Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally got myself the im02's as well! Comply foam seems to be working well for me so far (were on complys on my SE215). the free cable they gave HDC1is doesn't actually add to audio quality right?

AT-HDC1is is not an upgrade cable, it is just the default cable that comes with your IM02 model but additionally gives you remote controls/mic capability on top of it. Good for smartphone usage for making those voicecalls.

If you are looking for an upgrade cable option, can try the AT-HDC5 which is Audio-technica's official upgrade cable for the whole IM series line-up. I like it quite abit with the IM02 since I am using this model too, it certainly does wonders for female vocals as well but just take note they can be alittle sibilant in the upper-mids/lower treble on certain mainstream/badly-recorded studio tracks.

took the plunge, hooted it at the IT show today! I like it, more details and clearer on the vocal side but lose on bass. Unlike the "fun" factor that my SE215 gives me.

BTW anyone know if shure olives fit on im02? the silicon like not very good leh.

Regarding ATH-IM02 vs SE-215, the former's bass presentation certainly lies more on the linear/balanced side if you ask me, this is from my years of listening exp with studio-reference grade gears such as the CD900ST headphones as well as the EX800ST in-ears by Sony. SE-215's tonal presentation is more on the V-shaped side, thus giving you the idea that it is fun-sounding, but in terms of resolution detail and soundstage depth/width spaciousness, definitely does not hold a candle to the IM02's for sure.

On another note, V-shaped sounding iems are IMHO very common on the market these days, so I do not see any value in owning the SE-215's by Shures at all. If you are looking for something fun-sounding to complement those IM02's, I would suggest checking out Knowledge Zenith iems, or some of Zero Audio iems. A simple search via Head-fi should yield you with some further topic discussions abt them.

By the way concerning yr question, Shure Olives do not fit the IM02 because the tube nozzle diameter of the IM02 are thicker and wider, so they will not fit.
You might wish to give JVC Spiral dots a try or for a more fuller-heftier bass response, Comply TS-500 series foam tips would do wonders for this iem model. I am particularly more fond of the JVC Spiral dots in terms for the IM02 as I usually do not like overbloated bass response, prefer a more linear-sounding bass response for my listening preference.
:o

Bathtub81

Reaction score
Anyone who has jvc spiral dot MS or S size willing to let go pls let me know. sg only has M size I doubt I can wear..

Lerx98

Reaction score
Hi guys, is there any local store that sells the ath-m50x? Or is it better to purchase online? Thanks

lunarsong

Reaction score
Hi guys, is there any local store that sells the ath-m50x? Or is it better to purchase online? Thanks

Stereo, ConnectIT and Jaben (just to name a few) has physical shops

And what do u mean by purchasing online and from which source?

TzuyuLove

Banned
Reaction score
Ath a500x ART series rike lacking in bass reh

Sounds nice when hearing instruments but modern songs sound normal

Can satki audiophiles teach how to appreciate, wad files to play on it

xDragon

Reaction score
Ath a500x ART series rike lacking in bass reh

Sounds nice when hearing instruments but modern songs sound normal

Can satki audiophiles teach how to appreciate, wad files to play on it

The ART series has always been known for their anaemic bass wad, if you expect to play pop or edm you should've bought something else imo :(

xDragon

Reaction score
**** mens...

moi newbie

:(

Well, you can't just ask people what you should appreciate bah. But my 2cents, ART series cans generally excel in female vocals and orchestral pieces. The vast soundstage coupled with forward mids and sparkly treble also makes it good for gaming, I'm not a fan of closed cans though. Just don't expect large quantities of bass la enjoy!

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can't aomment about the A500X, the A900X LTD I'd just recently gotten is pretty good. Agree that female vocals shine, and for a closed back can, it does have a pretty good soundstage. Bass, while not abundant in quantity, it does have a tight and controlled bass. Quite good series imho.....AT does have some very good entry to midfi open and closed cans.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had the Audio Technica ATH-SPORT4 but the fit is not as good as ATH-SPORT3 and it keeps falling out of the ears.

Anyone using ATH-SPORT4 also encounter the same issue?

Dreammusic

Reaction score
I had the Audio Technica ATH-SPORT4 but the fit is not as good as ATH-SPORT3 and it keeps falling out of the ears.

Anyone using ATH-SPORT4 also encounter the same issue?

Fitting depends on ears therefore always good to audition them in store before buying. My ears could fit the Sports 4 but they are not the most comfortable ones.

edwinz

Reaction score
Saw MSR 7NC at the airport today... Was very close to pulling the trigger. Was temporary mesmerized by the comfort and noise masked out by the Bose qc25(just putting it in without music.. Wow was the silence and comfort experienced.) and my memories of my mx40 being too tight on my head.

If NC is decent and noise quality is comparable to my AKG 7xx.. I might buy and sell off my 7xx.. Hmmm

failblogdotorg

Reaction score
anyone replaced their IM series pins before at ubi? my im04 pins just broke when I removed the cables and the warranty's run out a week ago... wonder how long is their turnover time and cost...

myzzy1

Reaction score
where to change m50x leather ah? mine peeling like siao liao 2 year old set.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.