SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

idjekyll

Reaction score
It is reflected on my ns portal that I only have to complete 19 instead of 20 RT sessions. Anyone knows why?

Boltstorm

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm required to go for RT this year. If I go and take SAFRA ippt and pass, does that mean I'm exempted from RT already?

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe if you are already required to go for RT, then you can only take it on the 8th RT session.

YYS1995

Reaction score
I am intending to take my IPPT (NS-Men here) at SAFRA soon, does anyone know if you can listen to music while running on the treadmill?

chirppy

Banned
Reaction score
I wont pass my ippt and hence can i just approach the PTI during push up station and ask him to put 0 for me?

DJNOUT

Reaction score
IPPT at Safra Tampines

Guys, I need information in regards of Safra IPPT test(3 test). Do you know how the system if I took at Safra Tampines? Is it machine detector for sit-up or is it the old one type? How many instructor will be there for the sit-up?

jeffthepotato

Reaction score
RE: IPT Questions

Hi there, first time posting here because there are some things that I'm unsure with the new IPT system.

1. So the old system used to be 10 IPT and then 8 RT if you did not pass your PPT standards. However I was reading up on the new system and the Annex D (couldn't post link)

Q14: What are the changes to the IPPT Preparatory Training (IPT)?
Ans: The IPT programme will continue to be available to NSmen who need help with IPPT training. Participants will be able to exit the progamme upon meeting their Personal Performance Targets (PPTs). To better recognise the efforts put in by NSmen to train for IPPT, service pay for IPT programme will be accorded to all NSmen with effect from 1 Apr 2015. NSmen who complete the requisite 10 sessions of IPT within the IPPT window but fail to meet PPTs will no longer be subject to 8 sessions of RT. To motivate NSmen to participate in as many IPT sessions as they can, NSmen who did not complete the IPT will be subject to 20-D sessions of RT in the next window, where D is equal to the number of IPT sessions that the NSmen have participated in, in the preceding 12-month window. NSmen who default IPT will be liable for 20 sessions of RT during their 12-month RT window.

So it writes here that if I complete my 10 IPT sessions by my birthday window e.g my birthday was 1 July 2015 so I I clear 10 sessions of IPT by 1 July 2016, I clear my IPPT obligations for this window? So the next window 1 July 2016 to 1 July 2017, it will be the same process e.g pass IPPT or go for IPT but without the 8 RT sessions?

2. Just a quick question, so the current window is 12 months right? Because 9 months is almost up and I hope I got the information right.

3. I'm thinking of IPT in the Park because of location issues and the parks seem closer. So a few questions: do they count towards your IPT sessions and if yes, what's the IPT in the Park like e.g process, training type and durations?

Once again, thank you. It's really hard to be sure of the new system because there's a lot of conflicting information and outdated information around.

wongminmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there, first time posting here because there are some things that I'm unsure with the new IPT system.

1. So the old system used to be 10 IPT and then 8 RT if you did not pass your PPT standards. However I was reading up on the new system and the Annex D (couldn't post link)

Q14: What are the changes to the IPPT Preparatory Training (IPT)?
Ans: The IPT programme will continue to be available to NSmen who need help with IPPT training. Participants will be able to exit the progamme upon meeting their Personal Performance Targets (PPTs). To better recognise the efforts put in by NSmen to train for IPPT, service pay for IPT programme will be accorded to all NSmen with effect from 1 Apr 2015. NSmen who complete the requisite 10 sessions of IPT within the IPPT window but fail to meet PPTs will no longer be subject to 8 sessions of RT. To motivate NSmen to participate in as many IPT sessions as they can, NSmen who did not complete the IPT will be subject to 20-D sessions of RT in the next window, where D is equal to the number of IPT sessions that the NSmen have participated in, in the preceding 12-month window. NSmen who default IPT will be liable for 20 sessions of RT during their 12-month RT window.

So it writes here that if I complete my 10 IPT sessions by my birthday window e.g my birthday was 1 July 2015 so I I clear 10 sessions of IPT by 1 July 2016, I clear my IPPT obligations for this window? So the next window 1 July 2016 to 1 July 2017, it will be the same process e.g pass IPPT or go for IPT but without the 8 RT sessions?

2. Just a quick question, so the current window is 12 months right? Because 9 months is almost up and I hope I got the information right.

3. I'm thinking of IPT in the Park because of location issues and the parks seem closer. So a few questions: do they count towards your IPT sessions and if yes, what's the IPT in the Park like e.g process, training type and durations?

Once again, thank you. It's really hard to be sure of the new system because there's a lot of conflicting information and outdated information around.

10 ipt session only and u're cleared for that work year.
Yes, IPT - 12 months
Park is counted...but don't have different groups. run few rounds then do circuit training for 1hour.....then 15mins for inpro, outpro, warm-up, cooldown.

jeffthepotato

Reaction score
10 ipt session only and u're cleared for that work year.
Yes, IPT - 12 months
Park is counted...but don't have different groups. run few rounds then do circuit training for 1hour.....then 15mins for inpro, outpro, warm-up, cooldown.

Thanks very much for your help!

idjekyll

Reaction score
I wont pass my ippt and hence can i just approach the PTI during push up station and ask him to put 0 for me?

You still have to do but if you cannot do anymore then just stop. Cisco pti won't be so on as to ask you to push. Cannot means cannot mah.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am unsure about the new system. My bday falls in Sep, and my last and final ICT is this coming May. My unit mentioned last year that there will be not ICT-IPPT starting this ICT (more for the newer guys).

So I am aiming to take my IPPT after the ICT as the work year closes next year March, as I understand.

In the event that I fail my IPPT, do I still need to complete RT? Am a bit confused.
My RT window will be from Sep 2016 to Aug 2017, and the MR date is expected to be at 31st March 2017.

Thanks!

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't need to go for RT. Your name should be in the MR list a week or 2 in Apr 17.

idjekyll

Reaction score
Hi,

I am unsure about the new system. My bday falls in Sep, and my last and final ICT is this coming May. My unit mentioned last year that there will be not ICT-IPPT starting this ICT (more for the newer guys).

So I am aiming to take my IPPT after the ICT as the work year closes next year March, as I understand.

In the event that I fail my IPPT, do I still need to complete RT? Am a bit confused.
My RT window will be from Sep 2016 to Aug 2017, and the MR date is expected to be at 31st March 2017.

Thanks!

Congratulations on your MR status. You've made it!:s12:

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i miss the IPPT session that i booked but im still within my IPPT window, will anything happen?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.