Koh Lipe

yralclary

Reaction score
Just want to share my experience in Koh Lipe. The place is very beautiful, the beach is still clean and the water is clear. A good spot for diving and snorkelling. Fresh seafood and it is reasonably priced. It is a hidden gem and is still not very popular yet.

Travelling there:
Air Asia (Singapore to Langkawi) -> Langawi Airport -> Taxi -> Telaga Terminal (5 to 10 mins drive) -> Ferry -> Koh Lipe

I will post photos once I have reached my 100 posts. Anyone been there before? :s12:

weekhiang

Master Member
Reaction score
Just want to share my experience in Koh Lipe. The place is very beautiful, the beach is still clean and the water is clear. A good spot for diving and snorkelling. Fresh seafood and it is reasonably priced. It is a hidden gem and is still not very popular yet.

Travelling there:
Air Asia (Singapore to Langkawi) -> Langawi Airport -> Taxi -> Telaga Terminal (5 to 10 mins drive) -> Ferry -> Koh Lipe

I will post photos once I have reached my 100 posts. Anyone been there before? :s12:

Ferry ride how long ah ?

KardBoard

Reaction score
Really nice place. Ferry tix to Lipe from telaga quite ex about 100 sgd to and fro.but remember to collect your passport from Thai immigration when you reach at immigration booth.

angelmiao

Reaction score

Travelling there:

set a blog :)

KardBoard

Reaction score
the nearest for me is thru Langkawi and 1 hour ferry ride to get there.for me it's safe.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
I am going there next month! Super excited that I can strike off one of the places on my bucket list. Accommodation is super expensive with $50+ for mix dorm, $80+ above for ensuite bathroom with no ac and no hot shower. Got to comb every OTA and those not listed on OTA ones, I managed to find a $80+ with ac and hot shower but it's not at beachfront.

Any recommended activities or places of interest to (view point ect) go? It was a super last min decision and my schdule is quite hectic now. So many thanks if you can share your experience.

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am going there next month! Super excited that I can strike off one of the places on my bucket list. Accommodation is super expensive with $50+ for mix dorm, $80+ above for ensuite bathroom with no ac and no hot shower. Got to comb every OTA and those not listed on OTA ones, I managed to find a $80+ with ac and hot shower but it's not at beachfront.

Any recommended activities or places of interest to (view point ect) go? It was a super last min decision and my schdule is quite hectic now. So many thanks if you can share your experience.

just be careful of the sea urchins there! lots of them round the island! no joke!

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
just be careful of the sea urchins there! lots of them round the island! no joke!

yeaaa seems like they are all over in Thailand's island destination. Some times they are hard to see and sits on a coral, people don't know will stand on it and kena poke high :o

Btw, you went before right? Is there any coffee shops that I can sit down and chill?

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeaaa seems like they are all over in Thailand's island destination. Some times they are hard to see and sits on a coral, people don't know will stand on it and kena poke high :o

Btw, you went before right? Is there any coffee shops that I can sit down and chill?

i cannot recall a lot as i went quite few years back but for sure there are coffee shops and there's a walking street with quite many shops along it.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score

Please share when you are back.

I read that beside travelling via Langkawi, we can also travel via Haiyat

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Please share when you are back.

I read that beside travelling via Langkawi, we can also travel via Haiyat

I am back already haha...My info is not well organised because I have not started my blog post about this trip. I will just summarized the trip report here.

Going There

I took an overnight coach (KKKL) from SIN to Hatyai which took me 16hrs (3hrs jam at MY + Thai custom). My review about KKKL can be found in the Malaysia travel section.

After going through the hell custom, the bus will bring you to a DFS shop for some time wasting. KKKL coach stops at their office (3rd road) in Hatyai.

After alighting, I rushed to the tour agency which I had booked my ferry ticket from. Bad news, I was late and the next minibus to Pak Bara Pier is not arriving until mid noon. Which means I will miss the last ferry to Koh Lipe and will be snorkeling in my anger. After going through the many options, I decided to rush to the bus terminal myself.

I stormed off to find a random motorcycle parking on the road. No, I did not hijack it. There was a driver and I quickly told him "kala...tala...kiasi". He was confused but immediately responded with "Talat Kaset"? OMG YES NOW PLS FAST!

Talat Kaset to Pak Bara Pier

I bought the mini bus ticket from the office counter 10 (remember this counter). This was the first time in my entire life, experiencing a minibus that not only arrived on time, but also arrived earlier for about 30mins! So I bought:

1) Top up money for the speedboat ticket that I booked through the agency for earlier departure
2) Sim card
3) lunch
4) lots of coffee to calm my nerves

In the end, the speedboat schedule was delayed. Damn Daniel!! So much for topping up money for the earlier departure boat.

Last edited:

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.