3 of Singapore's Most Popular High-Quality In-Car Camera Brands - BlackVue, iRoad & ThinkWare

Eric A Blair

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I was looking fervently for a high quality in-car camera with parking mode and last lasting power solution that's available in Singapore.

Just to share some of the complied infomation from my reading up on the three leading brands that's commonly available and seen at the quarterly IT shows in Singapore:

a. BlackVue
b. iRoad
c. Thinkware

PS: Welcome to share other brands, models and prices the cams are currently going for.

Eric A Blair

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BlackVue

Flagship Model - DR650GW-2CH
- Oldest flagship model in the market, first appeared in 2013
- Most established brand, meaning strong R&D and regular firmware updates via the air
- Good power management system (power magic & celllink battery packs for continuous night recording), ensures car battery won't be run flat during the parking mode and prematurely damaged in the long-run.
- Average Cameras - Sony 2.4 megapixel 1080p (front) / 1 megapixel 720p (rear)
- Narrow Viewing Angle - 129-degrees

- Best Features:
+ Only car-cam with cloud function i.e. can view car-cam live-feed from home or anywhere via the clouds.
+ Has built-in super-capacitors that allows for the final several seconds of vital recording in severe crashes where the car's power is cut off at point of impact

Price:
- $568 for Front & Rear set
- $150 installation charge (big car)
- $100 for power magic
- $238 for cellink B3 / $328 for cellink B6

Eric A Blair

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iRoad (by Corvit)

- Flagship Models - T10 & V9 (V7 is the older model)
- Most popular and cheapest hi-end brand.
- Has firmware updates via the air
- Built-in car power management system; previous models had heating and power draining issues.
- 2016 models supposedly uses low-power chips and better heat-management system (haven't seen 2016 reviews yet)
- Excellent Cameras - Sony 2.4 megapixel 1080p (front) / Sony 2.4 megapixel 1080p (rear) [T10 & V9, V7 has a 720p rear camera)
- Widest Viewing Angle
T10: 155-degrees
V9: 142-degrees
V7: 132-degrees
- iRoad models is also known to have wifi interference issues with the cell-phones 4G/3G

Best Features:
+T10 has in-built LCD, convenient feature after parking mode to check on recorded video if an event happened during parking time.

Price:
T10: $470 with installation
V9: $350 + $50 installation
V7: $250 + $50 installation

Eric A Blair

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ThinkWare

Flagship Model - F750 & X500 (with 2.7" LCD screen)
- Flagship model first appeared in 2015
- Established brand and regular firmware updates via the air
- Good power management system, ensures car battery won't be run flat during the parking mode and prematurely damaged in the long-run.
- Average Cameras - Sony 2.19 megapixel 1080p (front) / Option of 720p or 1080p (rear)
- Narrow Viewing Angle - 140-degrees

Best Features:
+ Got Speed Cameras location alert (frequent updates via air) and Road Safety Warning System.
+ Has built-in super-capacitors that allows for the final several seconds of vital recording in severe crashes where the car's power is cut off at point of impact

Price:
- $558 for Front camera (FS750) / $548 for Front camera (X500)
- $200 for Rear 1080p camera (X500) / $150 Rear 720p camera (X150)
- $70 installation charge
- $70 for external GPS

Archuke

Master Member
Reaction score
.....$60 worth car camera can do the job liao. got g-sensor, motion sensor all. enough already....

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got pricing based on dunno simi sauce somemore :eek:

In before peepo start asking for contacts n fell for the shop advertising in disguise :o

Eric A Blair

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got pricing based on dunno simi sauce somemore :eek:

In before peepo start asking for contacts n fell for the shop advertising in disguise :o

Bro, mai an ni kuang leh.....

Moi ish called up different shops or search online forums and past IT show brochures to gather these current prices one leh because I'm keen to get a good set. Some sauces are even here in HWZ too; you can go search for them yourself.

I benefited from some very detailed reviews here. So since I already did my homework liaoz, thought can gather and share my info with everyone here and for posterity sake, so newbies next time like me now can compare with their prices then.

