saw black fri got people shipped over amazon fire tablet for sgd$7.98
paperwhite should be about same

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
somtime amazon really like to ship with big boxes
latest ordered 1 bag the box volumetric tio 5.5kg
heng after the 65 free repacking become 2kg
or else going to pay extra 3.5kg money $28 just to ship over a box that i will throw.:s22:

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
or else going to pay extra 3.5kg money $28 just to ship over a box that i will throw.:s22:

Can't blame Amazon. I bought a bagpack off newegg before and it also arrived in a gigantic box. It seems that it's their policy not to fold those bags.

So, bag buyers beware.

anson0181

Reaction score
Beware repacking service from 65

I did an experiment comparing comGateway vs 65Daigou, shipping 2 identical parcels (each containing 9 items in paper boxes) ordered from Amazon USA. Both orders were placed on the same day. In fact I placed the order to ship to 65Daigou 15 minutes or so before placing the order to ship to comGateway.

Duration to reach Oregon warehouse
(Both warehouses are in Oregon. Don't know why there's a difference in arrival. Maybe comGateway warehouse in bigger city?)
comGateway: 11 days
65Daigou: 12 days

Item weight before repack: 4kg (comGateway)
Weight after repack: 2.6kg (65Daigou)

Cost of shipping
comGateway: USD 39+ (can use credit card, and earn miles)
65Daigou: SGD 36+ (including 3% insurance) (use DBS iBanking. Didn't want to pay 3% CC surcharge)

Duration of shipping after arrival at warehouse
(I waited for both orders to arrive at their respective warehouses, then on the following Saturday, place order to ship to Singapore, to see which company works on Saturdays :) )
comGateway: 7 days (standard shipping)
65Daigou: 11 days (only 1 choice)

Tracking of parcels from USA to singapore
comGateway: Yes (DHL)
65Daigou: No

HORRORS!

The item from 65Daigou was delivered in a THIN PLASTIC bag, with the 9 paper boxes held together by SCOTCH TAPE, and the boxes crushed, everyone of them. I could not remove the scotch tape without tearing the surface off, and had to leave remnants of the scotch tape on the box. A truly ugly sight.

comGateway had wisely left the amazon cardboard box as it was, even though I had given them permission to repack. All the paper boxes inside were in pristine condition.

Will I ship using 65Daigou again, to save the SGD 15-20? Probably not.

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
I did an experiment comparing comGateway vs 65Daigou, shipping 2 identical parcels (each containing 9 items in paper boxes) ordered from Amazon USA. Both orders were placed on the same day. In fact I placed the order to ship to 65Daigou 15 minutes or so before placing the order to ship to comGateway.

(Both warehouses are in Oregon. Don't know why there's a difference in arrival. Maybe comGateway warehouse in bigger city?)

Cost of shipping
65Daigou: SGD 36+ (including 3% insurance) (use DBS iBanking. Didn't want to pay 3% CC surcharge)

(I waited for both orders to arrive at their respective warehouses, then on the following Saturday, place order to ship to Singapore, to see which company works on Saturdays :) )

HORRORS!

The item from 65Daigou was delivered in a THIN PLASTIC bag, with the 9 paper boxes held together by SCOTCH TAPE, and the boxes crushed, everyone of them. I could not remove the scotch tape without tearing the surface off, and had to leave remnants of the scotch tape on the box. A truly ugly sight.

comGateway had wisely left the amazon cardboard box as it was, even though I had given them permission to repack. All the paper boxes inside were in pristine condition.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HORRORS!

actually what do you buy? as gifts?
i think for which forwarder to use also depending what we buying and what the values of the item and how much 'risk' we want to take.
for the rate 65dg is charging comparing to cgw, i dont expect too much 'service' from them also. :o
their repacking is 'Free' too so i was expecting them to take out the content and plastic wrap it then put inside a plastic bag and ship.
for me i dont mind the packing box so long item inside no damage. after all the box i will throw also.

cwg sgd$56 vs 65dg sgd$36
diff sgd$20
cwg about 55% more expensive
actually that quite alot if comparing in percentage :o

i used before vpost, cgw, 65dg. so far all ok, so my main concern is the cost.
i just shipped 65dg for a pair of shoe which cost me sgd$20 to ship, cgw will cost me about sgd$55 which is $35 or 175% more expensive. i think shoe dont need much 'protection' also but if buying laptop maybe got to think again.

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HopShopGo%20Shipping_zpsmn1qthlh.jpg

N

Reaction score

Cost of shipping

HORRORS!

if we take a step back and think about this. if we know the item is fragile we usually don't ask for repack. if we ask for repack and they do nothing we usually get upset because we paid for it. So i think 65 did their job because you request.

repack is usually only for items you know it is ok to get crushed, but now we prioritize saving money plus we expect them to be more "intelligent". So perhaps CGW is more high class service that thinks on our behalf at 30% extra if you are happy to pay.

it boils down to our expectation :)

Last edited:

FishandWater

Reaction score
Does anyone know

1) Currently is it only 65Daigou support Abercrombie purchase?

2) Does Superdry have the same policy as Abercrombie ( As in wont ship to forwarder)
Or can we use just purchase directly and ship to forwarding company?

Last edited:

sputnikfire

Reaction score
Any existing 65daigou promos/coupons?

First time using them, hopefully everything goes well. I have previously used VPost, CGW and Borderlinx eons ago. I actually like CGW, but find them pricy.

VacheronLim

Reaction score
for 65daigou, if using "ship for me" services do I need to pay agent fee?

if yes, it means declaring lower product value will be recommended (provided user doesn't care about buying insurance etc)? since agent fee is a percentage of the product value, so high value means paying higher agent fee ><

trax06

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't blame Amazon. I bought a bagpack off newegg before and it also arrived in a gigantic box. It seems that it's their policy not to fold those bags.

So, bag buyers beware.

This is true for bags. Bought one frm UK via post got charged over 100$ haiz shld have just shipped via the site itself.

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any existing 65daigou promos/coupons?

First time using them, hopefully everything goes well. I have previously used VPost, CGW and Borderlinx eons ago. I actually like CGW, but find them pricy.

not that i know of currently.

early last mth and/or end feb they had free agent fee for their buy-for-me service. it was quite shiok, i bought a lot of stuff, went on a shopping spree...:spin:

silverstone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for 65daigou, if using "ship for me" services do I need to pay agent fee?

if yes, it means declaring lower product value will be recommended (provided user doesn't care about buying insurance etc)? since agent fee is a percentage of the product value, so high value means paying higher agent fee ><

nope, dont need. agent fee is only for their buy-for-me service.

if using ship-for-me, just declare the amount that u pay to the merchant/seller.

GearFour

Reaction score
If I want to ship something from Amazon, like a kindle, do I need to use comgateway? Can I just use Amazon shipping? What advantages do I have if I use comgateway?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.