, quoted me 607rm for "nulux" 1.67 w/80% anti-scratch coating. And the Focus Point guy told me "nulux" is straight lens while "hilux" is slightly curved.

Do need advice if any experts here =D thank you!!

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i feel those nerdy round round frame look nice but dun suit most ppl face.. i see any tom dick harry also wear... look like super goondoo and dun suit at all

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro you no tell us how you get the 50% off that time you post your pic of glasses

Some glitch.. anyway tell liaoz also no use no more 50% now.. but if u buying oakley or rayban i know recently there is a price decrease.;)

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4se342.jpg
[/IMG]

just got it frame only..... need go get my lens fixed soon

got prada dior etc, all marked down sales.... dont know do hoya lens singapore better or JB

jemtxy

Reaction score
4se342.jpg
[/IMG]

just got it frame only..... need go get my lens fixed soon

got prada dior etc, all marked down sales.... dont know do hoya lens singapore better or JB

bro u can gather some info from ur side of opticians in sg while i do mine at woodlands area. perhaps can exchange since i went to CS and KSL to inquire abit regarding the prices :)

Amigogo

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone tried the OOPPA eyewear shop in JB city square?

concept like SG's owndays

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My toddler grabbed my spectacles and threw it on the floor numerous times. Yesterday, the frame broke. I immediately bought a hingeless frame online so that my lenses can be reused.

Anyone knows roughly how much the optical shop will charge if I bring my own lens and frame for it to assemble into one for me?

My budget is $20. Enough?

kediraksith

Banned
Reaction score
Hi folks, I also digging more information for Hoya... I wanted to block pc light so I guess Blue control feature is a need....

Then i see simi remark, hilux, nulux... do these go together with blue control? then i see simi anti scratch thing also.... Head giddy liao...

Btw I was quoted $250 for frame and hoya lens with blue control... is that cheap or expensive? Queensway shopping enter

lionelfoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
guys... just bought a frame from optical 88 WH last week.... need an advice...... what lens do you all recommend me to get?

Hoya? Carl? or Crizal

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I also digging more information for Hoya... I wanted to block pc light so I guess Blue control feature is a need....

Then i see simi remark, hilux, nulux... do these go together with blue control? then i see simi anti scratch thing also.... Head giddy liao...

Btw I was quoted $250 for frame and hoya lens with blue control... is that cheap or expensive? Queensway shopping enter

i think ok price given that i was quoted for hoya lens with blue coating for 200+, which mean your frame should be quite cheap

kediraksith

Banned
Reaction score
okay after shopping for a few days, i've found out more info..

Basically Im looking for Hoya Lens with blue control, or PC lens...

I now believe the frame at Queensway is indeed cheap ones. Most shops i go to, and it seems there's a standard retail pricing coz all shop price same for hoya lens...

$180 for 1.5, 300deg, blue control.
$260~$280 for 1.6 aspheric blue control...

Then i was highlighted that Hoya came out new lens called the HVPLL or something... extra durable or something...

$480 1.6 blue control... dun have lower for blue control liao...

Would to ask what you guys will do?

Whack $500 for a new hoya lens?
Whack $300 for a old hoya lens?
Whack $300 for owndays?

Actually what's the deal with tag huer okaley specs ah? Why so TMD ex?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.