A short visit to UE Irvine Office

mymymy92

Master Member
Reaction score
for all the UE fan boys out there (maybe only machi di di).

nlatdtc.jpg

entrance of the UE building

k8OQkFf.jpg

3D printing machine. time efficient method as it is able to print a number of shells at one go. (secret behind UE fast turn around time)

wiJTgvq.jpg

3D printed shells. can see they are trying to experiment with fully filled shell here as well. the fallback of 3D printing technology now is limited color choice.

T26tfNw.jpg

place for the traditional method of creating the shell by making cast of the impression.

zt7XYTS.jpg

AQb3OOP.jpg

station where the color dyes are made.

nRFpION.jpg

0kZWyxd.jpg

preparing the faceplates.

mymymy92

Master Member
Reaction score
DfXegd9.jpg

EPjljZa.jpg

printing of the engravings on the UE case.

KVPZpqF.jpg

udwEQMe.jpg

machine that prints the special designed artwork. can only print one at a time. thus they are looking for new technology that allows them to print more at one go.

2ETE9v2.jpg

building the configurations of the drivers and its placement inside the custom shell so that the sound won't go off.

n4n3jVN.jpg

station to check that the drivers are working properly and the proper sound is achieved. after the drivers had been placed inside the custom shell.

mymymy92

Master Member
Reaction score
hic0y2f.jpg

the 3D impression taking machine.

OTyP80t.jpg

zuL5ivm.jpg

1izCfr3.jpg

UE cases and packaging over the years.

QmS3WKt.jpg

umh1SZC.jpg

the ipad demo set up. that allow you to demo all the models using just one iem.

mymymy92

Master Member
Reaction score
some short thoughts of the models (note this is using the ipad demo, and i believe the actual model might sound differently)
UE4Pro - nothing sounds wrong on this. very easy to pick up and listen to. slighty narrow soundstage.
UE5Pro - sounds relatively veiled to me.
UE7Pro - very balanced sounding. can hear the presence of bass, mids and highs. mids is slightly forward sounding compared to the other frequencies.
UE11Pro - too much bass/low for my liking. overall presentation is abit muddy and slow.
UE18Pro - sound signature is somewhat similar to UE7Pro + greater soundstage and details articulation.
UERR - the sounds feel dead and flat on the ipad demo. very different from the actual UERR demo i heard. the sound is as if somebody has tuned down all the EQ settings to the lowest. whereas on the actual UERR demo mids and highs were more spectacular with great sense of space and openness, however bass was slightly fast and hence i felt the notes layering slightly falls short, especially in the lower end.

and i ended up ordering one model. guess which was it.

mymymy92

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah cool leh...
where got cool.
Don you have a link for latest V-shape IEM, I don't one UE900s :(
tf10/dunu 2000/rha t20 are some v-shape iem i can think of. if you want custom maybe can try aaw a3h/ue5pro/jh5pro/noble 3 (also available in universal)
Did u have to make an appointment or special request to visit ?
i didn't make an appointment but did tell them over at canjam that i will be dropping by on monday (but no specific time mentioned). so i guess should be able to just drop by to visit.
you buy UE7 Pro right. :s42:

Anyway you go which uni for exchange?

UCLA? :look:
jin satki. guess correct. i not reference enough to hoot uerr.

ucb.

bunnypangsai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many bottles of resin ard. Satki.

where got cool.

tf10/dunu 2000/rha t20 are some v-shape iem i can think of. if you want custom maybe can try aaw a3h/ue5pro/jh5pro/noble 3 (also available in universal)

i didn't make an appointment but did tell them over at canjam that i will be dropping by on monday (but no specific time mentioned). so i guess should be able to just drop by to visit.

jin satki. guess correct. i not reference enough to hoot uerr.

ucb.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.