For example I know the V7 started at $199 the year before, then went up to $300 last year and now $250 or so can get already. How I know? Because other conscientious forumers posted their reviews and prices for me to read up. Maybe not all 100% accurate, but at least indicative mah.

Somemore these are competitor brands leh, the brands itself will not authorize any one shop to install all the different types; at least I have not come across one that do.

So if you got anything constructive or positive to share here, you're most welcome. But no need come here say wind-breezy words leh......

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol honestly ur info is too neat and proper liao
It doesnt look like sharing but rather a research project for student or advertising
Got installation charges somemore :eek:

Actual sharing thread doesnt look like this one :o

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
Lol honestly ur info is too neat and proper liao
It doesnt look like sharing but rather a research project for student or advertising
Got installation charges somemore :eek:

Actual sharing thread doesnt look like this one :o

Don't be so negative lah. Give the guy a chance. Tiagong sharing is caring. :o

joncnobody

Reaction score
awesome info! drivers in singapore should really consider getting this devices to back them up for any unforeseen circumstances!

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
awesome info! drivers in singapore should really consider getting this devices to back them up for any unforeseen circumstances!
Agreed!!
Great effort for putting down the details in even.

Likewise, drivers please do do your homeworks(unless really lazy and want to tap-into TS's source) else please go around to compare still).

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
BlackVue has overheat issues resulting in flared lens.
Itronics is a better alternative.

Genesisz

Master Member
Reaction score
BlackVue has overheat issues resulting in flared lens.
Itronics is a better alternative.

I have used Itronics for the last 4 years and just switched to Iroad this year.

I seemed to experience power cut with my Itronics even though I have tried to adjust the setting.

Eviltrap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have used Itronics for the last 4 years and just switched to Iroad this year.

I seemed to experience power cut with my Itronics even though I have tried to adjust the setting.

I'm still getting into issues with my Itronics which I had just installed together with a power magic. My cameras were from my previous car.

Usually the front camera will cut off occasionally when the engine cuts off when the car comes to a stop due to engine start/stop. Not sure whether the rear has the same issue as I only upload my front camera videos to my PC. I do notice some missing time frames when I review the video.

But I do know the front camera switches on and off as the front one is the SP version, so the annoying korean lady voice will always come one when it stops and then later start. :s13:

Since the car is new, so shouldn't be a battery issue, right?

Last edited:

SeiferOfRCC

Reaction score
.....$60 worth car camera can do the job liao. got g-sensor, motion sensor all. enough already....

I agree! IMHO, all the atas car dash cameras are so ridiculously expensive. You just need a camera to capture videos that you can use in an accident, not trying to shoot some national geographic documentary. Last time, I was using a camera bought from Qoo10 for only $48 and it was able to record 1080 FHD @30fps. The camera served me flawlessly for over 3 years, and I don't have funny issues like need to format SD card every month.

Recently changed car and "upgraded" to the blackvue DR650GW-1CH...regretted big time. The camera is always giving me overheating issue and it will hang halfway, to the extent that I don't dare to use parking mode anymore. Really a waste of money.

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
In my opinion, the important capability of a in-car camera is it must capture the license plates of other cars clearly when on the move. This is especially useful in hit and run incidents. :)

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, mai an ni kuang leh.....

Moi ish called up different shops or search online forums and past IT show brochures to gather these current prices one leh because I'm keen to get a good set. Some sauces are even here in HWZ too; you can go search for them yourself.

I benefited from some very detailed reviews here. So since I already did my homework liaoz, thought can gather and share my info with everyone here and for posterity sake, so newbies next time like me now can compare with their prices then.

For example I know the V7 started at $199 the year before, then went up to $300 last year and now $250 or so can get already. How I know? Because other conscientious forumers posted their reviews and prices for me to read up. Maybe not all 100% accurate, but at least indicative mah.

Somemore these are competitor brands leh, the brands itself will not authorize any one shop to install all the different types; at least I have not come across one that do.

So if you got anything constructive or positive to share here, you're most welcome. But no need come here say wind-breezy words leh......

So which one did u choose after such extensive research? :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.