[Maylyn's Review] ASUS RT-AC3200 Router

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Troubleshooting for a friend living in Opposition GRC. Singtel 1G subscriber black ZTE ONT. Speed test never exceed 500M at home. Bring to Starhub and M1 1G subscribers home and test can hit at least 800M. Got Singtel involved and they discovered some compatibility issues with the 2 routers I mentioned with ZTE. Something to do with the chipset the routers used. Waiting for updates later this evening.

Maybe it's the ont that is faulty lor..

Update us bah! Will be curious to know the findings too.. :D

keewee0415

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's the ont that is faulty lor..

Update us bah! Will be curious to know the findings too.. :D

ONT not faulty. Singtel technician brought along their Aztech router to try. Can hit up to 900+M consistently. We plug in a notebook directly into the ONT also can hit 900+M consistently in Speedtest. Only thing we have not tried is connect to a Singtel Alcatel ONT ourselves. We do not know anyone who subscribes to 1G Singtel line and have Alcatel ONT installed at home.

Last edited:

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
ONT not faulty. Singtel technician brought along their Aztech router to try. Can hit up to 900+M consistently. We plug in a notebook directly into the ONT also can hit 900+M consistently in Speedtest. Only thing we have not tried is connect to a Singtel Alcatel ONT ourselves. We do not know anyone who subscribes to 1G Singtel line and have Alcatel ONT installed at home.
which plan?

i using 1Gbps Home Fibre. is his 1Gbps Unlimited Fibre?

keewee0415

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, unlimited. Any other Singtel Unlimited Plan users having the same issue with this router or the Netgear Nighthawk? My friend requested Singtel to swap out his ZTE ONT for the more recent Alcatel but was turned down by Singtel. The reason being the region where he stays is served by ZTE-based infrastructure and Alcatel ONTs are not fully compatible with the network infrastructure there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just bought a 20 bucks cooler master laptop cooler to be placed below this router. Anyone else having this configuration too? The router does get pretty hot.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, unlimited. Any other Singtel Unlimited Plan users having the same issue with this router or the Netgear Nighthawk? My friend requested Singtel to swap out his ZTE ONT for the more recent Alcatel but was turned down by Singtel. The reason being the region where he stays is served by ZTE-based infrastructure and Alcatel ONTs are not fully compatible with the network infrastructure there.

I'm using unlimited fibre and had ac3200 previously, also no problem leh.. first time hearing ont and router will have a misfit.. :D

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 20 bucks cooler master laptop cooler to be placed below this router. Anyone else having this configuration too? The router does get pretty hot.

same, i have a cheap laptop cooler below the router, the USB is plugged into the router

VanSaim

Reaction score
NEWS FLASH.

For Singtel Residential Users who are subscribing to internet service above 500M, please DO NOT use this router if you home ONT is ZTE.

Singtel engineers have identified compatibility issues between their ZTE infrastructure and the RT-AC3200 router, causing internet speed to peak at only 3-400M upload and download. Another router affected is the Netgear Nighthawk X6. Engineers are testing out these 2 routers with their Alcatel ONTs to confirm compatibility.

We should have more updates by end of today.

I don't recall. There are older ZTE that will not work with 1Gbps Fiber even though the ZTE port is 1Gbps.

I guess some of the residents may still be using the older model.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't recall. There are older ZTE that will not work with 1Gbps Fiber even though the ZTE port is 1Gbps.

I guess some of the residents may still be using the older model.

Hello bro.. ZTE only got one model which singtel has been using all along, though there are multiple hardware revisions as stated underneath the equipment.

So far from what I know, Ericsson, ZTE and alcatel were used. Got older ZTE device meh?

E_DEAD

Reaction score
Anyone encounter the router using lastest asus firmware, where by it will hanged after the router running for estimated 1 to 2 weeks ?

A upon power cycle resttingthe router it's resume back.

keewee0415

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello bro.. ZTE only got one model which singtel has been using all along, though there are multiple hardware revisions as stated underneath the equipment.

So far from what I know, Ericsson, ZTE and alcatel were used. Got older ZTE device meh?

I am not so sure about the ZTE ONT versions used. What we understand from Singtel is that the area where my friend stays was a pilot rollout of a certain ZTE infra-network. However, the infra did not work to their satisfaction so they did not deploy the same technology to other parts of Singapore. Thereafter its mainly Alcatel infra. The area where he stays is mainly condo and landed properties, near the scene of the brutal murder of a father and son by an ex-cop.

ov2rey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
[Beta] RT-AC3200 Firmware version 9.0.0.4.380.2695

[Beta release]
Security Related
- Modified the access rights of account mode and share mode to asusware.platform path when lighttpd server is enabled. (Très Acton at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence)
- Modified the access rights to specific port of UPnP server. (Thanks to Acton)
- Updated lighttpd server version to 1.4.39 (Thanks to Tommi)
- Restriced access from wan method to enhance security. (Thanks for David)
- Changed SSH and Telnet default access interface.

New Features
- Supported auto dynamic port changing of UPnP server when ports conflict.
- Supported more ASUS Router App new features
- Added traffic analyzer

Bug fixed
- Fixed the GUI issue for reboot scheduler
- Fixed httpd/ Telnetd/ SSH restart issue after LAN address changed

Download: Click Here

atlantistm

Reaction score
Does nobody actually use an external HDD for Media Server ?
I only have this problem?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.