 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

sriramsg

Reaction score
Will tis card work with apple pay?

no a prepaid AMEX card will not work

An “eligible American Express Card” means an American Express Consumer, Small Business or Corporate credit or charge Card that is not cancelled and that is issued to you by a subsidiary of American Express. Prepaid cards and products are not eligible. For American Express-branded cards issued by other financial institutions, please contact your issuer to see if they participate in Apple Pay.

(from amex statement)

chris888222

Reaction score
no a prepaid AMEX card will not work

An “eligible American Express Card” means an American Express Consumer, Small Business or Corporate credit or charge Card that is not cancelled and that is issued to you by a subsidiary of American Express. Prepaid cards and products are not eligible. For American Express-branded cards issued by other financial institutions, please contact your issuer to see if they participate in Apple Pay.

(from amex statement)
Damn. Now I can only hope that this Amex collab will stir interest amongst local banks.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Apple Pay in Australia will not work with bank-issued amex cards at launch.

That means there is a chance that amex bank cards such as DBS Black or Altitude will not work here as well.

Haiz, mine is a dbs amex. Guess it won't work here. :(

i-Movies

Reaction score
any idea when ApplePay will be officially available in Singapore without changing phone region to US?

tec_geek

Reaction score
any idea when ApplePay will be officially available in Singapore without changing phone region to US?

Supposedly to be this year but not sure when. However, the cards and banks will be limited to a few and the local banks isn't in the list so far.

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
" the motive behind releasing the iPhone 5se is to cater to existing iPhone 5 or earlier users who dislike the bigger screen sizes of the iPhone 6/6 Plus family. Hence, Apple hopes to entice these users to upgrade by retaining the same screen size while updating its specs to support future software upgrades."

Posted in article in HWZ, Wah Liao so much cock and bull horse ****, if really want to retain form factor and size but up the specs how come camera which is one of the major upgrade of 6s never ported over to 5se but instead ported NFC?! Simple! Cost as these phones are meant for Low cost yet still Apple branding for emerging Markets! And why bother so much? Cos Apple is try to capture the Apple Pay market versus Samsung Pay which bringing it to all high mid and Low tiers of Samsung phones.

Come on at least Samsung is honest about its Motivies which is much more I can say about Apple's horse ****!!

I know it's not HWZ fault but as an am editor could you at least analysis the story before posting unless it's a paid advert from Apple.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung Pay will come to Singapore later this year, DBS, OCBC Bank and Standard Chartered Bank will be among the banks here offering the payment solution. Samsung is also partnering with American Express, MasterCard and Visa, to bring Samsung Pay to Singapore consumers in 2016.

So far Apple officially announce with Apple Pay in Singapore using American express only, our cashless system rollout is really slow.

Last edited:

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
anybody hear anything from the Apple event earlier about Apple Pay coming to SG?

like never see or hear anything. I think Apple Pay may launch together w Apple Store.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple Pay or not doesn't bother me, a phone's a phone, I use it for surfing, WA, FB, and chatting/calls.

All these nifty little features, I hardly use anyway.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody hear anything from the Apple event earlier about Apple Pay coming to SG?

like never see or hear anything. I think Apple Pay may launch together w Apple Store.

Nope no news yet. Amex will be bringing in Apple Pay to SG first though.

chris888222

Reaction score
I wonder what's taking Apple so long considering how fast Samsung pay is progressing.

But knowing Apple, they are more committed to their services... So I remain hopeful.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.