The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungrybirds91

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm (a guy) new to hair care & hair styling & would like to seek advice from the experts here to embark on this exciting journey.

About me: I'm not too certain about my hair type. It's more on the thicker, straight spectrum. However, it's pretty dry, a little frizzy on the ends since I haven't been taking care of my hair😑

I've got a few questions for a start:

1) What are some quality Shampoo , Conditioners recommendations for my hair type?

2) About the Sulphates - Is it better to stay away from them?
Does it matter since Shampoo works similarly by removing dirts & oils through cleansing?

3) A quality Hairdryer to invest in that will last, with the ionic, tourmaline etc technology?

4) thinking of starting Dry Shampoo routine , any recommendations for this as well?

5) any other hair tips you guys might have for me?

Thanks.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm (a guy) new to hair care & hair styling & would like to seek advice from the experts here to embark on this exciting journey.

About me: I'm not too certain about my hair type. It's more on the thicker, straight spectrum. However, it's pretty dry, a little frizzy on the ends since I haven't been taking care of my hair��

1) What are some quality Shampoo , Conditioners recommendations for my hair type?

Does it matter since Shampoo works similarly by removing dirts & oils through cleansing?

3) A quality Hairdryer to invest in that will last, with the ionic, tourmaline etc technology?

4) thinking of starting Dry Shampoo routine , any recommendations for this as well?

Thanks.

1) either off the rack or if you're willing, professional shampoo but prepare to pay premium. There are alot and most popular here last time is the kanebo vogue. I can't tell you what is good for you. You just gotta try and see which suits you best.

2) not sure about that but those I use I don't think have any sulphate.

3) any professional hair dryer. Can try babyliss. It's cheaper than better than off the rack braun and Philips one. It has ion, ceramic and all the professional features with a slim nozzle for styling.

4) just wash your hair everyday if you don't want to smell like crap. We are in Singapore. It's humid and we sweat alot.

5) just shampoo whenever needed. What the any moh say. Don't listen. It doesn't work in our context.
imagine you sweat and stuff, then use dry shampoo. omg will die sia.
whatever style you wanna do, buy the first product that you think suits you, try it. if it does, jackpot. if it doesn't, find out why, what is lacking in the product that you actually need.
then keep searching.
there's no point for us to tell you what to buy because what works for us, don't exactly works for you.
hair products is a very personal thing.

slowly find, i am sure you will find something that suit you.
and when the time comes that you're bored of it, then be adventurous and start playing with different products.

Last edited:

Collectible

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody can recommend a good hair stylist near bedok area? Etc siglap, tampines? Need it today, can't travel as I need to ot, so I have to find one nearby.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

About me: I'm not too certain about my hair type. It's more on the thicker, straight spectrum. However, it's pretty dry, a little frizzy on the ends since I haven't been taking care of my hair�

Thanks.
Sulphates don't cause harm at the levels used. They are the most efficient cleansers too, even those that doctors prescribe will contain them. Don't buy in to hype marketing.

Hairdryer I find use for both high wattage pro dryer and low wattage household one. High wattage to dry fast and style before gg out, low wattage for silent midnight drying after coming back.

Dry shampoo can use, but as a routine is abit.... Dry shampoo doesn't clean ur hair btw... It jus makes it feel less dirty. Very efficient at providing volume too, esp if ur hair is flat due to grime. The normal brand batiste works great.

Sent from Samsung GT-N7105 using GAGT

nguyen207

Reaction score
Anyone knows about mane n tail shampoo? Trying to grow my hair and prevent hair loss but still haven't found any suitable shampoo or hair treatment. :(

crunsik

Reaction score
Guys, is there a product out there that holds really really well, yet relatively easy to wash off?

I'm using a gold digger now, I find the hold to be moderate at most.

I ride a bike and I need a product which could style my helmet hair well and I could bring it around.

Appreciate it.
hey bro have u found the alternative to gd? eg Dynamite Clay, ebl Clay and Clay pomade Baxter??

mattmms

Reaction score
My current favourite combination

-OS Fashion Sea Spray
-Morris motley treatment styling balm
-Power Point Feeling Finishing Spray (optional)

After my initial dislike with MM couple months back & ended up using it purely as pre-styling only , I recently begun to try it out again. This time with OS Fashion Sea Spray. This time round It felt smoother to apply on the hair as compared to when I last style it was with By Vilain Sidekick & was tugging my hair.
I am now amazed at what a great product MM is.
The hair achieves this amazing fullness & thickness effect, firm yet remaining extremely palpable, matt & healthy looking.
Basically very awesome.
DC is still good but now MM is so much better & healthy & easier to wash out as well.
Although price is double of DC, it is still very worth it since I don't spam a lot for my kind of style. A smear or two & it is more then sufficient. My DC still left 1/4 after close to 1 year of use.

Basically OS & MM worked very well together for me.

So what is your current favourite combination?

Ahhh so the secret could be sea salt spray. I have been using the Sidekick and MM combination. I find that it is a bit difficult to spread into the hair and yes, tends to tug at the hair too.

Will try out sea salt spray then and see how it works out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.