Bank of China: Family Rebate Visa Platinum Card

SCG8866T

Reaction score
Wondering how much is the fee to change to the new card with nets FP function.

I called ler. Its $20. No need to waste money to change to the atu one. There are better rebates out there for ATU. Just use this for the 7.5% dinning rebate.

hogrider88

Reaction score
thanks for checking. wahpiang $20 for a nfp card is too exp!

anyway, if we dont change a new card, the new rebate system will be effectively frm 17 apr right? or 1st may?

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I called ler. Its $20. No need to waste money to change to the atu one. There are better rebates out there for ATU. Just use this for the 7.5% dinning rebate.
Are there cards that give more than 5.5% rebate for NETS FP ATU?

Currently, we cant use BOC credit card to sign up for NETS-FP ATU. But will it change on 17th APr?

ice_angel

Reaction score
Are there cards that give more than 5.5% rebate for NETS FP ATU?

Currently, we cant use BOC credit card to sign up for NETS-FP ATU. But will it change on 17th APr?

Usually the bank cc has pre-configured the ATU to itself, no action need to be done at our part (except maybe activation of the FP). If you are asking abt using other FP card to ATU from BOC cc, we will find out on 17 Apr..

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one qns, the $500 min amt can be chucked up with the main card + supp card right?

more3cm

Reaction score
I called and asked if I apply now, can give me the card after 1 May so that the card comes with NFP? CSO said can, just put a note in the application form

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually the bank cc has pre-configured the ATU to itself, no action need to be done at our part (except maybe activation of the FP). If you are asking abt using other FP card to ATU from BOC cc, we will find out on 17 Apr..

Agree with u. Frank and UOB ONE NFP rebates are nerded.

I am trying to remove the ATU so I can try on BOC. Hope it is not for preconfigured cards only and we can register on our own.

ice_angel

Reaction score
Agree with u. Frank and UOB ONE NFP rebates are nerded.

I am trying to remove the ATU so I can try on BOC. Hope it is not for preconfigured cards only and we can register on our own.
I would think that can register BOC cc as ATU source for another FP card? Logically yes, as this is controlled by Nets.

Would there be FP rebates if ATU to another Fp card from BOC cc? That's entirely up to BOC. Each bank will hv record of the corresponding FP no. associated with the cc. Just that they want to do the checking or not..

benlau1

Reaction score
(v) 5% cash rebate on Selected Merchants

“Selected Merchants” means transactions made at Best Denki, BIG BOX with the assigned MCC 5411 - Grocery Stores and Supermarkets, MCC 5712 - Furniture, Home Furnishings, and Equipment Stores, MCC 5732 - Electronics Stores and MCC 5912 - Drug Stores and Pharmacies, POPULAR Bookstore, Toys ‘R’ Us, Unity Pharmacy and Watsons in Singapore (except for retail stores in school, roadshow, expo and events);

Actually I am quite confused with the above...Doesn't "MCC 5912 - Drug Stores and Pharmacies" include Watsons and Unity as well? So is Guardian included for the rebate? Guardian should be listed under "MCC 5912 - Drug Stores and Pharmacies" as well?

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
(v) 5% cash rebate on Selected Merchants

“Selected Merchants” means transactions made at Best Denki, BIG BOX with the assigned MCC 5411 - Grocery Stores and Supermarkets, MCC 5712 - Furniture, Home Furnishings, and Equipment Stores, MCC 5732 - Electronics Stores and MCC 5912 - Drug Stores and Pharmacies, POPULAR Bookstore, Toys ‘R’ Us, Unity Pharmacy and Watsons in Singapore (except for retail stores in school, roadshow, expo and events);

Actually I am quite confused with the above...Doesn't "MCC 5912 - Drug Stores and Pharmacies" include Watsons and Unity as well? So is Guardian included for the rebate? Guardian should be listed under "MCC 5912 - Drug Stores and Pharmacies" as well?

Just the selected stores.
Best Denki
Big Box
Popular Bookstore
Toysrus
Unity Healthcare
Watsons

benlau1

Reaction score
Just the selected stores.
Best Denki
Big Box
Popular Bookstore
Toysrus
Unity Healthcare
Watsons

Thanks!!! So how I should read that para is to ignore all the MCC codes and just focus on the names of the selected merchants..

kitkat2

Reaction score
Hope it is not for preconfigured cards only and we can register on our own.

Even if the bank doesn't restrict, Nets has to allow too. Right now, Nets accepts ATU from a limited number of credit cards.

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would think that can register BOC cc as ATU source for another FP card? Logically yes, as this is controlled by Nets.

Would there be FP rebates if ATU to another Fp card from BOC cc? That's entirely up to BOC. Each bank will hv record of the corresponding FP no. associated with the cc. Just that they want to do the checking or not..

Wrong. Bank cannot see the ATU top up transaction is for which card per transaction. They can ask NETS for it but it is a huge hassle. That is why they limit by transaction count.

VacheronLim

Reaction score
minimum spent for this card to be eligible for the 7% dining & 5% groceries (based on the new promotion taking effect 17 April), will still be at $500?

sandwicher

Reaction score
http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA5MjEwMTA4Mw==&mid=401459137&idx=1&sn=6a984dd8298ed6c090bcf976f90b5bc4#rd

Check this out.

c) Additional Cash Rebate

Principal Cardmember who qualifies for Family Cash Rebate will be awarded a 2% cash rebate (“Additional Cash Rebate”) for all spend (excluding spend categories on Dining, Supermarkets, Hospital bills, NETS FlashPay ATU, Selected Merchants and Telecommunication bills and purchases that earn Family Cash Rebate) charged to his/her Supplementary Card(s) if a minimum aggregate amount of S$200 is charged to such Supplementary Card(s) for each billing cycle in a calendar quarter (as set out below) (“Calendar Quarter”).

I'm wondering, is this aggregate amount of $200 charge to sup charge ON TOP OF the $500 to be spent by Principal and/or Sup card? I'm struggling with their English here.
Also, is it correct to say the 2% additional reward is only applicable to Principal card spend that falls out of the Family Cash category? (Sup card "other spend" attracts no 2% reward.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.