Headphones weight

intrance

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys..

Im looking to get my first over the ears headphone..

im intend to back a project on kickstarter.
This is because of it dual open and close system.

But somehow my only worry is the 340g weight.. Im not sure if it too heavy to put on my head for long.

Appreciate if any of you share your thoughts

Dreammusic

Reaction score
Hi guys..

Im looking to get my first over the ears headphone..

im intend to back a project on kickstarter.
This is because of it dual open and close system.

But somehow my only worry is the 340g weight.. Im not sure if it too heavy to put on my head for long.

Appreciate if any of you share your thoughts

Its not all about weight but also weight distribution and how they design the headband etc.

artyboy

Reaction score
I have a headphone that weighs 650gm but weight is not an issue because the weigh is quite evenly distributed, 3/4 of the weight is resting and "clamped" onto the sides of your head while covering your ears. Your listening posture is another factor, weight is not an issue when you're lying on the couch/bed or reclining on a sofa. But the weight is more apparent if you're listening while seated at your desk or while lying on your stomach.

intrance

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a headphone that weighs 650gm but weight is not an issue because the weigh is quite evenly distributed, 3/4 of the weight is resting and "clamped" onto the sides of your head while covering your ears. Your listening posture is another factor, weight is not an issue when you're lying on the couch/bed or reclining on a sofa. But the weight is more apparent if you're listening while seated at your desk or while lying on your stomach.

650gm? woahhh...

if the weight distribution is correct, say.. using for 2-3 hrs, it should be ok right? not feel tired especially on the neck..

artyboy

Reaction score
650gm? woahhh...

if the weight distribution is correct, say.. using for 2-3 hrs, it should be ok right? not feel tired especially on the neck..

If you are going to be listening for long hours I'm sure you'll be doing so in a relaxed position/posture so weight isn't an issue. It only is if you're listening while seated upright at your computer table/work desk. My headphone is much heavier than yours and I have slipped discs health issues (upper spine below the neck) so if I'm doing fine you should be doing even better ;)

intrance

Master Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your health.. hope you recover soon..

understood...
many thanks bro

Last edited:

artyboy

Reaction score
Thanks, not a major affliction no worries.
Don't worry about weight, you'll be too busy enjoying the music!
It's one of the heaviest headphones around.....

IMG-20151114-WA0030_zpsydlb6dut.jpg

Dreammusic

Reaction score
Thanks, not a major affliction no worries.
Don't worry about weight, you'll be too busy enjoying the music!
It's one of the heaviest headphones around.....

IMG-20151114-WA0030_zpsydlb6dut.jpg

Nice rig you got there. Audeze could really improve on their headband design for added comfort as well as durability for their drivers.

artyboy

Reaction score
Nice rig you got there. Audeze could really improve on their headband design for added comfort as well as durability for their drivers.

Thanks, I just got the iFi iCan SE Class A 4watt amp and am very pleased with it, just pity that it's not portable. Yes the Audeze headband/strap is a bit lacking in the padding and the metal frame/gimbal doesn't inspire confidence in durability either. But the earcup pads are very comfortable and alleviates the weightiness somewhat. At least the drivers have a 3 year warranty.

DSC_1738_zpswiibuvae.jpg

intrance

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys...
between leather and velour earpad.. which better in humid weather like singapore? I want to bring the headphone out..
i read that leather will warm your ears.. but i want to hear from the experience of you guys..

Your opinion pls..

artyboy

Reaction score
hi guys...
between leather and velour earpad.. which better in humid weather like singapore? I want to bring the headphone out..
i read that leather will warm your ears.. but i want to hear from the experience of you guys..

Your opinion pls..

I never tried headphones with velour pads, only leather. Yes it does get warm after some time, especially in a non-aircon environment. This is especially true for over-the-ear headphones. On-ear headphones will have less of this problem.

intrance

Master Member
Reaction score
I never tried headphones with velour pads, only leather. Yes it does get warm after some time, especially in a non-aircon environment. This is especially true for over-the-ear headphones. On-ear headphones will have less of this problem.

i guess.. using in the bus or mrt should be ok..
at home might have prob.. fan does not help i think..

ok bro.. thank you..

artyboy

Reaction score
i guess.. using in the bus or mrt should be ok..
at home might have prob.. fan does not help i think..

ok bro.. thank you..

Yes I used in the bus quite regularly, no issue. At home with fan instead of aircon you do feel the warmness after a while, but its not a big issue to disrupt your listening enjoyment.

dancingqueen

Reaction score
Thanks, I just got the iFi iCan SE Class A 4watt amp and am very pleased with it, just pity that it's not portable. Yes the Audeze headband/strap is a bit lacking in the padding and the metal frame/gimbal doesn't inspire confidence in durability either. But the earcup pads are very comfortable and alleviates the weightiness somewhat. At least the drivers have a 3 year warranty.

DSC_1738_zpswiibuvae.jpg

Naise set-up! Got it locally?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.