Imagine AMEX Prepaid Card

StealthShadow

Reaction score
Wow, looks like i'll stick with PC then.

Also realised this is a decent petrol card. 22% off SPC petrol (7% rebate + 10% SPC card + 5% Amex). Even better than POSB everyday, if you zhun zhun pump $85 of petrol every month ($85 = about $72 with all the discounts) .

For those who spend about $70+ on petrol every month, can consider buying one card just for petrol.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, looks like i'll stick with PC then.

Also realised this is a decent petrol card. 22% off SPC petrol (7% rebate + 10% SPC card + 5% Amex). Even better than POSB everyday, if you zhun zhun pump $85 of petrol every month ($85 = about $72 with all the discounts) .

For those who spend about $70+ on petrol every month, can consider buying one card just for petrol.

70+ is per month is for bike ? hmmm , u tried paying with this card alr?

StealthShadow

Reaction score
70+ is per month is for bike ? hmmm , u tried paying with this card alr?

i don't drive every day. but nothing's stopping you from buying 2 imagine cards :D

yes, tried and tested. pumped $50, paid $42.50 with Imagine. Need me to update you when the rebate comes in? :D

of course, need to factor in cost of the card... rebates for the first 3 months go towards the cost of the card. But if you can use it for 1 year straight, you get an effective 5.25% rebate rate. Use 2 years become 6.125%, etc.

Last edited:

StealthShadow

Reaction score
hm... the promo was renewed before, hope it continues to be renewed! Don't see too many Imagine cards around so there's hope :D

xxxjhxxx

Master Member
Reaction score
What happened to the fevo prepaid thread? Know its not relevant but did anyone manage to add prepaid card as payment method for grabtaxi/grabpay?

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what the hell man, can't top up with app, can't top up in Chrome, but can top up in Firefox :s22: :vijayadmin:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what the hell man, can't top up with app, can't top up in Chrome, but can top up in Firefox :s22: :vijayadmin:

Try clearing the cookie in your chrome, restart and try again.

I was able to top up using Chrome after I cleared my cookie

w4rdsg

Reaction score

I have Chrome, Firefox and Safari on my Mac and just rotate through them until I find one that works.
Worst banking site ever.

benlau1

Reaction score
BAD NEWS

===================================================

Dear Imagine Card Members,
Thank you for supporting the EZ-Link Imagine American Express Prepaid Card. We regret to inform you that we will be discontinuing the sale of the Imagine Card on 24 March 2016 and its acceptance on 1 September 2016.
For your convenience, here’s a summary of the key dates to note:
SALES OF THE IMAGINE CARD:
Sales of the Imagine Card will stop on 24 March 2016.
REBATES PROGRAM:
The rebates program (7% on American Express purse and 2% on ez-link purse) will stop on 15 April 2016. Rebates will be given for eligible spend made by 15 April 2016, 11.59pm and credited into your American Express purse by 15 May 2016.
TOP-UP SERVICE:
You can continue to top-up via the website and mobile app for the American Express purse on the Imagine Card until 31 May 2016, 11.59pm.
CARD USAGE:
If you have a remaining balance in the American Express purse, you have to utilise the remaining balance by 31 August 2016, 11.59pm. After this date, the Imagine Card will no longer be accepted at American Express merchants.
The Imagine Card can still be used as an ez-link card for transit purposes until the expiry date. For more information, please refer to the FAQs.
BALANCE REFUNDS:
From 1 August 2016, you can request for a refund of the balance stored value in the American Express purse of your Imagine Card by submitting the Balance Refund Form available when you login to your account. During the refund period from
1 August 2016 to 30 November 2016, the Imagine Card submitted for refund must either be valid or within one month of the expiry date.
Imagine Card Members with EZ-Reload service will be contacted separately on the necessary procedures to terminate
EZ-Reload service tied to their card.
If you have further enquiries, you can visit the FAQs or contact our EZ-Link hotline at (+65) 6496 8300 from 8am to 6pm daily (except public holidays).
Thank you for your support once again.

=====================================================

Last edited:

laurent_rio

Reaction score
BAD NEWS

===================================================

Dear Imagine Card Members,
Thank you for supporting the EZ-Link Imagine American Express Prepaid Card. We regret to inform you that we will be discontinuing the sale of the Imagine Card on 24 March 2016 and its acceptance on 1 September 2016.
For your convenience, here’s a summary of the key dates to note:
SALES OF THE IMAGINE CARD:
Sales of the Imagine Card will stop on 24 March 2016.
REBATES PROGRAM:
The rebates program (7% on American Express purse and 2% on ez-link purse) will stop on 15 April 2016. Rebates will be given for eligible spend made by 15 April 2016, 11.59pm and credited into your American Express purse by 15 May 2016.
TOP-UP SERVICE:
You can continue to top-up via the website and mobile app for the American Express purse on the Imagine Card until 31 May 2016, 11.59pm.
CARD USAGE:
If you have a remaining balance in the American Express purse, you have to utilise the remaining balance by 31 August 2016, 11.59pm. After this date, the Imagine Card will no longer be accepted at American Express merchants.
The Imagine Card can still be used as an ez-link card for transit purposes until the expiry date. For more information, please refer to the FAQs.
BALANCE REFUNDS:
From 1 August 2016, you can request for a refund of the balance stored value in the American Express purse of your Imagine Card by submitting the Balance Refund Form available when you login to your account. During the refund period from
1 August 2016 to 30 November 2016, the Imagine Card submitted for refund must either be valid or within one month of the expiry date.
Imagine Card Members with EZ-Reload service will be contacted separately on the necessary procedures to terminate
EZ-Reload service tied to their card.
If you have further enquiries, you can visit the FAQs or contact our EZ-Link hotline at (+65) 6496 8300 from 8am to 6pm daily (except public holidays).
Thank you for your support once again.

=====================================================

Very Sad to hear this, after this means need to move to M1/Fevo mastercard who charge 1% top up fee and 0.25$ ATU EZ Link fee

oakhub

Reaction score
What!!!!! I just bought this card at mid-night. Didn't know that they were going to discontinue the card. Wasted $10 card fee & $3.50 registered mail. I'm going to call in to cancel the transaction.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.