Bank of China: Family Rebate Visa Platinum Card

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. "Combined spend from Principal and Supplementary Cards is allowed for purposes of the award of the Base Cash Rebate or Family Cash Rebate."

Great, then if wanna buy other category stuff, best is use sub card?

wisely98

Reaction score
For those who are current holders of Family Rebate Card, if you want to change it to the new one that can earn rebate for NETS FlashPay Auto Top-up (“ATU”), you need to pay $20 for the replacement, as confirmed by the CS. Also the new card will only be available from 1st May onwards

Last edited:

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who are current holders of Family Rebate Card, if you want to change it to the new one that can earn rebate for NETS FlashPay Auto Top-up (“ATU”), you need to pay $20 for the replacement, as confirmed by the CS. Also the new card will only be available from 1st May onwards

What if those who apply after may? Will get free new card?

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the old version. I think i will apply for a supp card, hopefully can get the new version.

tranceaty

Reaction score
Yea. CSO say so. Too bad I already have the card, so need pay $20 for the new card. Can request for new card in 2nd week of April.

Sorry if I'm wrong... I heard so many in this forum who wish to pay to get the new card with NFP function, but can i verify that, to enjoy the new rebate system, the old card is also applicable, am I right?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm wrong... I heard so many in this forum who wish to pay to get the new card with NFP function, but can i verify that, to enjoy the new rebate system, the old card is also applicable, am I right?

Yes old card can get all the rebates except nfp.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea. CSO say so. Too bad I already have the card, so need pay $20 for the new card. Can request for new card in 2nd week of April.

i called in last week or so they say card still new so no info, so now they told u already ah. So should i apply mid of april, or may then apply ?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i called in last week or so they say card still new so no info, so now they told u already ah. So should i apply mid of april, or may then apply ?

You can always call in again to get another data point.

rerear

Reaction score
anyone managed to get a calendar-month-like billing cycle for this card, or the Shop card eventually?

sandwicher

Reaction score
Yea it is $20 per billing cycle, need min $200 "other spend" on supplementary cards in calendar quarter.

I've read it many times, the criteria seems to be $200 of supplementary card spend, not $200 'other spend' in sup cards to qualify.

Just that upon spending $200 in sup card, the 2% applies only to the 'other spends'

That's right, right?

expert128sg

Reaction score
I received a mailer from BOC looking for people to pay their Tax to IRAS via BOC CC.

Rates differ depending on which installment u take up.

24-month is 1% for BOC cards and 0.8% for Family Card

You stand to earn $50 Taka Vouchers. Catch, you have to pay min. $4,888.

What I want to ask is, do I earn rebates for using the card on tax liability?

I am thinking that 0.8% of $4,888 is $39 and I earn $11 (Theoretically), but of course if I still get to earn Family card rebate, den the deal will be much sweeter.

So the qns is, will I still be entitled to rebates from Family card?

winguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he probably meant boc $0.25 is 0.5%, not including nets $0.25

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.